Biased moderators

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Hood

Re: Biased moderators

Post by Hood »

Wayne Lowrance wrote:Robert Hyatt comes to mind. He is very biased concerning Vas and Rybka. He is totally oblivious that some recent clones are strongly suspect. How in heck could all of these free programs come out almost at once and so strong. I expect Robert Hyatt will run for moderator. I am total against this.
Btw, the current moderators are doing a good job under very difficult times in my opinion.
It is the total nonsense !

Lets go better for a beer and a sleep.
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
mariaclara

Post by mariaclara »

:lol: come on Hood,

it's just his " opinion "

he ain't forcing you to agree with him.

:roll: :wink:
Hood wrote:
Wayne Lowrance wrote:Robert Hyatt comes to mind. He is very biased concerning Vas and Rybka. He is totally oblivious that some recent clones are strongly suspect. How in heck could all of these free programs come out almost at once and so strong. I expect Robert Hyatt will run for moderator. I am total against this.
Btw, the current moderators are doing a good job under very difficult times in my opinion.
It is the total nonsense !

Lets go better for a beer and a sleep.

................. Mu Shin ..........................
menniepals

Post by menniepals »

I know it is his opinion but he is airing it all out and that becomes a personal attack. If it is his own opinion he should be careful of what he says because it can easily be insulting to others. This forum should not be a vehicle to conveniently trash anybody. I don't regularly post in this forum but whenever a good name Like Mr. Hyatt is unfairly maligned, then it is my duty to rebuke this person. I think we should refrain from issuing statements like this. With regards to Mr. Banks, he can not avoid such sentiments being a moderator. There will always be complaints and misunderstandings. In my profession, I deal with different people each day, and not everyone is happy no matter what. This is not a perfect society although we try to be.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

menniepals wrote:I know it is his opinion but he is airing it all out and that becomes a personal attack. If it is his own opinion he should be careful of what he says because it can easily be insulting to others. This forum should not be a vehicle to conveniently trash anybody. I don't regularly post in this forum but whenever a good name Like Mr. Hyatt is unfairly maligned, then it is my duty to rebuke this person. I think we should refrain from issuing statements like this. With regards to Mr. Banks, he can not avoid such sentiments being a moderator. There will always be complaints and misunderstandings. In my profession, I deal with different people each day, and not everyone is happy no matter what. This is not a perfect society although we try to be.
There are no good names in a fair forum.

Everyone is subject to the same rules.

Bob is a lot more circumspect than many but that does not mean carte blanche. It is a democracy here.
Bill Rogers

Post by Bill Rogers »

I always thought that personal attacks were cause for banishment, is this not true?
Bill
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Bill Rogers wrote:I always thought that personal attacks were cause for banishment, is this not true?
Bill
Banishment is one moderator option.

I suggest that the first option is removal of the offending post and a reprimand.

Of course, exactly what discipline is administered will be a function of the moderation group.
mariaclara

Post by mariaclara »

:D Exactly
I deal with different people each day, and not everyone is happy no matter what. This is not a perfect society although we try to be.

................. Mu Shin ..........................
menniepals

Post by menniepals »

That is your own opinion that nobody would have a good name in any fair forum. But I believe in the sincerity of Mr. Hyatt through out the years. He may have offended some which I am sure he never intended to do but as you said this is a democratic forum. But it is foolish to assume that democracy also brings the freedom to verbally offend anybody.
menniepals

Post by menniepals »

Albert Silver wrote:
swami wrote:
Hi Wayne,

Every time there's some sort of controversy, you always pop up to throw in an insult against Bob in a form of a new thread.

Please look into your old posts. I'm curious as to why you dislike Bob.

I think he will do fine as a moderator. and remember this kind of thread belongs in Forum help and Suggestion.

Best,
Swami
Different philosophy no doubt. For me it belongs in the Mod forum. All these threads designed to supposedly discuss issues but are in fact just designed to say that Bob, Graham, Vas, you name it, stinks, is this, is that, are nothing but slightly camouflaged personal attacks. IMHO.
Right!
Hood

Post by Hood »

Christopher Conkie wrote:There are no good names in a fair forum.

Everyone is subject to the same rules.

Bob is a lot more circumspect than many but that does not mean carte blanche. It is a democracy here.
I am curious what would you answer and think if in the post was C Conkie on the place of R. Hyatt ?

Personal attacks has nth to democracy. Democracy <> rudeness.

Bon tone rgds
Hood
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.