I dont really understand your philosophy

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

chesstango

I dont really understand your philosophy

Post by chesstango »

I cant even imagine why in this forum, u moderators ( u should explain who is the owner of this url) setup its rules and philosophy, but discriminating. I could read, among other statements, that if someone wants to see how Rybka is going against "prohibited" engines, they should go to the EO forum.... By one side u say that, so i guess u know that a lot of people would like that matter, but on the other side, u discriminate all that people and send them to another place of the forum...... as they were ill, so that they dont transmit virus, bacteria, micosis, and so on....
I bet u lost a lot of people that before this fact, used to write here very good opinions and so.....
Now, remember me: i think this forum is going down and down......
Thx a lot.
Dr. Bernardo Wesler
INFORMATION DOESN'T REPLACE KNOWLEDGE AND KNOWLEDGE DOESN'T REPLACE WISDOM.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Re: I dont really understand your philosophy

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Bernardo,

I never have a problem with one of the adminstrators in the time I played the SWCR IPP family test and reported about all results and impression in the tournament selection of TalkChess. More as 5.000 40 minutes games are played.

So I think it's more or less a little bit ... I search an event to start a big disucss or I try to find out the moment to make trouble again. With the thought, that many others will like that and jump on the train.

TalkChess is a basic modul for computer chess discuss since many years. People can open 100 other computer chess forum but you can be sure, that the group of people which try to make a little bit for this hobby will read Talkchess.

Believe me!
I open x fora or help others to create a fora in the past (CSS Forum, Gambit-Soft Forum - first German fora -, Arena, Second Arena Forum, Forum by Kurt Kispert and so on). Volker Pittlik help me with HTML for around 12-13 years. With Volker I start the Winboard Forum too. And in all the time I try to admin different of this fora each time the same persons with different names made the same problems.

Only if one of the new forums have success, clear its interesting for such persons. Thinking on the older Arena Forum with more as 800 members in a very short time.

Forget the topic, I think you saw a ghost.

Computer chess fora are also a childrens playground or better a toy for adults. For much others an "After work event". And for much others with problems ... a place without control limits.

Best
Frank
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

chesstango wrote:I cant even imagine why in this forum, u moderators ( u should explain who is the owner of this url) setup its rules and philosophy, but discriminating. I could read, among other statements, that if someone wants to see how Rybka is going against "prohibited" engines, they should go to the EO forum.... By one side u say that, so i guess u know that a lot of people would like that matter, but on the other side, u discriminate all that people and send them to another place of the forum...... as they were ill, so that they dont transmit virus, bacteria, micosis, and so on....
I bet u lost a lot of people that before this fact, used to write here very good opinions and so.....
Thx a lot.
The present moderators had nothing to do with setting up the EOF Forum
that forum was set up to discuss the origins/derivation of chess engine source code and not for game results
game results for any engine are permitted in the Tournament forum

the creation of the EOF forum was a suggestion by the forum sponsor/ host during a time when posts of that nature were overwhelming the general forum
the elected moderators at that time agreed with its creation in an effort of reconciliation and good will for the benefit of the forum as a whole
no posts have been sent to the EOF forum by this mod team since we have been elected
Steve
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

Bad Grammar: 5/10
Lack of whitespace: 5/10
Length: 3/10
Trolling: 4/10
Incoherence: 6/10
Overall: 4.6/10

It wasn't a bad rant, though I've seen a lot better. Mostly it was too short. Also there were too many sentence breaks. And I suggest you cut down on the '....'s, because they cause the reader to pause while reading.

Unimpressed,
Peter
bob

Post by bob »

chesstango wrote:I cant even imagine why in this forum, u moderators ( u should explain who is the owner of this url) setup its rules and philosophy, but discriminating. I could read, among other statements, that if someone wants to see how Rybka is going against "prohibited" engines, they should go to the EO forum.... By one side u say that, so i guess u know that a lot of people would like that matter, but on the other side, u discriminate all that people and send them to another place of the forum...... as they were ill, so that they dont transmit virus, bacteria, micosis, and so on....
Thx a lot.
I do not know what you are talking about. The current moderators subscribe to the following:

(1) programming details about _any_ engine belong in the programming forum.

(2) general announcements, discussions and such about _any_ engine should go to the general forum.

(3) results, tournaments, matches, about _any_ engine should be placed in the tournament results forum

(4) discussions about whether A was derived from B, or whether A is a legal engine, etc, all belong in the Engine Origin forum.

I do not recall any of the current 3 moderators doing/suggesting anything different...
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Moan. If the Forum is not liked then go start another Forum. :roll:
Stephen Ham
Full name: Stephen Ham

Post by Stephen Ham »

Nimzovik wrote:Moan. If the Forum is not liked then go start another Forum. :roll:
Why post that silly comment to Dr. Hyatt?

Steve
bob

Post by bob »

I much prefer "Bob" here, for the record.

:)
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Stephen Ham wrote:
Nimzovik wrote:Moan. If the Forum is not liked then go start another Forum. :roll:
Why post that silly comment to Dr. Hyatt?

Steve
He didn't,Alex did :lol:

:P
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Deep sigh... Yah my fault. In my mind I thought it was apparant to whom I was speaking. Too lazy to quote I am. I for one IMHO am somewhat fatigued (enui?) to give audience to people (similar to the originator of this thread) that want to winge in regard to this forum's philosophies. Especially in view of the last batch of mal-contents. Once again that is just me.