The Next Moderator Elections

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Steve B

The Next Moderator Elections

Post by Steve B »

With about six weeks to go before the elections it probably makes some sense to begin discussing the format

This has been the first term to use the "Team candidate " format
it seems to have worked well with the board running smoothly and moderation actions taking place in the background for the most part
As Team members we planned to run together ,hashed out our thoughts about the various issues and offered our platform
while we generally agreed unanimously on most issues there were times when we acted based upon a 2/3 majority
the most important point is as a team we can agree to disagree for the good of the forum

the draw back of the team concept is that it takes a bit of pre-election planning with members contacting each other to form a team

the other option is of course to return to the "single candidate " format ,which takes no pre-election planning
the draw back here is that candidates can be elected with very different views on contentious issues..which could result in board chaos
(which ..sadly enough.. some folks actually enjoy )

Team Candidates or Solo Regards
Steve
playjunior

Re: The Next Moderator Elections

Post by playjunior »

Teams worked quite well. Go for the second term IMO.
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

Steve B wrote:With about six weeks to go before the elections it probably makes some sense to begin discussing the format

it seems to have worked well with the board running smoothly and moderation actions taking place in the background for the most part
As Team members we planned to run together ,hashed out our thoughts about the various issues and offered our platform
while we generally agreed unanimously on most issues there were times when we acted based upon a 2/3 majority
the most important point is as a team we can agree to disagree for the good of the forum

the draw back of the team concept is that it takes a bit of pre-election planning with members contacting each other to form a team

the other option is of course to return to the "single candidate " format ,which takes no pre-election planning
the draw back here is that candidates can be elected with very different views on contentious issues..which could result in board chaos

Steve

Usually I could careless about these things, however it would seem with the recent and current moderators that everything has ran really SMOOTH!
So proverbial, "hats off" to the existing team, and well done.
gerold

Post by gerold »

Steve B wrote:With about six weeks to go before the elections it probably makes some sense to begin discussing the format

Steve
Keep up the good work. Nice to have peace for once in here.
You all got my vote.

Very best to the Mod. team.
Gerold.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Thanks to all for the kind words
i am not sure i will run again and i certainly cant speak for Bob or Fern or Ted(Alternative)
the question is ..do we want the next election format to be an election for teams again or single candidates?

Best Regards
Steve
gerold

Post by gerold »

Steve B wrote:Thanks to all for the kind words
i am not sure i will run again and i certainly cant speak for Bob or Fern or Ted(Alternative)
the question is ..do we want the next election format to be an election for teams again or single candidates?

Best Regards
Steve
Hi Steve.
Why not post a poll for a couple weeks or more and see.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

gerold wrote:

Best Regards
Steve
Hi Steve.
Hi Gerold
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

i am not so good in writing polls ..i will wind up posting an ambiguous question or something like that
please feel free to post a poll (or any member can do it)

Best Regards
Steve
gerold

Post by gerold »

Steve B wrote:
gerold wrote:

Best Regards
Steve
Hi Steve.
Hi Gerold
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

i am not so good in writing polls ..i will wind up posting an ambiguous question or something like that
please feel free to post a poll (or any member can do it)

Best Regards
Steve
Happy Thanksgiving to You and Your family Steve.

Best,
Gerold.
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

playjunior wrote:Teams worked quite well. Go for the second term IMO.
Well said !!!!!!
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
playjunior wrote:Teams worked quite well. Go for the second term IMO.
Well said !!!!!!
Agreed. Teams worked great.

Peter