Rybka 4

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
tomgdrums

Re: Rybka 4

Post by tomgdrums » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:59 pm

yanquis1972 wrote:rybka 4.1 (a patch, not an upgrade, afaik) is being beta tested & should be released soon, fwiw. the main thing is it will allow mpv analysis, which is a huge setback for MP R4 users. it may have a couple new features as well. i think the rook endgame scaling feature in R4 is useful for analysis purposes, so if there are one or two more on that level or better it could become a worthy investment. you may just want to wait a couple weeks & see what 4.1 offers, assuming it comes.
How does a patch work as opposed to an update?

yanquis1972

Post by yanquis1972 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:08 pm

update would also work -- i said upgrade, in a poor attempt to clarify that there supposedly won't be any elo gain.

De Vos W

Post by De Vos W » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:32 am

yanquis1972 wrote:rybka 4.1 (a patch, not an upgrade, afaik) is being beta tested & should be released soon, fwiw. the main thing is it will allow mpv analysis, which is a huge setback for MP R4 users. it may have a couple new features as well. i think the rook endgame scaling feature in R4 is useful for analysis purposes, so if there are one or two more on that level or better it could become a worthy investment. you may just want to wait a couple weeks & see what 4.1 offers, assuming it comes.
It's a nice fairy-tale from Neverland (the residence of a illusive mad promising word-breaker)
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:43 pm

I do agree that the lack of Rybka 3+ was a huge mistake and alienated a lot of Rybka 3 users, but am happy to see that will not be repeated. Rybka 4.1 is already in beta 2. Rybka 4.1 release will focus on bug fixes rather than ELO strength increases. Another thing is that Rybka 4.1 will have additional parameters that seem to have filtered down from Rybka Cluster and these tools will make the engine very useful for analysis.

De Vos W

Post by De Vos W » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:05 am

M ANSARI wrote:I do agree that the lack of Rybka 3+ was a huge mistake and alienated a lot of Rybka 3 users, but am happy to see that will not be repeated. Rybka 4.1 is already in beta 2. Rybka 4.1 release will focus on bug fixes rather than ELO strength increases. Another thing is that Rybka 4.1 will have additional parameters that seem to have filtered down from Rybka Cluster and these tools will make the engine very useful for analysis.
Its a huge mistake that it takes more than 6 month's and now Rybka 4.1
is in beta. Its a disgrace, what is wrong with you dude? You can't hide behind bullsh*t forever.
I think, Vas is dying laughing with his customers.
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:58 pm

Aw gees. Now I remember..... All the same old stuff about R3+ coming out is apparantly happening still with R4! What a load. I avoid this engine for reason I now remember. What was I thinking. :roll: :shock: :(