As it stands now...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Nimzovik

As it stands now...

Post by Nimzovik »

One qwik question. The SSDF is a little dated currently. Ergo as it stands now which engine (commercial or not) wins the most games (notice I did not say which is the strongest) against the competition?

Which engine(s) are soon poised to be the new number one ?

I am referring to long time controls such as 40 moves in 2 hours.

Of course I must ask this: at long term analysis -say 6 min a move which gives the truth of a position? Generally speaking of course.

I realize that long, long matches are required to give a most corrrect answer, however someone must have some..... indications....
Dave Mitchell

Re: As it stands now...

Post by Dave Mitchell »

Martin's site has an on-going tournament that should give you some indication. His time conrols:

"Each game presented on this site is played with a time control of 40 moves in 100 minutes, the next 20 moves in 50 minutes, then finally 20 minutes for the rest plus 10 seconds added per move at this last time control. If an engine loses on time for various reasons the result will stand - hence the game will not be replayed."

The site: http://www.tcec-chess.org/gots.php
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Thanks. However the Mcafee tool bar indicates it is a questionable site.
gerold

Post by gerold »

Nimzovik wrote:Thanks. However the Mcafee tool bar indicates it is a questionable site.
Nothing wrong with the site.
poisonedpawn

Post by poisonedpawn »

Nimzovik wrote:Thanks. However the Mcafee tool bar indicates it is a questionable site.
that could just mean it hasn't been fully checked out yet. often it is nothing more serious than that.
the geeks shall inherit the earth
Milos

Post by Milos »

Which indicates that Mcaffee tool is just a piece of crap...
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Milos wrote:
Which indicates that Mcaffee tool is just a piece of crap...
Agreed here Milos :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

I can assure you, there's nothing questionable about my site - except the design, perhaps. :lol:

Honestly, I have no idea why it would show up as "questionable".

Makes me question Mcafee though.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Martin Thoresen wrote:
I can assure you, there's nothing questionable about my site - except the design, perhaps. :lol:

Don\t woory Martin,the software in question is a real mess....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
gerold

Post by gerold »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Martin Thoresen wrote:

Don\t woory Martin,the software in question is a real mess....
"Has been for years" :lol: