Houdini 1.5 3011, DR 4 2953 so far!!!!!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Dann Corbit, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
User avatar
notyetagm
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:11 am
Contact:

Houdini 1.5 3011, DR 4 2953 so far!!!!!

Post by notyetagm » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:27 am

IWB wrote:The current result can be found here:

http://www.inwoba.de

Have fun
Ingo
HOLY CRIMINY!!! HOUDINI 1.5 => 3011 so far!!

http://www.inwoba.de/match.html


Houdini 1.5

Houdini 1.5 - Deep Rybka 4 (2953) 55.5 - 39.5 58.42% Perf=3012
Houdini 1.5 - Stockfish 1.9.1 JA (2897) 59.0 - 36.0 62.11% Perf=2982
Houdini 1.5 - Critter 0.90 SSE42 (2891) 63.0 - 32.0 66.32% Perf=3008
Houdini 1.5 - Naum 4.2 (2821) 76.0 - 19.0 80.00% Perf=3061
Houdini 1.5 - Komodo 1.2 JA (2805) 70.0 - 25.0 73.68% Perf=2983
Houdini 1.5 - Deep Shredder 12 (2800) 73.0 - 22.0 76.84% Perf=3008
Houdini 1.5 - Gull 1.1 (2792) 77.5 - 17.5 81.58% Perf=3050
Houdini 1.5 - Deep Sjeng c't 2010 32b (2773) 74.5 - 20.5 78.42% Perf=2997
Houdini 1.5 - spark-1.0 SSE42 (2753) 80.5 - 14.5 84.74% Perf=3050
Houdini 1.5 - HIARCS 13.1 MP 32b (2732) 82.5 - 12.5 86.84% Perf=3059
Houdini 1.5 - Zappa Mexico II (2713) 82.0 - 13.0 86.32% Perf=3032
Houdini 1.5 - Protector 1.3.2 JA (2701) 82.0 - 13.0 86.32% Perf=3020
Houdini 1.5 - Deep Onno 1-2-70 (2686) 85.5 - 8.5 90.96% Perf=3087
Houdini 1.5 - Hannibal 1.0a (2682) 83.5 - 11.5 87.89% Perf=3026
Houdini 1.5 - Deep Junior 12 (2681) 84.5 - 10.5 88.95% Perf=3043
Houdini 1.5 - Toga II 1.4 beta5c BB (2671) 86.5 - 8.5 91.05% Perf=3074
Houdini 1.5 - Umko 1.1 SSE42 (2632) 87.0 - 8.0 91.58% Perf=3046
Houdini 1.5 - Loop 13.6/2007 (2615) 91.0 - 4.0 95.79% Perf=3157
Houdini 1.5 - Jonny 4.00 32b (2615) 86.5 - 8.5 91.05% Perf=3018

1480.0 - 324.0 82.04% Perf=3011

User avatar
notyetagm
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:11 am
Contact:

Re: Houdini 1.5 3011, DR 4 2953 so far!!!!!

Post by notyetagm » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:29 am

Long live the Houdini chess engine, the new King of Chess!

Giant congrats to progammer Robert Houdart for a tremendous accomplishment.

:-)

mwyoung
Posts: 2537
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Houdini 1.5 3011, DR 4 2953 so far!!!!!

Post by mwyoung » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:39 am

notyetagm wrote:
IWB wrote:The current result can be found here:

http://www.inwoba.de

Have fun
Ingo
HOLY CRIMINY!!! HOUDINI 1.5 => 3011 so far!!

http://www.inwoba.de/match.html


Houdini 1.5

Houdini 1.5 - Deep Rybka 4 (2953) 55.5 - 39.5 58.42% Perf=3012
Houdini 1.5 - Stockfish 1.9.1 JA (2897) 59.0 - 36.0 62.11% Perf=2982
Houdini 1.5 - Critter 0.90 SSE42 (2891) 63.0 - 32.0 66.32% Perf=3008
Houdini 1.5 - Naum 4.2 (2821) 76.0 - 19.0 80.00% Perf=3061
Houdini 1.5 - Komodo 1.2 JA (2805) 70.0 - 25.0 73.68% Perf=2983
Houdini 1.5 - Deep Shredder 12 (2800) 73.0 - 22.0 76.84% Perf=3008
Houdini 1.5 - Gull 1.1 (2792) 77.5 - 17.5 81.58% Perf=3050
Houdini 1.5 - Deep Sjeng c't 2010 32b (2773) 74.5 - 20.5 78.42% Perf=2997
Houdini 1.5 - spark-1.0 SSE42 (2753) 80.5 - 14.5 84.74% Perf=3050
Houdini 1.5 - HIARCS 13.1 MP 32b (2732) 82.5 - 12.5 86.84% Perf=3059
Houdini 1.5 - Zappa Mexico II (2713) 82.0 - 13.0 86.32% Perf=3032
Houdini 1.5 - Protector 1.3.2 JA (2701) 82.0 - 13.0 86.32% Perf=3020
Houdini 1.5 - Deep Onno 1-2-70 (2686) 85.5 - 8.5 90.96% Perf=3087
Houdini 1.5 - Hannibal 1.0a (2682) 83.5 - 11.5 87.89% Perf=3026
Houdini 1.5 - Deep Junior 12 (2681) 84.5 - 10.5 88.95% Perf=3043
Houdini 1.5 - Toga II 1.4 beta5c BB (2671) 86.5 - 8.5 91.05% Perf=3074
Houdini 1.5 - Umko 1.1 SSE42 (2632) 87.0 - 8.0 91.58% Perf=3046
Houdini 1.5 - Loop 13.6/2007 (2615) 91.0 - 4.0 95.79% Perf=3157
Houdini 1.5 - Jonny 4.00 32b (2615) 86.5 - 8.5 91.05% Perf=3018

1480.0 - 324.0 82.04% Perf=3011

With less then 75 games to go, it looks like Houdini 1.5 will be rated over 3000 and be 60+ ELO better then version 1.03a.

User avatar
notyetagm
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:11 am
Contact:

Re: Houdini 1.5 3011, DR 4 2953 so far!!!!!

Post by notyetagm » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:48 am

mwyoung wrote:

With less then 75 games to go, it looks like Houdini 1.5 will be rated over 3000 and be 60+ ELO better then version 1.03a.
WOW!!!

Milos
Posts: 3970
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Houdini 1.5 3011, DR 4 2953 so far!!!!!

Post by Milos » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:48 am

SzG wrote:If I were Vasik I would loan my Rybka code to Robert Houdart. He could surely make a 3200 engine from an original code if he could make a 3100 engine from Robbolito.
Now imagine if Fruit code was given to Robert in 2005. He would have made 3500 elo engine so far ;).

Uri Blass
Posts: 8828
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Tel-Aviv Israel

Re: Houdini 1.5 3011, DR 4 2953 so far!!!!!

Post by Uri Blass » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:59 am

3011(3010 after 1873 games out of 1900) is probably misleading and I guess that it is translated to 3003(the numbers that you see after part of the games are usually 5-10 elo too high because the calculation is not based on the same method as the final numbers)

I am based on the following from the IPON thread:
"At 1006 games I made a real calculation with bayeselo. The result was 7 Elo lower than the "live rating""

Note that 50 elo advantage relative to Rybka4 and 54 elo improvement relative to previous version is also good enough.

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9772
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: Houdini 1.5 3011, DR 4 2953 so far!!!!!

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:33 am

Milos wrote:
SzG wrote:If I were Vasik I would loan my Rybka code to Robert Houdart. He could surely make a 3200 engine from an original code if he could make a 3100 engine from Robbolito.
Now imagine if Fruit code was given to Robert in 2005. He would have made 3500 elo engine so far ;).
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


:wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

User avatar
notyetagm
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:11 am
Contact:

Re: Houdini 1.5 3011, DR 4 2953 so far!!!!!

Post by notyetagm » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:06 am

Milos wrote:
SzG wrote:If I were Vasik I would loan my Rybka code to Robert Houdart. He could surely make a 3200 engine from an original code if he could make a 3100 engine from Robbolito.
Now imagine if Fruit code was given to Robert in 2005. He would have made 3500 elo engine so far ;).
Yes, Houdart would have gone straight from Fruit to Houdini, cutting out the middleman (Rybka).

:-)

Nimzovik
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:08 pm

Re: Houdini 1.5 3011, DR 4 2953 so far!!!!!

Post by Nimzovik » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:48 pm

:shock: Le gasp! The thing is incredibly strong! Wheeeeee! Wot fun eh?

UncombedCoconut
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 am
Location: Naperville, IL

Re: Houdini 1.5 3011, DR 4 2953 so far!!!!!

Post by UncombedCoconut » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:32 pm

notyetagm wrote:
Milos wrote:
SzG wrote:If I were Vasik I would loan my Rybka code to Robert Houdart. He could surely make a 3200 engine from an original code if he could make a 3100 engine from Robbolito.
Now imagine if Fruit code was given to Robert in 2005. He would have made 3500 elo engine so far ;).
Yes, Houdart would have gone straight from Fruit to Houdini, cutting out the middleman (Rybka).

:-)
I think you missed that Milos was taking a swipe at SzG. His "idea" is illogical because Fruit 2.1 was already open-source in 2005.

Post Reply