Houdini 1.5 with Large Page support and 8-cores for w32

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

rvida

Re: Houdini 1.5 with Large Page support and 8-cores for w32

Post by rvida »

Houdini wrote:
I started programming in 1982, on a ZX-81.
I started on a more "advanced" model: Sinclair ZX Spectrum. 16kB ROM / 48kB RAM :)

PS. Sorry for off topic post
yanquis1972

Post by yanquis1972 »

AdminX wrote:
Houdini wrote:Ted,

Yes, a Sinclair ZX-81 (don't know about the Timex part), a small black box with lousy keyboard and only 1 kilobyte of RAM - including the video memory!
Amazing days :D.
Yes that's it. It was called a Timex Sinclair ZX81 here in the US when I 1st bought it. Amazing days indeed.
Timex :lol:

in case anyone doesn't know, since my existence at least timex is known for cheap glowing clocks & watches. hilarious for me to think of a timex pc.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

yanquis1972 wrote:
AdminX wrote:
Houdini wrote:Ted,

Yes, a Sinclair ZX-81 (don't know about the Timex part), a small black box with lousy keyboard and only 1 kilobyte of RAM - including the video memory!
Amazing days :D.
Yes that's it. It was called a Timex Sinclair ZX81 here in the US when I 1st bought it. Amazing days indeed.
Timex :lol:

in case anyone doesn't know, since my existence at least timex is known for cheap glowing clocks & watches. hilarious for me to think of a timex pc.
"The Timex Sinclair 1000 is the North American version of the Sinclair ZX-81, from British based Sinclair Research Ltd. They are nearly identical, except for the name on the front, and minor motherboard layout differences."

"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by yanquis1972 »

looks like a real powerhouse 8-)

at least it sounds from that article like timex just slapped their name onto it instead of designing it themselves, so the world was definitely saved an even shittier computer.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

yanquis1972 wrote:looks like a real powerhouse 8-)

at least it sounds from that article like timex just slapped their name onto it instead of designing it themselves, so the world was definitely saved an even shittier computer.
:D
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."