Excerpts from the speech of Mr.Rajlich to e-chess players

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: Excerpts from the speech of Mr.Rajlich to e-chess player

Post by hgm »

This sounds very much like what the Russians thought when they embraced communism...
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

hgm wrote:This sounds very much like what the Russians thought when they embraced communism...
So xxx.lanl.gov and SPIRES are some sort of communist nests? Without them the research in physics would have advanced faster?

Maybe slower?
hgm

Post by hgm »

Never heard of them. They want to forbid commercial exploitation of inventions, in the hope that this will make industry spend more on research?
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

hgm wrote:Never heard of them. They want to forbid commercial exploitation of inventions, in the hope that this will make industry spend more on research?
Strange you never heard of lanl site (SPIRES is mostly high-energy and phys-math). Then I bet you read some journals, with an institutional subscription i.e. practically for free.

Maybe you are a renaissance kind of a complete mind, though, close to that contemporary genius.... errr.. who?
hgm

Post by hgm »

Since I retired I don't visit the institute library anymore. High-energy physics was never my field; I worked in atomic physics / laser physics.