Dr. Deeb was right

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3109
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: A+B = C

Post by Guenther » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:17 pm

notyetagm wrote:
Overview

The Rybka Cluster is a high-performance supercomputer located in Minden/Westfalen, Germany. Combining software and hardware engineering, the Rybka Cluster features exclusive Rybka versions not available to the public running on customized hardware built with the specific goal of providing top Rybka performance at an affordable price.
The real Rybka 4 has finally made its appearance, on the cluster, just like Dr. Deeb said.

Us suckers paid top dollar for the Rybka 3.1 which was supposed to be a free upgrade.

Never again.

Long live Houdini and Stockfish!
You are funny. I cannot imagine that there were real people with
a real brain who did not believe the cluster Rybka project would
use a newer better and different Rybka version. This is simple
logic. And all the version naming is stupid, why not call the Cluster
version the Rybka 2+ no one received? This is just number shifting.

In the past people paid much more for much less elo improvement
between versions of several programs and no one is forced to
buy anything. One can also wait if version a+1 is x stronger for
making a buying decision.

User avatar
Laskos
Posts: 9503
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:21 pm
Full name: Kai Laskos

Re: A+B = C

Post by Laskos » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Guenther wrote:One can also wait if version a+1 is x stronger for
making a buying decision.
Frankly, I like more download for free decisions :lol:

Kai

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9635
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: Dr. Deeb was right

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:58 pm

SzG wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: Hi Gabor,
Dare I ask where did you pull these 60 Elo point from when playing with the parameters :!: :?:
Hi Wael,

In another thread this link was provided:

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?tid=18686
Thanks,will take a closer look....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9635
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: A+B = C

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:11 pm

Guenther wrote:
notyetagm wrote:
Overview

The Rybka Cluster is a high-performance supercomputer located in Minden/Westfalen, Germany. Combining software and hardware engineering, the Rybka Cluster features exclusive Rybka versions not available to the public running on customized hardware built with the specific goal of providing top Rybka performance at an affordable price.
The real Rybka 4 has finally made its appearance, on the cluster, just like Dr. Deeb said.

Us suckers paid top dollar for the Rybka 3.1 which was supposed to be a free upgrade.

Never again.

Long live Houdini and Stockfish!
You are funny. I cannot imagine that there were real people with
a real brain who did not believe the cluster Rybka project would
use a newer better and different Rybka version. This is simple
logic. And all the version naming is stupid, why not call the Cluster
version the Rybka 2+ no one received? This is just number shifting.

In the past people paid much more for much less elo improvement
between versions of several programs and no one is forced to
buy anything. One can also wait if version a+1 is x stronger for
making a buying decision.
Yes,but I don't recall someone in the past renting a chess entity for a 1000$ for 5 days....correct me if I'm wrong....

About the simple logic that you mention,I can assure you it's not that simple because Mr.Rybkian doesn't give any clear information about the nature of the chess entity called cluster Rybka which is supposed to be 150-200 Elo stronger than the standard Rybka running on a quad....

I assume that you lack this sort of information....if you don't,please be kind enough to share with us....
Area 51 regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

User avatar
Leto
Posts: 2028
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 am
Location: Dune

Re: Dr. Deeb was right

Post by Leto » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:20 pm

SzG wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: Hi Gabor,
Dare I ask where did you pull these 60 Elo point from when playing with the parameters :!: :?:
Hi Wael,

In another thread this link was provided:

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?tid=18686
But this thread shows that the tweaked R4 is actually weaker against strong opponents (but better against weaker opponents) :
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... =&start=10

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9635
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: Dr. Deeb was right

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Leto wrote:
SzG wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: Hi Gabor,
Dare I ask where did you pull these 60 Elo point from when playing with the parameters :!: :?:
Hi Wael,

In another thread this link was provided:

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?tid=18686
But this thread shows that the tweaked R4 is actually weaker against strong opponents (but better against weaker opponents) :
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... =&start=10
Exactly and this is pricesly the delusion that these parameters are superior to the default ones....these parameters play very aggressively against weaker opponents but geeting killed against the likes of Houdini and company....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

Tom Barrister
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Dr. Deeb was right

Post by Tom Barrister » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:27 pm

I would like to see the improvement as noted by the IPON people---or whatever other computer engine testing group that allows the alleged "illegal" engines to compete (i.e. not the "Gimme a free Rybka-4 please." hemorrhoid-counters).
This production is being brought to you by Rybka: "The engine made from scratch.™"

Robert Flesher
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Dr. Deeb was right

Post by Robert Flesher » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
notyetagm wrote:
Overview

The Rybka Cluster is a high-performance supercomputer located in Minden/Westfalen, Germany. Combining software and hardware engineering, the Rybka Cluster features exclusive Rybka versions not available to the public running on customized hardware built with the specific goal of providing top Rybka performance at an affordable price.
The real Rybka 4 has finally made its appearance, on the cluster, just like Dr. Deeb said.

Us suckers paid top dollar for the Rybka 3.1 which was supposed to be a free upgrade.

Never again.

Long live Houdini and Stockfish!
I saw it before it even hit me and you're right,the real Rybka 4 is living over the cluster pending for richy customers to hook up....

BTW,the 150-200 Elo claims of the cluster Rybka is simply an unashamed speculation that can't be proved as we can't test cluster Rybka in our basements....the Rybka team has mastered an amazing skills in decieving his customers using an advanced network of loyal fanboys and false advertisement approaches....
Don't believe them regards,
Dr.D


I think this says it all. I quote, Vas
" First, a disclaimer - things often change, so the following is a plan, not a promise. I did some preliminary work on Rybka 4.1 in December, and will continue in February. I'll be pretty disappointed if Rybka 4.1 isn't ready in Q1 2011. Major bugs will be fixed, but there will be no strength gain and no polished new features (although there may be some new experimental features).

Vas


If you read this carefully, one could postulate that Vas has already considered his time table and knows Rybka 4.1 is not going to be anytime soon. Therefore, the first statement of a "plan" instead of a "promise". Laughable, although not surprising. He has our money, we have his plans.

mwyoung
Posts: 1642
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Dr. Deeb was right

Post by mwyoung » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:14 pm

Robert Flesher wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
notyetagm wrote:
Overview

The Rybka Cluster is a high-performance supercomputer located in Minden/Westfalen, Germany. Combining software and hardware engineering, the Rybka Cluster features exclusive Rybka versions not available to the public running on customized hardware built with the specific goal of providing top Rybka performance at an affordable price.
The real Rybka 4 has finally made its appearance, on the cluster, just like Dr. Deeb said.

Us suckers paid top dollar for the Rybka 3.1 which was supposed to be a free upgrade.

Never again.

Long live Houdini and Stockfish!
I saw it before it even hit me and you're right,the real Rybka 4 is living over the cluster pending for richy customers to hook up....

BTW,the 150-200 Elo claims of the cluster Rybka is simply an unashamed speculation that can't be proved as we can't test cluster Rybka in our basements....the Rybka team has mastered an amazing skills in decieving his customers using an advanced network of loyal fanboys and false advertisement approaches....
Don't believe them regards,
Dr.D


I think this says it all. I quote, Vas
" First, a disclaimer - things often change, so the following is a plan, not a promise. I did some preliminary work on Rybka 4.1 in December, and will continue in February. I'll be pretty disappointed if Rybka 4.1 isn't ready in Q1 2011. Major bugs will be fixed, but there will be no strength gain and no polished new features (although there may be some new experimental features).

Vas


If you read this carefully, one could postulate that Vas has already considered his time table and knows Rybka 4.1 is not going to be anytime soon. Therefore, the first statement of a "plan" instead of a "promise". Laughable, although not surprising. He has our money, we have his plans.

Vas has left his customers high and dry again. He said he would fix Rybka 3 and he did not. I do not think he will ever fix Rybka 4. This is how he operates. I have no faith in anything V. R. says. I don't care about his cluster project. I am just done.

He can do what he wants with is business, and I can do what I want with my money. And my money will never support anything V.R. does in the future. He has lost my trust.

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9635
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: Dr. Deeb was right

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:34 am

Robert Flesher wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
notyetagm wrote:
Overview

The Rybka Cluster is a high-performance supercomputer located in Minden/Westfalen, Germany. Combining software and hardware engineering, the Rybka Cluster features exclusive Rybka versions not available to the public running on customized hardware built with the specific goal of providing top Rybka performance at an affordable price.
The real Rybka 4 has finally made its appearance, on the cluster, just like Dr. Deeb said.

Us suckers paid top dollar for the Rybka 3.1 which was supposed to be a free upgrade.

Never again.

Long live Houdini and Stockfish!
I saw it before it even hit me and you're right,the real Rybka 4 is living over the cluster pending for richy customers to hook up....

BTW,the 150-200 Elo claims of the cluster Rybka is simply an unashamed speculation that can't be proved as we can't test cluster Rybka in our basements....the Rybka team has mastered an amazing skills in decieving his customers using an advanced network of loyal fanboys and false advertisement approaches....
Don't believe them regards,
Dr.D


I think this says it all. I quote, Vas
" First, a disclaimer - things often change, so the following is a plan, not a promise. I did some preliminary work on Rybka 4.1 in December, and will continue in February. I'll be pretty disappointed if Rybka 4.1 isn't ready in Q1 2011. Major bugs will be fixed, but there will be no strength gain and no polished new features (although there may be some new experimental features).

Vas


If you read this carefully, one could postulate that Vas has already considered his time table and knows Rybka 4.1 is not going to be anytime soon. Therefore, the first statement of a "plan" instead of a "promise". Laughable, although not surprising. He has our money, we have his plans.
He's a greedy liar....I feel sick when I read his statements....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

Post Reply