Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
De Vos W
Posts: 431
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:59 am

Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Post by De Vos W » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:47 pm

Bashing the "Rybka Cluster" ...this is a nice one from our friend "Harvey Williamson"


http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... 20058;pg=4

By Harvey Williamson Date 2011-01-07 14:32
Some people will surely see that a bug fix was promised for R3 and did not happen. A bug fix was promised for R4 and has not
happened in a timely fashion. Although there is an obligation on any developer to supply a free fix for major bugs to customers. Why
should any customer believe a Cluster bug will be fixed?

By Felix Kling Date 2011-01-08 01:59 Harvey, what are you talking about? Bugs in the cluster Rybka are easy to fix, there's no problem with distribution and so on.
Of course the Hiarcs team can't fix bugs in their cluster software, since there is no :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

zullil
Posts: 6442
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: PA USA
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Post by zullil » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:58 pm

You seem totally obsessed with Rybka. Why are you copying posts from the Rybka forum here?

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:12 pm

zullil wrote:You seem totally obsessed with Rybka. Why are you copying posts from the Rybka forum here?
Is there a law forbidding copying posts from the Rybka forum showing Vasik the biggest commercial chess programmer liar of all times :!: :?:

I guess the answer is NO
Try to accept the reality whether you like it or not regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

zullil
Posts: 6442
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: PA USA
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Post by zullil » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:38 pm

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
zullil wrote:You seem totally obsessed with Rybka. Why are you copying posts from the Rybka forum here?
Is there a law forbidding copying posts from the Rybka forum showing Vasik the biggest commercial chess programmer liar of all times :!: :?:

I guess the answer is NO
Try to accept the reality whether you like it or not regards,
Dr.D
What is this mania about Rybka and its creator? I don't care about Rybka. I have never used Rybka. If I want to read posts on the Rybka forums, I can go to the Rybka forums.

Damir
Posts: 2462
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Denmark
Full name: Damir Desevac

Re: Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Post by Damir » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:44 pm

This post is no longer on the Rybka forum. It has been deleted, so you can not read it, even if you wanted to.... I will give you a hint who might have done it. It starts with VR&FK. Do you know who it is ?

User avatar
George Tsavdaris
Posts: 1627
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:35 am

Re: Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Post by George Tsavdaris » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:48 pm

De Vos W wrote:Bashing the "Rybka Cluster" ...this is a nice one from our friend "Harvey Williamson"


http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... 20058;pg=4

By Harvey Williamson Date 2011-01-07 14:32
Some people will surely see that a bug fix was promised for R3 and did not happen. A bug fix was promised for R4 and has not
happened in a timely fashion. Although there is an obligation on any developer to supply a free fix for major bugs to customers. Why
should any customer believe a Cluster bug will be fixed?

By Felix Kling Date 2011-01-08 01:59 Harvey, what are you talking about? Bugs in the cluster Rybka are easy to fix, there's no problem with distribution and so on.
Of course the Hiarcs team can't fix bugs in their cluster software, since there is no :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Interesting topic by you. AGAIN!
Its subject Rybka.

So what the hell is your point with all these?
A conversation between Harvey and Felix on another forum?
And you made that a topic here?
With what purpose?
What kind of interest for us is this?

I tried to report the topic but someone else has done this before me.

I wonder for how much longer you would be allowed to post topics that will close or posts that would be deleted, before you are forced to say goodbye.

I mean didn't moderators get already bored of deleting posts of you or dealing with reports about your posts? Fine by me if they have some much patience. :roll:
Last edited by George Tsavdaris on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
After his son's birth they've asked him:
"Is it a boy or girl?"
YES! He replied.....

mwyoung
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Post by mwyoung » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:50 pm

zullil wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
zullil wrote:You seem totally obsessed with Rybka. Why are you copying posts from the Rybka forum here?
Is there a law forbidding copying posts from the Rybka forum showing Vasik the biggest commercial chess programmer liar of all times :!: :?:

I guess the answer is NO
Try to accept the reality whether you like it or not regards,
Dr.D
What is this mania about Rybka and its creator? I don't care about Rybka. I have never used Rybka. If I want to read posts on the Rybka forums, I can go to the Rybka forums.
You have no standing in the matter, you were not one of the 1000's of people to get ripped off. So I understand why you don't care, but other people here do care.

Paloma
Posts: 1004
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Post by Paloma » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Wrong! . . It's still there:


Image
.

zullil
Posts: 6442
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: PA USA
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Post by zullil » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:26 pm

mwyoung wrote: but other people here do care.
OK.

But what does the original post offer such people (who must already know they purchased buggy software that hasn't been patched)? Do they gain something by reading that HW agrees with them?

This "consumer complaint" issue has become a conspiratorial mania for some. It really seems like a psychiatric ailment.

User avatar
michiguel
Posts: 6401
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:30 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Contact:

Re: Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Post by michiguel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:32 pm

zullil wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
zullil wrote:You seem totally obsessed with Rybka. Why are you copying posts from the Rybka forum here?
Is there a law forbidding copying posts from the Rybka forum showing Vasik the biggest commercial chess programmer liar of all times :!: :?:

I guess the answer is NO
Try to accept the reality whether you like it or not regards,
Dr.D
What is this mania about Rybka and its creator? I don't care about Rybka. I have never used Rybka. If I want to read posts on the Rybka forums, I can go to the Rybka forums.
Absolutely. Some people here have not concept of respect and think it is ok to continuously spam this forum with crap.

Miguel

Post Reply