Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

mwyoung wrote:
zullil wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
zullil wrote:You seem totally obsessed with Rybka. Why are you copying posts from the Rybka forum here?
Is there a law forbidding copying posts from the Rybka forum showing Vasik the biggest commercial chess programmer liar of all times :!: :?:

I guess the answer is NO
Try to accept the reality whether you like it or not regards,
Dr.D
What is this mania about Rybka and its creator? I don't care about Rybka. I have never used Rybka. If I want to read posts on the Rybka forums, I can go to the Rybka forums.
You have no standing in the matter, you were not one of the 1000's of people to get ripped off. So I understand why you don't care, but other people here do care.
Exactly,people like me who paid twice for Rybka 3 And Rybka 4 and were decieved by it's author....I hope you understand now....

Why is no one creating similar threads against the authors of engines like Shredder or Hiarcs :!: :?:
Can you answer this question :!: :?:
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

zullil wrote:
mwyoung wrote: but other people here do care.
OK.

But what does the original post offer such people (who must already know they purchased buggy software that hasn't been patched)? Do they gain something by reading that HW agrees with them?

This "consumer complaint" issue has become a conspiratorial mania for some. It really seems like a psychiatric ailment.
No it's not a mania....it's a persistant approach to show people what kind of person the author of Rybka is and to warn them to think twice before giving away their money for a buggy software and lies regarding future bug fixes....now what do you have against that :!: :?:
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

michiguel wrote:
zullil wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
zullil wrote:You seem totally obsessed with Rybka. Why are you copying posts from the Rybka forum here?
Is there a law forbidding copying posts from the Rybka forum showing Vasik the biggest commercial chess programmer liar of all times :!: :?:

I guess the answer is NO
Dr.D
What is this mania about Rybka and its creator? I don't care about Rybka. I have never used Rybka. If I want to read posts on the Rybka forums, I can go to the Rybka forums.
Absolutely. Some people here have not concept of respect and think it is ok to continuously spam this forum with crap.

Miguel
No respect gained,no respect given....
Tell Vasik to release Rybka 4.1 at least as he yet "promised" again....
Dr.D
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

it seems to me that some members here dont care for the lead poster and so they feel they have the right to insult him at will in public

he did not break into a thread and there is no charter violation involved with dragging posts over from one forum to another forum..although i personally dont care for stuff like that

in fact there is a forum about computer chess recently created that would probably have nothing to talk about if not for dragging posts from this site

Steve
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

No, No, I'm totally obsessed with Houdini 1.5 its a stronger UCI engine!

Is there a charter violation involved with dragging posts over from one forum to another forum?
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

Post by tmokonen »

De Vos W wrote:

Is there a charter violation involved with dragging posts over from one forum to another forum?
It's not a charter violation. It's just boring as hell because you only ever talk about one topic, and constant harping is not going to change anyone's mind on the matter.
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

De Vos W wrote:

No. I never said there was:
zullil wrote:Why are you copying posts from the Rybka forum here?
The point of my question was to encourage you to consider your actions. I don't want your posts removed, and have never asked for their removal.
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

tmokonen wrote:
De Vos W wrote:

It's not a charter violation. It's just boring as hell because you only ever talk about one topic, and constant harping is not going to change anyone's mind on the matter.
If it's boring why reading it?
I don't want to change anyone's mind, do you?

Maybe it's better one topic in the hand than 2 in the bush....
:lol:
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

michiguel wrote:
zullil wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

I guess the answer is NO
Dr.D
Absolutely. Some people here have not concept of respect and think it is ok to continuously spam this forum with crap.

Miguel
"Harvey Williamson" wrote no crap, he wrote a very funny post!
Oh well! Cheers
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

De Vos W wrote:
tmokonen wrote:
De Vos W wrote:

If it's boring why reading it?
There would be no problem if the forum had a filter, but it doesn't.

You (plural, because there are many following the same trend) are constantly hijacking threads, and spamming the forum with the same topic over and over again, flushing other threads down the list. For instance, you (singular) have already cut and and pasted your own messages, which is extremely rude. You (plural) don't respect other contributors here that do not care about Rybka & al. not a even a bit. It is common courtesy not to try to take over either a forum or any other social event. You (plural) either have a complete disregard for others and no concept of social feedback, or it is a deliberate attempt to follow some weird agenda.

I generally try to follow several threads, but it is no fun to see search where the heck are, and have discussions about Stockfish or other things buried with Rybka or anti-rybka rants. It is frustrating and no fun.

You (plural) win.
Miguel
I don't want to change anyone's mind, do you?

Maybe it's better one topic in the hand than 2 in the bush....
:lol: