Who do you believe now?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Who do you believe now?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:43 am

Vas
4%
Fabien
73%
Undecided (Statements Not Clear Enough Yet)
22%

Total votes: 89

De Vos W

Re: Who do you believe now?

Post by De Vos W »

Graham Banks wrote:Now let me think. I'll stamp my foot hard on the floor three times and then vote. :wink:
I see Vasik is on the ground, ...why only three times?
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

De Vos W wrote:I believe Fabien!!!
RaJlich is a charlatan
Amen to that....

BTW,here is the first evidence that Rybka is a Fruit derivative....

:wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Ant_Gugdin

Post by Ant_Gugdin »

hgm wrote:Believe for what?

I believe Fabien when he says that Strelka is a rewrite of Fruit that would not violate the GPL even if it was closed source.
HGM, I don't think this is a good argument at all and it is pointless to repeat it. It appears that you are trying to imply that Fabien has inadvertently said he thinks Rybka is not a violation of the GPL.

The question of whether Vas violated the GPL will be answered by construing the terms of the GPL and determing whether what Vas did with Fruit complied with them. It will not be determined by nitpicking at Fabien's posts. If Vas has violated the GPL then some absurd point extracted from one of Fabien's posts with a fine nit-comb is not going to save him.
Ant_Gugdin

Post by Ant_Gugdin »

BTW, although I am not a Rybka zealot, I must point out that this is an extremely misleading thread. Fabien has simply asked some questions about the Rybka-Fruit connection. Very understandably, he is not happy about the perceived links between Rybka and Fruit but he has not made any accusations. Yet.
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
De Vos W wrote:I believe Fabien!!!
RaJlich is a charlatan
Amen to that....

BTW,here is the first evidence that Rybka is a Fruit derivative....

:wink:
The Rybka Fish, a miscarriage from a shark!
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.