Ratinglists

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Alexander Schmidt

Ratinglists

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

OK guys. Time to add Houdini to your ratinglists or ban all engines of "questionable legal status".

Thanks.

Have a nice time.
Shaun

Re: Ratinglists

Post by Shaun »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:OK guys. Time to add Houdini to your ratinglists or ban all engines of "questionable legal status".

Thanks.

Have a nice time.
:roll:

Perhaps we should have a poll for every engine...

Questionable or Squeeky clean - everyone can vote and we test the ones where everyone agrees squeeky clean.

Might be a short list - and I am not saying that most engines are not squeeky clean just that we will not get everyone agreeing...

Shaun
Alexander Schmidt

Shaun wrote: :roll:
You think it's OK to ban one because of rumors?
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

Alexander Schmidt wrote: You think it's OK to ban one because of rumors?
If you don't agree with the policy of CCRL and CEGT, I suggest that you make your own rating list instead of taking a cowards shortcut by standing on the side line and pointing the middle finger.

Best,
Martin
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

CCRL/CEGT lists are misleading the public with their testings by giving people wrong impression of the strongest engine currently available .
And is not Rybka.
Alexander Schmidt

Martin Thoresen wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote: You think it's OK to ban one because of rumors?
If you don't agree with the policy of CCRL and CEGT, I suggest that you make your own rating list instead of taking a cowards shortcut by standing on the side line and pointing the middle finger.

Best,
Martin
:lol:

In germany we have a saying: Strucked dogs are barking.

And btw, I created ratinglists at a time when noobody in ths community was aware that a Martin Thoresen even exists. I enjoy my well deserved retirement.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:In germany we have a saying: Strucked dogs are barking.
Woof woof! :lol:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:OK guys. Time to add Houdini to your ratinglists or ban all engines of "questionable legal status".

Thanks.

Have a nice time.
IMO, anyone creating any rating list is free to test any engines that they choose to test and not test any engines that they choose not to test.

Is there any reason to try to make someone test something that they do not want to test?

By the way, everyone who has interest in knowing already knows that Houdini is the strongest chess engine. There are some lists that do perform testing against Houdini. There is one tragedy, however, that some of these lists do not publish the games.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Damir wrote:CCRL/CEGT lists are misleading the public with their testings by giving people wrong impression of the strongest engine currently available .
And is not Rybka.
Can you actually name even one person who is mislead by their tests?

I think that everyone knows which engine is strongest.

OK, some truly stupid people, or some who have not bothered to check may not know. But nothing matters for these persons anyway.
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Don't worry about CCRL/CEGT not testing the strongest engines.Soon these lists will be history.The only people interested in them will be the small group that actually does the testing.All I can say is what a waste of computer time and electricity these guys are wasting.Oh and did I mention that Houdini is currently FREE so you don't even have to buy it.
IPON and other great lists will surpass these lists that have had their time.