CCRL is NOT independent

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

De Vos W

CCRL is NOT independent

Post by De Vos W »

Prima wrote:

Agreed that CCRL is NOT independent. More so, the statement made by Felix Kling? stating, " I recommend looking at the professional
rating lists like CCRL...." confirms what some (myself included) have been saying all along that CCRL is an exclusive supporter of
Rybka. It shouldn't shock anyone when I make the statement that CCRL stands to benefit from this and vice versa.

As for Graham Banks being put in a particularly evil situation, he placed himself in that position. No one else did. He took the words of
Vas without actual substantiation and also censored many during his term as a CCC moderator, among other things he did.

This is the kind of double standard "evil situation or position" Graham Banks places himself in. Let's see him get out of his entrapment.
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
John Conway

Re: CCRL is NOT independent

Post by John Conway »

De Vos W wrote:Prima wrote:

Agreed that CCRL is NOT independent. More so, the statement made by Felix Kling? stating, " I recommend looking at the professional
rating lists like CCRL...." confirms what some (myself included) have been saying all along that CCRL is an exclusive supporter of
Rybka. It shouldn't shock anyone when I make the statement that CCRL stands to benefit from this and vice versa.

As for Graham Banks being put in a particularly evil situation, he placed himself in that position. No one else did. He took the words of
Vas without actual substantiation and also censored many during his term as a CCC moderator, among other things he did.

This is the kind of double standard "evil situation or position" Graham Banks places himself in. Let's see him get out of his entrapment.
I suppose if CCRL want only Commercail Clones in their Rating List that is their prerogative. :lol: :shock: :lol:
bhandelman

Re: CCRL is NOT independent

Post by bhandelman »

De Vos W wrote:Prima wrote:

Well, I don't know if it confirms anything other than the fact that Graham Banks doesn't want to admit he was wrong. I really wish you guys would lay off the conspiracy theory stuff. This posting isn't a confirmation of anything.

If CCRL doesn't start including Houdini, it will go by the wayside and that's that. If it does something odd is going to happen to the Rybka forum, but that forum is such a sterile and boring place I can't see it helping anything. Either way, Houdini is being mentioned all over the place as the strongest now; I saw it mentioned plenty of times on both ICC and FICS during relays, it gets name dropped by professional players quite a bit now, has a fairly large following on chess.com with no controversy, and even got a NY Times mention. Whether anyone likes it or not, Houdini isn't going anywhere and all this Fruit/Rybka stuff coming up has done is ensure that Vas doesn't try legal action to shut Robert Houdart down. I wouldn't be surprised if ChessBase or somebody hasn't already offered him a decent sum to begin marketing the program.
Benjamin Handelman
ICC/FICS/Playchess - bhandelman
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Re: Hiarcs / Rybka / Clones / organisators ...

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi there,

I remember on the time I created the "Arena Support Forum". Years later Hiarcs and Rybka do the same.

To Rybka: Never I can see a support in this forum. Good messages to the Topic Rybka comes from the members of this forum, not from the Rybka team. Must thinking on childresh entrys to Harry Schnapp. I think different persons try to play the Admin game, not more not less.

To Hiarcs: Great support for the customers here. Do you know how many ideas in computer chess are cloned, not speaking from engines!

Things we do, like Chess960 / FRC with Arena.
But I don't think its cloned, more or less we animated and others do the same. That's absolutley in my interest.

For some months I got a mail, Frank please don't add your SWCR results in Hiarcs forum, cloned engines are included. I can understand such a reaction by the Hiarcs Admin to 50%. The error the most have in brain is to ignore works other do.

I will give an example:
Never I am a friend to collect information about clone programs in Engine overview on Arena page. To collect names by others which make a mistake for a long time is very very danger. I am not a judge or a policemen. The most danger persons in computer chess are persons which judge over others. Right or wrongt is here not really important!

Not the cloner are danger, now, now !
The persons which try to control the scene or judge over others are danger. The result is hate and other things but not to animate others.

Computer chess have a bad main organisation. Sources by programs like Rybka or others are never checked before a World Championschip started. All the years our main organisation don't reported about a tourney in Massy, about a Polish championschip, others.

So many bad points computer chess have so many years. And never persons which are able to try a bit against it learned from it.

And to Hiarcs and Rybka:
Mark Uniacke is a very nice programmer. I can't understand what interest the Hiarcs team have or the Rybka team have. But no commercial ideas control computer chess.

I will be a fan of Hiarcs forever andof the very honest programmer Mark Uniacke. I never set one message in Rybka forum and I never was a fan from Rybka. Not important that SWCR results find a place or not in Hiarcs forum. This are different things.

I will say that we should not search in works by others to make computer chess better. We should search in other things around computer chess which are more important.

We have the problem that we don't know what is to do with clones and which reaction is right or not. But more important as this one are others things.

Best
Frank