A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
geots
Posts: 4790
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:42 pm

Re: A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by geots » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:39 am

Terry McCracken wrote:
Watchman wrote:Is it just me... or does anyone else get the impression that the "Carol Rodanu" personality is like the Rolf personality except on "steroids"?

Maybe a better analogy is: Rolf is to Dr. Jekyll As Carol Rodanu is to Mr. Hyde.

"No Offense" to either one... just seems both strangely similar...
It's Chris Whittington.

You could be further from the truth, but not a hell of a lot

bob
Posts: 20916
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Re: A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by bob » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:41 am

geots wrote:
Romy wrote:
bob wrote:
Tom Barrister wrote:Mr. Rajlich's best move is to keep his mouth shut until if and when he gets sued or charged with a crime. His attorney(s) would be foolish to tell him to do anything but stay silent.
I understand the issue of self-incrimination. But to allow this process to proceed to its end without any input from the defense is going to be a problem as well. It will certainly be a negative advertising impact.
Please not to confuse ICGA's kangaroos with a Court.

Tom Barrister is correct. I visit to a Kenya Parks once, with Ceausescu money. You can enter by car to the area where there is a large BABOON POPULATIONS. There is a warningsign for the car user, it state some thing like--
"Stay Silent, keep window up, because Baboon to attack without senses or reason"

But to person who think derivative of x^2 be 2x dx, which is sheerly nonsense, I may have to explain analogy. Better I PM to him my cellphone number (Bucharest) and we can to respectfuley discuss originality of CRAFTY itself.

Uh-oh.
Uh-oh?

Feel free to compare crafty source to any program in existence... Doesn't worry me one iota. Not _all_ of us copy the work of others... The only example I know that is a problem would be Rybka 1.6.1 and probably Rybka 1 beta. Fortunately, Crafty was around just a few years before either of those existed, so it is pretty obvious who copied what, there...

Go for whatever you think you can find...

bob
Posts: 20916
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Re: A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by bob » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:50 am

Romy wrote:
bob wrote:have any Crafty code in it
I read in Der Spiegel that Crafty come from Cray Blitz.

I have been recently speak to another senior, not "Associate", gentleman from Southern state, a connection to Carnegie Mellon U. He has interesting informations theory about originalities or origins of Cray Blitz.

It can get very warm there as summer approach.
Source for Cray Blitz is on the internet. Feel free to compare _anything_ in it you so choose... Your comments are beyond stupid. But if you want to paint yourself in that light, go for it. Nothing will get very warm here. Sounds like you are talking about Berliner. He's certainly an "expert" on where Cray Blitz came from. "blitz" existed in 1968. What do you think it might have been copied from? No open-source chess programs existed back then. You have a lot of evidence to fabricate, so by all means go away and fabricate whatever you want. If it will keep you and your nonsense out of here, it's a good deal for everyone...

The only person with something to hide is Vas. Look all you want. In all the wrong places...

bob
Posts: 20916
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Re: A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by bob » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:55 am

PauloSoare wrote:
Romy wrote:
bob wrote:
Tom Barrister wrote:Mr. Rajlich's best move is to keep his mouth shut until if and when he gets sued or charged with a crime. His attorney(s) would be foolish to tell him to do anything but stay silent.
I understand the issue of self-incrimination. But to allow this process to proceed to its end without any input from the defense is going to be a problem as well. It will certainly be a negative advertising impact.
Please not to confuse ICGA's kangaroos with a Court.

Tom Barrister is correct. I visit to a Kenya Parks once, with Ceausescu money. You can enter by car to the area where there is a large BABOON POPULATIONS. There is a warningsign for the car user, it state some thing like--
"Stay Silent, keep window up, because Baboon to attack without senses or reason"

But to person who think derivative of x^2 be 2x dx, which is sheerly nonsense, I may have to explain analogy. Better I PM to him my cellphone number (Bucharest) and we can to respectfuley discuss originality of CRAFTY itself.
I also have disagreements with Dr. Rober Hyat on the subject Fruit-Rybka, but I also admire and respect Robert . Please respect this person, who is perhaps the greatest exponent of computer chess.
Do you have disagreements about the Rybka - Crafty problems? There, there is absolutely _no_ doubt at all about copying. There are plenty of pieces of copied Fruit code. But the copied Crafty code is ridiculous as to its extent...

That is even harder to discredit with me because I know Crafty better than _anyone_...

One day you will finally grasp the "big picture" and it really is an ugly one. Not the first time this has happened. Nor will it be the last. Shoot, we even have people copying copies of copies already. The thieves are stealing from each other at the moment. :) It is like a giant incest-fest...

User avatar
Romy
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 pm
Location: Bucharest (Romania)

Re: A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by Romy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:59 am

PauloSoare wrote:I also have disagreements with Dr. Rober Hyat on the subject Fruit-Rybka, but I also admire and respect Robert . Please respect this person, who is perhaps the greatest exponent of computer chess.
I agree and I have in minimum 3 posts explicit expressed the same respects to Prof.(Ass.) Hyatt.

Unless these have been deleted by rouge moderator (I see many of my posts to disappear for no reason, making my argument seem holey) you can find them in General and Programming Forums.

Even my post explaining to "Dann Corbit" that I do not truly suspect he can be "Jury Osipov" is deleted. I use that post to explain "proof" that Mr Corbit (innocent) is Osipov is as strong as case that Mr Rajlich (innocent) is stealer. I am saying, in both case there is no case. Still I am deleted.

BTW it is obvious to me for 2 year who truly is the Fake General "Jury Osipov". Consider how the present drama plays out. Now I had confirmation. Ask who is an Initiator/Instigator of the Anti-Rajlich Confederations and Letter-Writting Club (that person is not from Alabama or Russia steppes) and you find "Jury Osipov" directly without intermediary.

This person release Strelka with sole purpose to start Rajlich-Hunt. If you cannot read clearly, this person is himself a leading chessprogrammer (of course, not "bob", he is innocent, I sincerely to think he suspect something but is unsure).

You want a name? I give better than name. I have proof. My proof not rely on false belief that decompile is one-one or many-one function. My proof is PROOF.

When the "prosecution team" contain itself such a person, who is publisher of Strelka... you can say like did George Speight "Uh oh".

Now want more? You think this scandal stop here? Those who sign the ICGA letter, look closely at your co-signatories, maybe you can to deduct which of them is "Jury Osipov" from Tunguska. That the one most guilty is the finger-point specialist!

Here is prediction - unless the brake is applied, many who is inside the car will wish they make better check against who is their co-passenger.

The car has no driver except "Juri Osipov". Who does not exist.

Car moving fastly without driver, only one outcome possible.

EVEN SMART BABOON CAN MOVE OUT OF WAY and jump out of car. Remove name from letter.

bob
Posts: 20916
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Re: A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by bob » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:03 am

Damn, I am shaking in my boots now...

:)

What moronic babble...

The people on that letter are _known_, genius... You should research your babble before posting it...

User avatar
Romy
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 pm
Location: Bucharest (Romania)

Re: A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by Romy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:10 am

bob wrote:The only person with something to hide is Vas.
This can be preserve for posterities humour.

Someone involve in this has much more to hide than Mr Rajlich who mainly has his RYBKA tradesecrets to keep private ( not everyone is clever as Mr Houdart or Mr ____(4) ).

That someone with much more for hiding is "Jury Osipov", so-call author of STRELKA.

I ask you directly because you are "Honest Bob"--

Do you have a suspicion which of the ICGA letter-signers is "Uncle Jury"?

Or really, you did not realise? Then, you must to develop better your skills.

It can be an unpleasant surprise to the Wise Ones who signed the letter, who is the co-signatory, when it breaks after they did not to brake.

You were too clever to sign hit-letter, unless your only reason was so you can also be serve as Investigation Officer.


My proof who is "Jury Osipov" come in 3 parts.

Later.

bob
Posts: 20916
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Re: A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by bob » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:16 am

Romy wrote:
bob wrote:The only person with something to hide is Vas.
This can be preserve for posterities humour.

Someone involve in this has much more to hide than Mr Rajlich who mainly has his RYBKA tradesecrets to keep private ( not everyone is clever as Mr Houdart or Mr ____(4) ).

That someone with much more for hiding is "Jury Osipov", so-call author of STRELKA.

I ask you directly because you are "Honest Bob"--

Do you have a suspicion which of the ICGA letter-signers is "Uncle Jury"?

Or really, you did not realise? Then, you must to develop better your skills.

It can be an unpleasant surprise to the Wise Ones who signed the letter, who is the co-signatory, when it breaks after they did not to brake.

You were too clever to sign hit-letter, unless your only reason was so you can also be serve as Investigation Officer.


My proof who is "Jury Osipov" come in 3 parts.

Later.
I don't believe any of them are Osipov. He posts here from time to time. I didn't sign the letter because David had already asked me to help with the investigation, and it didn't make much sense to do so. However, I would certainly be willing to do so since I have believed the complaint was true for some 2 years now since this issue first surfaced. I am way more convinced today however, after having looked at all the Crafty code that was copied. Because for Crafty, all the code is one-for-one, no conversion to bitboards to cloud the comparison process... just direct comparison of C to asm which is not hard at all. If you know C and asm, that is.

I am not an "officer" by the way. Just someone with the technical expertise required to move the investigation along. The ICGA will provide judge, jury, and possibly "executioner", if they think it necessary.

User avatar
Romy
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 pm
Location: Bucharest (Romania)

Re: A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by Romy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:17 am

bob wrote:The people on that letter are _known_, genius.
Why you pretends to be Extra-Stupid?

Of course all signatories be Famous Ones. All known. Even in Bucharest to sweetheart Ruxy.

One of these same "Famous Ones" is also "Jury Osipov", who is a Fake identity created exclusively for the destruction of Mr Vrajlich. Mr Vrajlich's "crime" to be the chess destruction of their program.

Which is why Strelka was created, _genius_. No other reason.

Rest of drama play out slowly because the person behind "Jury Osipov" is not idiot or baboon.

For other, not bob, when attending Remedial Math (Calculus 101) show this above to Prof. and ask him explain you?

bob
Posts: 20916
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Re: A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by bob » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:21 am

Romy wrote:
bob wrote:The people on that letter are _known_, genius.
Why you pretends to be Extra-Stupid?

Of course all signatories be Famous Ones. All known. Even in Bucharest to sweetheart Ruxy.

One of these same "Famous Ones" is also "Jury Osipov", who is a Fake identity created exclusively for the destruction of Mr Vrajlich. Mr Vrajlich's "crime" to be the chess destruction of their program.

Which is why Strelka was created, _genius_. No other reason.

Rest of drama play out slowly because the person behind "Jury Osipov" is not idiot or baboon.

For other, not bob, when attending Remedial Math (Calculus 101) show this above to Prof. and ask him explain you?
First, the rybka issue is clear. Vas copied code. There are no possible explanations to justify this.

Second, offer proof of the identity of Osipov. Not that it matters one bit. Someone led to the discovery of a clearly dishonest act. Castigate him if you want. But it does _not_ invalidate the case against copying code as was done in Rybka...

So I am not sure what your point is. If Osipov reverse-engineered Rybka to expose the copying... good for him. It is pretty hard to be upset with someone that exposes a serious wrongdoing.

You can write a lot of words. With no significant content. How hard was it to develop that particular skill? Did it require a lot of practice? Or does it come naturally?

Post Reply