Rybka Cluster Rental

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Are you planning on using the Rybka Cluster?

Yes
5%
No
93%
Thinking about it
2%

Total votes: 84

Ant_Gugdin

Re: Rybka Cluster Rental

Post by Ant_Gugdin »

It needs to show its strength against a powerful computer run by a third party. The Rybka people have uploaded some games against R4 but there is a suggestion that they rigged the opening book.

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?tid=20497
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

For me and all decent people it's crystal clear that Vas for one like every accused individual is innocent until proven guilty in a court trial. Dont forget how we agreed on the Cases in The Hague.

The actual poll has a clear message:

Of 70 computerchess friends we have (only) half a dozen real chessplayers who would and could need the informations as state of the art coming from a Cluster Rybka.

A typical delusion of computerchess is that operating a machine program means knowing something about real chess. It's just not true. Ethically I would call all these pretenders cheaters but not those who have enough independance like Grah to understand what is real and what is just imagination or madness.

What is more disturbing for me, that you from a proud and strong nation of incredible willpower, prefer to believe in anonymous actors and outcasts than into a genial programmer from a whole family of superior intelligence like Vasik Rajlich.

Let me make it very clear. If the anonymous underground magicians would fight the Empire of Economical Evil as it was defined by Whittington with tongue in cheek, who meant Chessb___ but basically the approach of monopolistic power over human rights, I could get their logic but to deny even the fundamental human rights of Vas who is standing for the genius of Eastern Europe as such as a World Champion, demolishing his sports career and cynically forcing him into the issue of mere hardwarepower as if he were symbolizing Germany or the USA with its colonianism, all that can only be meant as a joke by you and your allies. - Slobo?! That cant be true, no? You cant ignore that the cluster issue is also the exit facing the furor of extinction. Slobo??
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
slobo

Post by slobo »

Rolf wrote:For me and all decent people it's crystal clear that Vas for one like every accused individual is innocent until proven guilty in a court trial.
We don´t know whether he is innocent or not because he is suspicious ("fishy") of violating the GPL licence.

Rolf wrote: The actual poll has a clear message:

Of 70 computerchess friends we have (only) half a dozen real chessplayers who would and could need the informations as state of the art coming from a Cluster Rybka.
In fact, we have half a dozen of "fishy" followers of the "Little Fish".
Rolf wrote: A typical delusion of computerchess is that operating a machine program means knowing something about real chess. It's just not true. Ethically I would call all these pretenders cheaters but not those who have enough independance like Grah to understand what is real and what is just imagination or madness.
Are promoting Graham to GM Graham Banks?
Rolf wrote: What is more disturbing for me, that you from a proud and strong nation of incredible willpower, prefer to believe in anonymous actors and outcasts than into a genial programmer from a whole family of superior intelligence like Vasik Rajlich.
Oh, yes. HGM said VR lies because he is not idiot. Indeed, he must have very superior intelligence.
"Well, I´m just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don´t let me be misunderstood."