Any summary of Fabien's open letter discussion?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jouni

Any summary of Fabien's open letter discussion?

Post by Jouni »

I won't read 700+ messages, but I have understand Rybka is derivate of Fruit. But what has this to do with Houdini? Any possibility to 1-3 sentence
abstract, please!

Jouni
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Re: Any summary of Fabien's open letter discussion?

Post by JuLieN »

Jouni wrote:I won't read 700+ messages, but I have understand Rybka is derivate of Fruit. But what has this to do with Houdini? Any possibility to 1-3 sentence
abstract, please!

Jouni
There are methods to summarize things. For instance, take example on Hugo and see how he masterfully managed to sum up the four first seasons of lost in 30 seconds :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j68irZ97MuI
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
fern

Post by fern »

Ok Jouni:

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

there you have it in ONE word the result of those 700 posts.
Any other conclkusion is like bizantine discussion about the number of angels sitting in the top of a pin.

fern (tempted to block the thread for good)
Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Post by Gian-Carlo Pascutto »

Unclear.
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Summary: Houdini is now allowed on ChessBase server PlayChess.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
gerold

Post by gerold »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:Summary: Houdini is now allowed on ChessBase server PlayChess.

Matthias.
And that is a very big step.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Jouni wrote:I won't read 700+ messages, but I have understand Rybka is derivate of Fruit. But what has this to do with Houdini? Any possibility to 1-3 sentence
abstract, please!

Jouni
[Dont blame me for the content if it doesnt please you.]

(1) (Rybka) Sober today because Fabien was away for 5 long years and missed a slight legal possibility at the time of R1beta, because we are based on a legal system that says innocence until proven guilty before a legal court.

(2) (clones) Uninteresting because Vas doesnt waste his lifetime on the subject of fraudy activities even if that caused him some harm, but obsessive care for that cancer would cause even more damage to your mind.

(3) (Houdini) Since Vas (for unknown period of time) has actually left the building of individual software support because this led only to more fraud on the market, he started a new business concept for elite chessplayers and all chess talents worldwide who can get support by the best existing hardware with 500+ cores with the best supported and tuned Rybka, while Houdini is also a very strong Rybka follower like Crafty, Stockfisch, Ivanhoe and Mc5, but without professional support and guarantee and all that more for the internet freaks and their endless hobby but without intentions to enter serious chess. :)

All the best to you who I still remember from the old days in usenet when we were talking about SSDF, Fritz and Rebel. Perhaps I can say goodbye to you because of my old age. I came here only by chance after I had seen a link about Fabien on a German webpage.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Karlo Bala
Full name: Karlo Balla

Post by Karlo Bala »

abstract, please!

Jouni
Summary: Longest thread ever ?! :lol:
Best Regards,
Karlo Balla Jr.
Osipov Jury

Post by Osipov Jury »

abstract, please!

Jouni
Summary:

Strelka is both a clone of Fruit and Rybka. Naturally, Vas saw in it a clone of Rybka (with some changes), and Fabien saw in it a clone of Fruit (also with some changes). But this does not mean that Rybka is a clone or derivative of Fruit. Although Rybka has a lot of matches with Fruit.

Houdini to this discussion is irrelevant.
I went through the Rybka code forwards and backwards and took many things.
gerold

Post by gerold »

Osipov Jury wrote:
abstract, please!

Jouni
Summary:

Strelka is both a clone of Fruit and Rybka. Naturally, Vas saw in it a clone of Rybka (with some changes), and Fabien saw in it a clone of Fruit (also with some changes). But this does not mean that Rybka is a clone or derivative of Fruit. Although Rybka has a lot of matches with Fruit.

Houdini to this discussion is irrelevant.
Where does Streka R-3e come from.

Best,
Gerold.