How does Mr. Rajlich know the Ippolit series is Rybka 3?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ant_Gugdin

Re: How does Mr. Rajlich know the Ippolit series is Rybka 3?

Post by Ant_Gugdin »

geots wrote:Interesting to know that i asked in private one of the most out outspoken against Vas, what proof he had. He actually told me, and im not making this up, that he knew it was true because Bob Hyatt said it was. :shock:
Well, that's what most of us are going on.

- Dr Hyatt and several others who have looked at the R1 executable in detail are all crying foul. And these guys aren't idiots, or amateurs, or people like Dr W. D. who might just throw accusations around.

- Nobody's providing any counter-arguments. Nobody is reviewing R1 and saying no, you guys are wrong. Everyone who looks at it seems to reach the same conclusion, i.e. that it is a rip-off. Vas himself makes no attempt to counter these claims

Which leads the ignorant masses (and I am one of their number) to reach a conclusion of "guilty." :)
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

K I Hyams wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:
lkaufman wrote:
wolfv wrote:Have you ever done any coding yourself? Are you a chess programmer?
I never went beyond FORTRAN and BASIC in my programming skills. I don't know much about programming per se, but I do know a lot about all the algorithms used in chess programs, some of which I came up with myself. The way I worked on Rybka was that Vas supplied a configuration file with all the parameters, and I just had to fill in the values and test them.
No one is saying you did. Ignore them.

It is often the way that belittlement is the best shot such people have.

I'd just ignore them Larry. You will only get one troll after another on your back if you entertain them.

Chris
Sounded like a legitimate question to me, Chris. Larry's words will carry more weight than those of most people on this site, because of his background. Consequently, defining the boundaries within which they carry weight can only be sensible.

I don't think that words like belittlement and troll were appropriate descriptors for the intentions that lay behind the Vidanovic post
His post was after mine Keith. I was not answering him or made any reference to him. I always have time for Djordje whether we agree or not.

:)

Chris
geots

Post by geots »

Ant_Gugdin wrote:
geots wrote:Interesting to know that i asked in private one of the most out outspoken against Vas, what proof he had. He actually told me, and im not making this up, that he knew it was true because Bob Hyatt said it was. :shock:

- Dr Hyatt and several others who have looked at the R1 executable in detail are all crying foul. And these guys aren't idiots, or amateurs, or people like Dr W. D. who might just throw accusations around.

- Nobody's providing any counter-arguments. Nobody is reviewing R1 and saying no, you guys are wrong. Everyone who looks at it seems to reach the same conclusion, i.e. that it is a rip-off. Vas himself makes no attempt to counter these claims

Which leads the ignorant masses (and I am one of their number) to reach a conclusion of "guilty." :)

Wrong big time. You werent here 2 years ago i guess. But at any rate Chris Witty and Bob went round and round- and for ever statement by Bob- whitty and 2 other top programmers basically refuted it well. It wasn't Bob who did it, butChris Witty caught 2 programmmers juggling around numbers on the material they had to make the code look like something it wasnt. Zach Wegner went on the Rybka forum and made 1post challenging Vas on on parts of the code or whatever he had. Vas answered and made Zach look like a fool. Zach left and didnt go back. Then Zach, pushed by Christophe of Chess Tiger- who by the way started all the nonsense- Zach said he was leaving for 2 weeks and when he came back he would have solid proof Rybka was illegal. We didnt see him for 6 weeks. When he came back, he didnt even mention it. I asked him where all the evidence he brought with him- and found out he came back with nothing. And I might add Whitty wasnt the only one- there were 4 programmers who felt the same way Whitty did. That it could all be refuted. Plus, one guy on the forum got 2 of the best arbitrators in the country who worked for some big company in Dallas and they came on the forum, and stayed only long enough to study the pros and cons of the arguments. They didnt have to know any code they said- but if it was brought before them and what they posted here was what they would argue in arbitration- they had better come with way better wording, and they wouldnt even accept one programmer who had already said even if Vas was found innocent, he was still guilty. They said that was about the one thing you would never say if you wanted to play a part in the decision. They talked to some of the posters and said it was close to 98% had no clue what they were even talking about. Their advice was to worry less about catching Vas and worry a shitload more about a lawsuit from Vas putting a select few into bankruptcy. They said you got to now when to hold em and when to fold em. Just a bit of 100% bit of true history that if you've a brain at all you will think before you post garbage. Remember i told you when the time comes if ever. And here is your words-Well, that's what most of us are going on, meaning what Bob said. You cant even think for yourself. You go get some proof yourself and quit leaning on someone else. That one statement you made that i psted above tells all i have been saying about follow the crowd simpletons. IM ashamed of your actions- but im sure you dont give a shit. If you want to answer this
thread you better come with something other than "what Bob said" I want proof you founf-not useless talk.
Ant_Gugdin

Post by Ant_Gugdin »

geots wrote:
Ant_Gugdin wrote:

Wrong big time. You werent here 2 years ago i guess. But at any rate Chris Witty and Bob went round and round- and for ever statement by Bob- whitty and 2 other top programmers basically refuted it well. It wasn't Bob who did it, butChris Witty caught 2 programmmers juggling around numbers on the material they had to make the code look like something it wasnt. Zach Wegner went on the Rybka forum and made 1post challenging Vas on on parts of the code or whatever he had. Vas answered and made Zach look like a fool. Zach left and didnt go back. Then Zach, pushed by Christophe of Chess Tiger- who by the way started all the nonsense- Zach said he was leaving for 2 weeks and when he came back he would have solid proof Rybka was illegal. We didnt see him for 6 weeks. When he came back, he didnt even mention it. I asked him where all the evidence he brought with him- and found out he came back with nothing. And I might add Whitty wasnt the only one- there were 4 programmers who felt the same way Whitty did. That it could all be refuted. Plus, one guy on the forum got 2 of the best arbitrators in the country who worked for some big company in Dallas and they came on the forum, and stayed only long enough to study the pros and cons of the arguments. They didnt have to know any code they said- but if it was brought before them and what they posted here was what they would argue in arbitration- they had better come with way better wording, and they wouldnt even accept one programmer who had already said even if Vas was found innocent, he was still guilty. They said that was about the one thing you would never say if you wanted to play a part in the decision. They talked to some of the posters and said it was close to 98% had no clue what they were even talking about. Their advice was to worry less about catching Vas and worry a shitload more about a lawsuit from Vas putting a select few into bankruptcy. They said you got to now when to hold em and when to fold em. Just a bit of 100% bit of true history that if you've a brain at all you will think before you post garbage. Remember i told you when the time comes if ever.
Hi George,

Could you post links to the following:

- Programmers juggling round numbers in order to mislead

- Vas making Zach look like a fool

- Posts by the five programmers stating that the accusations could be refuted

- Anything from the arbitrators although I'm not sure what value this would have as it appears they didn't review the code, only the presentation of the arguments.

I think this is necessary given that programmers who have reviewed the code and think R1 is innocent seem to be rather thin on the ground at the moment. If there is an alternative point of view, let's hear it.

Thanks
Milos

Post by Milos »

geots wrote:And i will tell you it is a fact that if you knew who i really was, and what i am capable of, you would never talk about me. Thats not a threat, its just a fact.
You are just a bitter old man with a damaged liver, same as Conkie.
Your threats are nothing but farts in the wind.
Christopher Conkie

Ant_Gugdin wrote:
geots wrote:
Ant_Gugdin wrote:

Wrong big time. You werent here 2 years ago i guess. But at any rate Chris Witty and Bob went round and round- and for ever statement by Bob- whitty and 2 other top programmers basically refuted it well. It wasn't Bob who did it, butChris Witty caught 2 programmmers juggling around numbers on the material they had to make the code look like something it wasnt. Zach Wegner went on the Rybka forum and made 1post challenging Vas on on parts of the code or whatever he had. Vas answered and made Zach look like a fool. Zach left and didnt go back. Then Zach, pushed by Christophe of Chess Tiger- who by the way started all the nonsense- Zach said he was leaving for 2 weeks and when he came back he would have solid proof Rybka was illegal. We didnt see him for 6 weeks. When he came back, he didnt even mention it. I asked him where all the evidence he brought with him- and found out he came back with nothing. And I might add Whitty wasnt the only one- there were 4 programmers who felt the same way Whitty did. That it could all be refuted. Plus, one guy on the forum got 2 of the best arbitrators in the country who worked for some big company in Dallas and they came on the forum, and stayed only long enough to study the pros and cons of the arguments. They didnt have to know any code they said- but if it was brought before them and what they posted here was what they would argue in arbitration- they had better come with way better wording, and they wouldnt even accept one programmer who had already said even if Vas was found innocent, he was still guilty. They said that was about the one thing you would never say if you wanted to play a part in the decision. They talked to some of the posters and said it was close to 98% had no clue what they were even talking about. Their advice was to worry less about catching Vas and worry a shitload more about a lawsuit from Vas putting a select few into bankruptcy. They said you got to now when to hold em and when to fold em. Just a bit of 100% bit of true history that if you've a brain at all you will think before you post garbage. Remember i told you when the time comes if ever.
Hi George,

- Anything from the arbitrators although I'm not sure what value this would have as it appears they didn't review the code, only the presentation of the arguments.

I think this is necessary given that programmers who have reviewed the code and think R1 is innocent seem to be rather thin on the ground at the moment. If there is an alternative point of view, let's hear it.

Thanks
Only if you tell him why you appeared out of nowhere on "Boxing Day" 2010 johnny boy......

Hahahaha.....

(sorry for the boot in the balls.....if you've got any.......friends right?)

LOL

Chris
Christopher Conkie

Milos wrote:
geots wrote:And i will tell you it is a fact that if you knew who i really was, and what i am capable of, you would never talk about me. Thats not a threat, its just a fact.
You are just a bitter old man with a damaged liver, same as Conkie.
Your threats are nothing but farts in the wind.
My damage is having to entertain impotent fools like you.

Only those who smell ignore their own stench........

What now? It's a chess forum. Silly me.......you don't know anything about chess. Look at it this way Milos......you are a very small microbe in your own goldfish bowl. I do admire your wee screams however.....

;)
geots

Post by geots »

Ant_Gugdin wrote:
geots wrote:
Ant_Gugdin wrote:

Hi George,

Thanks
Number 1- i dont have the time to go back and show you something that i already know to be true. Second- the programmers- and I mean top notch ones, only 1 or 2 wanted to get into the fray. They said they didnt have the time to argue with people who didnt know anything, but had a lynch mob mentality. They asked that their names not be mentioned. Besides Whitty, their were 2 others who did post- but for various reasons they may not want to go back to all that crap. But everyting else you brought up, it happened around a year and a half to 2 years ago. Im sure you can find it if they keep stuff that long ago. Trust me, everything i have told you is the gospel truth. I might do a lot of things- but I would not make up stuff and lie to you. If you can bring all that up, ehich should not be hard- you will even laugh at some of the nonsense. Whitty named the culprits juggling the figures if i remember correctly- and they could not deny it. Even Norman- the worst cloner I have ever seen, was leading the charge with them. I really hope you can find it, because you will laugh your ass off it was so pitiful. And you will come away with a different view- that you have to listen to both sides of something like this. And it will help you when you think about what you post. I have no doubt that you are a solid guy with good character. As i have seen no posts from you that were of the vicious type. You really do come away with thimpression that you really want to know the facts. Im not saying Vas is this or that or did this or that. I know nothing about codes- Ive just read a whole lot more from both sides than you have. I wish you all the best. Got to go now- wife calling and she holds the big end of the stick.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

geots wrote:Even Norman- the worst cloner I have ever seen, was leading the charge with them. I really hope you can find it, because you will laugh your ass off it was so pitiful.
That's how Bob came into the delusion of being the FBI too, because he said they worked always with criminal experts. He anwered my astonished quest with, well, Norm does at least know what he's talking about if he accuses Vas of copying and cloning. Hehe.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
geots

Post by geots »

Rolf wrote:
geots wrote:Even Norman- the worst cloner I have ever seen, was leading the charge with them. I really hope you can find it, because you will laugh your ass off it was so pitiful.
That's how Bob came into the delusion of being the FBI too, because he said they worked always with criminal experts. He anwered my astonished quest with, well, Norm does at least know what he's talking about if he accuses Vas of copying and cloning. Hehe.

I cant top that, Rolf. The best thread I have seen, and probably true. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: