How does Mr. Rajlich know the Ippolit series is Rybka 3?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Tom Barrister

How does Mr. Rajlich know the Ippolit series is Rybka 3?

Post by Tom Barrister »

According to Mr. Rajlich and company, The Ippolit series is or began as reverse-engineered Rybka 3.

Mr. Rajlich claims that he lost the source of Rybka 3.

Therefore, how does Mr. Rajlich know that the Ippolit series is or was reverse-engineered Rybka 3?

The only logical explanation is that he still had a copy of Rybka 3 source when he discovered that the Ippolit series was reverse-engineered Rybka 3.

Then after he made that discovery----and needing a copy of Rybka 3 source to help support any claims, lawsuits, or other actions against the Ippolit series or whoever else used same in the future for a perhaps commercial offering----he naturally lost all available copies of the Rybka 3 source.

If it were me, I would have saved copies to DVD, flash, an external hard drive or two, and possibly a few secure online sites, as well as possibly having other members of my programming team (if any) and/or trusted friends keep copies, all of the same being password-protected, of course (if such helps secure things).

But I suppose that the greatest programming mind on the planet, and a shrewd (if unscrupulous) businessman would be careless enough to lose every available copy of Rybka 3 source and not have any tucked away with trusted associates.
This production is being brought to you by Rybka: "The engine made from scratch.™"
kgburcham

Re: How does Mr. Rajlich know the Ippolit series is Rybka 3?

Post by kgburcham »

Tom Barrister wrote:According to Mr. Rajlich and company, The Ippolit series is or began as reverse-engineered Rybka 3.

the same people that believe this statement also believe this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQ ... re=related

and this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxeFMHyO ... re=related
some people are squeaky clean and some must tell the world "I am not a crook". Everyone must judge for himself.

Therefore, how does Mr. Rajlich know that the Ippolit series is or was reverse-engineered Rybka 3?
because of the amount of Fruit code he sees

The only logical explanation is that he still had a copy of Rybka 3 source when he discovered that the Ippolit series was reverse-engineered Rybka 3.
sure he did and does and always will

Then after he made that discovery----and needing a copy of Rybka 3 source to help support any claims, lawsuits, or other actions against the Ippolit series or whoever else used same in the future for a perhaps commercial offering----he naturally lost all available copies of the Rybka 3 source.
I also concluded this in the beginning

If it were me, I would have saved copies to DVD, flash, an external hard drive or two, and possibly a few secure online sites, as well as possibly having other members of my programming team (if any) and/or trusted friends keep copies, all of the same being password-protected, of course (if such helps secure things).
duh, which Vas did and still does

But I suppose that the greatest programming mind on the planet, and a shrewd (if unscrupulous) businessman would be careless enough to lose every available copy of Rybka 3 source and not have any tucked away with trusted associates.
playjunior

Post by playjunior »

Tom Barrister wrote:According to Mr. Rajlich and company, The Ippolit series is or began as reverse-engineered Rybka 3.

Barring the fact that "I lost all of the code because I never made a backup for a whole year" sound to me more unlikely than the story of some russian guy writing world-class chess engine using MSWord and their own invented language "b".

But assuming this is true, although he lost his code he, as an author, should and would remember it. The structure, tricks, specifics, ugly parts, nice parts, and so on. Not everything though: but if someone clones his code - looking at the clone, even without having the original, he would find out the fact of cloning.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

The jerk is lying....simple as that....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: The jerk is lying....simple as that....
Dr.D

Hello Dr. Deeb,

Ahem.

Later.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Roger Brown wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: The jerk is lying....simple as that....
Dr.D

Hello Dr. Deeb,

Ahem.

Later.
:oops:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
LaurenceChen

Post by LaurenceChen »

If Vas lost the code of Rybka 3, how was he able to write Rybka 4?
Find difficult to believe that Rybka 4 is rewritten from scratch... since from the Rybka forum... Vas mentioned that Rybka 4 was an update or improvement of Rybka 3... therefore, Vas had to have the code of Rybka 3.
Of course, he can claim that he lost the code after Rybka 4 was finished...
But, he always compare the code of Rykba 4 with the ippos to see if similarities exists...
According to the LAW a single person eye witness is not sufficient... in this case, just because Vas said Ippos are based on Rybka 3 is not evidence enough... and bearing false witness is condemned with stoning to death...
Wait, Vas doesn't follow the LAW... so guess that stoning is out of question...
geots

Post by geots »

I think the best thing to do about all this senseless shit is let a whole group of you form a lynch mob and and hang Vas from a tree. I have never seen so many people who dont ACTUALLY KNOW a damn thing about it get so stirred up. Im talking people who wouldnt know code from a rat turd. Well, i dont either. Difference is, I admit I couldnt have a clue about anything he has done with Rybka or any other program. As far as i can tell, he has the best program in the world. And he is my friend. When i left here 2 years ago, the forum was dominated by posts like this one. 2 years later, the first thing i see is people still bitching and griping about the same thing. All talk and no show.
geots

Post by geots »

And dont come at me with the same worn out chatter. I've read it all a hundred times. I dont want to see talk- I want action. Talk is cheap- show me some results. I already know you can talk the talk- that's easy. Show me some results from the talk. Let's see some action taken. Walk the walk.
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

I think way too much is made out of this "Vas lost R3 code". There were tons of different R3 iterations when it was in beta testing. Things were added and compiled out almost daily. He probably just didn't keep track of the pre compiled source of the released version. That doesn't mean he lost all the code, just that he probably lost track of which code was the release version.