Houdini can be too late to realise it is lost too...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

S.Taylor

Re: Houdini can be too late to realise it is lost too...

Post by S.Taylor »

Houdini wrote:Gerold, nothing's been decided yet, in about 6 to 9 months is probably a reasonable estimate.

Do you think that Rybka will make a stronger upgrade before then, that will be clearly above Houdini 1.05, and that Houdini 2.0, some time later, will just about get back its superiority again? (only to be overtaken by Rybka yet again?)

Or, might you manage to not let Rybka get too high for too long?

Your estimation? other opinions?
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

S.Taylor wrote:Do you think that Rybka will make a stronger upgrade before then, that will be clearly above Houdini 1.05, and that Houdini 2.0, some time later, will just about get back its superiority again? (only to be overtaken by Rybka yet again?)

I'm probably not the best placed person to talk about the future of Rybka. If Rybka 4.1 manages to reach or surpass the level of Houdini 1.5, all the better for its users and for the computer chess community.

The only certain thing is that it's not very easy to win 50 Elo points at the top level.

Robert
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

Houdini wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:Do you think that Rybka will make a stronger upgrade before then, that will be clearly above Houdini 1.05, and that Houdini 2.0, some time later, will just about get back its superiority again? (only to be overtaken by Rybka yet again?)

I'm probably not the best placed person to talk about the future of Rybka. If Rybka 4.1 manages to reach or surpass the level of Houdini 1.5, all the better for its users and for the computer chess community.

The only certain thing is that it's not very easy to win 50 Elo points at the top level.

Robert
It atleast looks like you got Rybka working!
ernest

Post by ernest »

S.Taylor wrote:Do you think that Rybka will make a stronger upgrade before then,
I think you are getting mentally deranged by the Egypt events... 8-)
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

ernest wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:Do you think that Rybka will make a stronger upgrade before then,
I think you are getting mentally deranged by the Egypt events... 8-)

I only HOPE, that the next Egyptian rulership will be as lawfull as Houdini.