Who I Look For in this Rybka Mess That I Trust the Most

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Who I Look For in this Rybka Mess That I Trust the Most

Post by geots »

I will put the 3 people's views I would respect the most. You can have your judges- I will take these 3. I would put Christopher Conkie, Jim Ablett and Dann Corbit together in a room as the jury. Give them 60 days to come back with a decision on Whether Vas violated GPL, whether he broke any laws, or was he ethical or not in anything he did concerning his program Rybka. Is he guilty of anything at all? When they come back and give me their verdict, either way I'm satisfied with their decision. I know they have no biases whatever, and they have the knowledge and character to deal with this probem to my satsifaction. And they have my respect. When they come back with a decision, no more ifs, ands or buts. I will have found out all I need to know, and the book will be closed.
geots

Re: Who I Look For in this Rybka Mess That I Trust the Most

Post by geots »

You three please get together and take care of this. Then for me the bell will have rung on the last round. There are people who are too biased and will never accept what they dont believe. That is of no interest to me. Any programmer who says he is guilty even if found innocent- I dont have the time for. Im putting my money on you 3.

All the Best,
Last edited by geots on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

My opinion is no better than anyone else's.

I am also not a legal expert. I could give my feelings and I could give my opinion. I could say whether I liked something or not. But without a legal basis, what value is that.

I see no way out of the black hole.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

I think we should simply let the FSF sue. It is what they exist for, and they should be expert at recognizing stolen source from binaries, or there would not be much point in them existing at all.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Dann Corbit wrote:My opinion is no better than anyone else's.

I am also not a legal expert. I could give my feelings and I could give my opinion. I could say whether I liked something or not. But without a legal basis, what value is that.

True. However, I do see a way out on an individual basis. One can choose to not entertain what one knows is wrong. Personal choice in other words.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

....unless the personality that created the black hole in the first place man up and speak the truth....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
geots

Post by geots »

You are too kind. Your opinions are far better than most, and I know you arent a lawyer. But in the end, even in a court of law, the judge asks you three to study code, tear it apart, study it, run a million games. whatever you have to do. You 3 would be the kind of people a judge would be looking for. Im betting their is no precedent or case law for a judge to go by. He will be glad to have you three judge this and get it over with. Im putting my money on you 3. Best,

Best,
geots

Post by geots »

Christopher Conkie wrote:

True. However, I do see a way out on an individual basis. One can choose to not entertain what one knows is wrong. Personal choice in other words.

Then do this for me Chris. If you are absolutely sure you can give me a verdict on the legal issues, GPL violations, or anything ethical or unethical he did, lets go over it. In other words, just pm me and break things down in a sort of laymans terms i can understand. Then it will be on an individual basis- between only you and me. But be 100% sure. I cant ask for better than that. (I know you 3 could do this- not a doubt in my mind. But i can understand also why you might not want this decision on your shoulders. I know its a really touchy situation.) But thats where you are at your best. Not a doubt in my mind. Hell, if you have a way to call me on the phone without it costing you much- do that. 318-728 6732. I know you have it anyway, because you already called me before raising heel about that postover on the Thinkers side. i.e., do it either way.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

geots wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:

Then do this for me Chris. If you are absolutely sure you can give me a verdict on the legal issues, GPL violations, or anything ethical or unethical he did, lets go over it. In other words, just pm me and break things down in a sort of laymans terms i can understand. Then it will be on an individual basis- between only you and me. But be 100% sure. I cant ask for better than that. (I know you 3 could do this- not a doubt in my mind. But i can understand also why you might not want this decision on your shoulders. I know its a really touchy situation.) But thats where you are at your best. Not a doubt in my mind.
I like Dann do not know the legal situation. Even then it would depend on which country. The concise distilled version is this.....

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 51&t=38007

Chris
bob

Post by bob »

geots wrote:I will put the 3 people's views I would respect the most. You can have your judges- I will take these 3. I would put Christopher Conkie, Jim Ablett and Dann Corbit together in a room as the jury. Give them 60 days to come back with a decision on Whether Vas violated GPL, whether he broke any laws, or was he ethical or not in anything he did concerning his program Rybka. Is he guilty of anything at all? When they come back and give me their verdict, either way I'm satisfied with their decision. I know they have no biases whatever, and they have the knowledge and character to deal with this probem to my satsifaction. And they have my respect. When they come back with a decision, no more ifs, ands or buts. I will have found out all I need to know, and the book will be closed.
I don't see how that can work. You need, at the very least, someone that is both an expert in assembly language programming for X86, and is also an expert in C programming. Because the challenge is going to be to take the Rybka binary and convert it into C so that it can be compared to Fruit...