Page 1 of 3

rybka 1.0 beta

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:55 pm
by jmartus
I wish people wouldn't hate rybka so much. I dont think computer chess would be where it is today if it wasn't for rybka 1.0 beta.

Re: rybka 1.0 beta

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:35 pm
by Dr.Wael Deeb
jmartus wrote:I wish people wouldn't hate rybka so much. I dont think computer chess would be where it is today if it wasn't for rybka 1.0 beta.
We don't hate Rybka,we hate it's author :lol:

Re: rybka 1.0 beta

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:13 pm
by PauloSoare
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
jmartus wrote:I wish people wouldn't hate rybka so much. I dont think computer chess would be where it is today if it wasn't for rybka 1.0 beta.
We don't hate Rybka,we hate it's author :lol:
I have no doubt about this. But hate is bad for your health, Dr. Wael.

Re: rybka 1.0 beta

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:41 pm
by Dr.Wael Deeb
PauloSoare wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
jmartus wrote:I wish people wouldn't hate rybka so much. I dont think computer chess would be where it is today if it wasn't for rybka 1.0 beta.
We don't hate Rybka,we hate it's author :lol:
I have no doubt about this. But hate is bad for your health, Dr. Wael.
Well,hate in general is a negative emotion,I do agree....but I make exception for Rybka's author,it charges me with positive energy :lol:

Re: rybka 1.0 beta

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:01 pm
by Tom Barrister
jmartus wrote:I wish people wouldn't hate rybka so much. I dont think computer chess would be where it is today if it wasn't for rybka 1.0 beta.
I think it would be better off if Mr. Rajlich and Rybka had never entered the market. Having a chess engine much higher than any other doesn't encourage competition, it stifles it. It gives commercial programmers little reason to compete, since few people will buy #2 when #1 is much stronger. It takes money out of their pockets and makes development less profitable----indeed, probably not worth their time.

Now it's becoming apparent that this supremacy came about by unfair means. This puts a bad taste in the mouths of other programmers, commercial and free alike. It discourages them from bothering, when their ideas are apt to be stolen and implemented without their permission, and the thief makes money off of this. It also sends the wrong message and encourages cheating by everybody else, if only to stay abreast of the original cheat.

Add to that the arrogance in which Mr. Rajlich and his legions of spin doctors and finger pointers try to paint a picture of innocence, while pointing fingers and trying to divert the issue, and it's not hard to understand why many people are very worked up about this.

Re: Oh-la-la !

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:29 am
by Sylwy
Tom Barrister wrote: I think it would be better off if Mr. Rajlich and Rybka had never entered the market.
:lol: .......LOL........... :lol:
Never ?
Why ?
No ghesefts in computer chess area ? No money for 5-15 ELO points increase (if) ? :lol: No money for a new (nice ) button on an old (from my youth :lol: ) GUI ?

Rybka was a revolution in computer chess.
Vas used the Fruit code ? Maybe ! But the result is a wonder.
From years nobody was able to do a such chess engine. And not because of their correctness.Does anybody knows which commercial is 100 % original ? :lol: Let me know please ! :roll:

Not clear for everybody here who dislikes Rybka ? :lol: . Publishing Deep Rybka -for free- on "that" forum was just a paroxysmal episode. And the affair was hushed up with a great speed..............

Have a nice day !
:roll: S :roll:

Here is the future Rybka 5. A galactic architecture. New functions ! A big ELO jump ! Love , hate ,envy ,money..............................

Image

Re: Oh-la-la !

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:02 pm
by Tom Barrister
Sylwy wrote: Vas used the Fruit code ? Maybe ! But the result is a wonder.

From years nobody was able to do a such chess engine. Publishing Deep Rybka -for free- on "that" forum
My nephew just asked me: "What kind of gay name is "Ruxy" anyway? It sounds like the name for a poodle."

If he (Mr. Rajlich) is such a great programmer, why does Rybka still have multiple bugs, almost 10 months after it was released, and even after a very belated bugfix update? Why are things still broken? We all know the answer to that one. It's hard to use somebody else's code, let alone the code of probably 20 others, and make it work. It requires skill. Apparently that's not one of Mr. Rajlich's talents.

If Rybka is so great, why does it suck bananas in the endings? Old Spike 1.2, which is ranked way down in most lists, took a lost 8 piece ending and drew it against Rybka---this at 40/40 time controls. The same position was reversed, and Spike won it easily.

Rybka being offered for free on some forum didn't help anybody with a clue who wanted it. It's been available on fileshares, torrents, and pirate sites since it came out, much the same as every other software is. My copy is paid for, although I never use it. There's nothing that I want it to do that Houdini, Stockfish, Critter, and others, don't do as well or better.

Re: Oh-la-la ! Tome 2 !

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:39 pm
by Sylwy
Tom Barrister wrote:
My nephew just asked me: "What kind of gay name is "Ruxy" anyway? It sounds like the name for a poodle."
Well Tom , Earth is a small planet !
My son just asked me-via e-mail: "What kind of gay name is "Tom" anyway? It sounds-in Romanian- like the name for a microscopic poodle." :lol:
To enlighten everybody :Ruxy is my nick-an anglicization of the name of an old Carpathian vampire.
Tom Barrister wrote: If he (Mr. Rajlich) is such a great programmer, why does Rybka still have multiple bugs, almost 10 months after it was released, and even after a very belated bugfix update? Why are things still broken? We all know the answer to that one. It's hard to use somebody else's code, let alone the code of probably 20 others, and make it work. It requires skill. Apparently that's not one of Mr. Rajlich's talents.

If Rybka is so great, why does it suck bananas in the endings? Old Spike 1.2, which is ranked way down in most lists, took a lost 8 piece ending and drew it against Rybka---this at 40/40 time controls. The same position was reversed, and Spike won it easily.
Well , well, well -Mr.Tom Barrister is for sure a programer ! Guess who ? :lol:
Fritzy (my great gay love :lol: ) still have bugs. A very old chess engine. Commercial ! Ask Miky please !
Tom Barrister wrote: My copy is paid for, although I never use it.
WOW , money for nothing ( a Dire Straits famous song) ?
Well , this is a true Gaius Cilnius Maecenas act ! Support for the young talents ! :roll:
Tom Barrister wrote: There's nothing that I want it to do that Houdini, Stockfish, Critter, and others, don't do as well or better.
It's an evolution law here (Darwin ,Spencer & co.). They show us that sons/daughters are -often-over the parents. What can we do ?

Regards !
Yours,
:roll: S :roll:

Re: Oh-la-la ! Tome 2 !

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:23 pm
by Tom Barrister
Sylwy wrote:blah blah baby-talk blah
Answer the question: If Mr. Rajlich is such a great programmer why does Rybka 4 still have multiple bugs, almost 10 months after it was released?

Nothing to say about it?

Didn't think so.

Re: Oh-la-la ! Tome 2 !

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:40 pm
by Sylwy
Tom Barrister wrote:
Sylwy wrote:blah blah baby-talk blah
Answer the question: If Mr. Rajlich is such a great programmer why does Rybka 4 still have multiple bugs, almost 10 months after it was released?

Nothing to say about it?

Didn't think so.
My friend,

I think Mr. Rajlich can better enlighten the community.
Otherwise ( he is a bad programmer) MIT has a big problem.
Near every WCCC title won by Rybka is a flag (take a look here:
http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/t ... php?id=173
http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/t ... php?id=178
http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/t ... php?id=192
http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/t ... php?id=209).
Proud or not -said Hamlet :lol: -to be the first on WCCC ?
A bad programmer ? I don't think so-yet !

Have a nice day !

:roll: S :roll: