When a great genius appears, dunces can be relied upon also.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
tomgdrums
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:48 am

Re: When a great genius appears, dunces can be relied upon a

Post by tomgdrums » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:55 pm

JuLieN wrote:Tom, should I have waved a "sarcasm" sign in my previous post, just like Leonard does from time to time to help sheldon understand irony? :lol:
Probably. :)

When you quoted Picasso I thought you were serious. :)

Sorry.

User avatar
JuLieN
Posts: 2948
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Nantes (France)
Contact:

Re: When a great genius appears, dunces can be relied upon a

Post by JuLieN » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:58 pm

tomgdrums wrote:
JuLieN wrote:Tom, should I have waved a "sarcasm" sign in my previous post, just like Leonard does from time to time to help sheldon understand irony? :lol:
Probably. :)

When you quoted Picasso I thought you were serious. :)

Sorry.
Ok, then! ;)

Image
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
Image [Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]

tomgdrums
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:48 am

Re: When a great genius appears, dunces can be relied upon a

Post by tomgdrums » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:01 pm

JuLieN wrote:
tomgdrums wrote:
JuLieN wrote:Tom, should I have waved a "sarcasm" sign in my previous post, just like Leonard does from time to time to help sheldon understand irony? :lol:
Probably. :)

When you quoted Picasso I thought you were serious. :)

Sorry.
Ok, then! ;)

Image
Awesome! :)

User avatar
JuLieN
Posts: 2948
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Nantes (France)
Contact:

Re: When a great genius appears, dunces can be relied upon a

Post by JuLieN » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:03 pm

"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
Image [Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]

User avatar
Romy
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 pm
Location: Bucharest (Romania)

Re: When a great genius appears, dunces can be relied upon a

Post by Romy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:05 pm

tomgdrums wrote:Did Vas just borrow Fruit's harmony and create his own melody OR did he use large parts of the melody as well?
Yes. No.

benstoker
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:05 am

Re: When a great genius appears, dunces can be relied upon a

Post by benstoker » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:08 pm

Robert Flesher wrote:
Romy wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:
Romy wrote:Condemn Rajlich, you condemn Shakespeare and Mozart too.
A thanks for the enlarged statement above, as I cannot remember when I laughed that hard for that long!
You are my guest.
In my language there is a saying, dogs bark, fools laugh, dunces confederate, but this suffers grievously on rendition in English.

Romy

You have no idea Carol, sometimes I bark, or when feeling especially vivacious I may even bite, but that is not to the point of the matter.

Your logic is flawed, and beyond reproach! Your logic seems to suggest that if someone steals a car, then installs an incredible revolutionary engine that runs on cow farts (methane) , this somehow justifies the theft? The problem is sometimes the thief gets caught and goes to prison, or in some places/states (Texas comes to mind) he is shot by the rightful owner. Capiche?
That's right. As long as it's nighttime, the moon shines, and the coyotes howl, I can shoot dead from my second story bedroom window some shadow I see in my driveway breaking into my car.

User avatar
Romy
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 pm
Location: Bucharest (Romania)

Re: When a great genius appears, dunces can be relied upon a

Post by Romy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:09 pm

benstoker wrote:you're overlooking something.
No.
Rap musicians must clear their sampling by getting prior authorization.
While of course you are much cleverer than I, relevance of the above factoid either to Mozart or to Mr Rajlich may be hard to establish.

Any samplings, permitting the analogy, was mental.

tomgdrums
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:48 am

Re: When a great genius appears, dunces can be relied upon a

Post by tomgdrums » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Romy wrote:
tomgdrums wrote:Did Vas just borrow Fruit's harmony and create his own melody OR did he use large parts of the melody as well?
Yes. No.
Very lucid answer showing the (lack of) strength in your argument.

User avatar
Romy
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 pm
Location: Bucharest (Romania)

Re: When a great genius appears, dunces can be relied upon a

Post by Romy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:15 pm

benstoker wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:You have no idea Carol, sometimes I bark, or when feeling especially vivacious I may even bite, but that is not to the point of the matter.
Your logic is flawed, and beyond reproach! Your logic seems to suggest that if someone steals a car, then installs an incredible revolutionary engine that runs on cow farts (methane) , this somehow justifies the theft? The problem is sometimes the thief gets caught and goes to prison, or in some places/states (Texas comes to mind) he is shot by the rightful owner. Capiche?
That's right. As long as it's nighttime, the moon shines, and the coyotes howl, I can shoot dead from my second story bedroom window some shadow I see in my driveway breaking into my car.
I cannot argue with conflaters of vivacious and vicious, or those who believe that saying my logic is "beyond reproach" is a reproach.

I can refrain, here there is no car, only an engine. The car is like the UI of chessbase or arena. The engine is the moot. So your counter-analogy is within reproach.

As to random shooting of innocents, as the incendiary last paragraph suggests. In this way the world lost the chupacabra to the cowboy-- http://elsuenoamericano.wordpress.com/2 ... hupacabra/

Let us be more 21st century, please.

User avatar
Romy
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 pm
Location: Bucharest (Romania)

Re: When a great genius appears, dunces can be relied upon a

Post by Romy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:21 pm

tomgdrums wrote:
Romy wrote:
tomgdrums wrote:Did Vas just borrow Fruit's harmony and create his own melody OR did he use large parts of the melody as well?
Yes. No.
Very lucid answer showing the (lack of) strength in your argument.
Can it be you confuse the divergence of my answer from your worldview, and its strength or lack?

Locked