* 2 minutes to make move and clear play area without penalty; five minutes results in forfeit of move and manual removal of robot
* A game is 10 legal moves on each side (in the interest of time)
* 3 forfeited moves forfeits the game
* Pieces must be placed completely within a legal square, and no other piece may be left in an illegal position. Violations may be corrected by a human referee with a point penalty.
Winner of this level has the highest score. Scoring criteria include:
* 150 points for each successful move within time allotment
* 10 deduction for each piece that must be repositioned by referee
* 25 points for each piece captured
Extra points are awarded for the following features:
* Verbally announcing each move
* Verbally announcing the opponent's move
* Detecting mis-placed pieces
Are there Extra Points for Castling?