Looking forward to Komodo MP

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Don

Re: Looking forward to Komodo MP

Post by Don »

Steve B wrote:
Don wrote:
fern wrote:That's me with Michelle Obama
I thought it was. You make a handsome couple :-)

Don
could have at least tied the tie all the way
Sheesh Regards
Steve
The way you dress is a statement, whether you want it be or not it says a lot about you. But interpreting what it means is the difficult part :-)

Often the loose tie means you are a "hands on guy", you have stuff to do. You are wearing a suit because it's expected but not by choice.

I have heard rumors that the traditional suit and tie may not be around in 5-10 years. Even for the top executives. That would suit me just fine (no pun intended.)
mhalstern

Post by mhalstern »

I agree.

I don't read or understand German. I have no interest in the magazine and am not going to pay international bank fees that exceed the cost of the product. I don't understand this distribution model. I think GCP used to distribute via Lokasoft which distributed via shareit.

GCP - If you reading this, I would love a copy of Sjeng ct 2010 and would like to support you directly. Set up a paypal account. Any distribution method would be better than the current one.
Don

Post by Don »

mhalstern wrote:I agree.

I don't read or understand German. I have no interest in the magazine and am not going to pay international bank fees that exceed the cost of the product. I don't understand this distribution model. I think GCP used to distribute via Lokasoft which distributed via shareit.

GCP - If you reading this, I would love a copy of Sjeng ct 2010 and would like to support you directly. Set up a paypal account. Any distribution method would be better than the current one.
There may be big advantage for GCP to do it that way - probably 99.9 percent of the chess program purchasing public is not a member of this forum.

When I marketed a palm go program I used PalmGear (or something like that) and they took a large percentage. I resented it, however, there was no other obvious way to reach so many different people.

It's likely that GCP has an agreement and cannot market the program any other way. They are in business too and want to take as much profit as they can reasonably get away with, while restricticing what you can do with your own product as much as possible so that it does not impact their profits. That's business. But they know their limits and stay within them enough that you are not very likely to find a better arrangement. (And you ARE buying something when you agree to this, such as visibility.)
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Cubeman wrote:
M ANSARI wrote:Don, that's Obama's wife not Obama :P Anyway look forward to the new release of Komodo. I very much like the static evaluation profile as it feels very accurate ... it would be interesting to have that evaluation profile with a fast MP executable. Could be a lethal combination!
I think you will find that Obama is the surname, so it is actually Obama.
Ah ok, I guess there the woman picks up her husbands last name ... here she gets to keep her original name even after marriage :D
Don

Post by Don »

M ANSARI wrote:
Cubeman wrote:
M ANSARI wrote:Don, that's Obama's wife not Obama :P Anyway look forward to the new release of Komodo. I very much like the static evaluation profile as it feels very accurate ... it would be interesting to have that evaluation profile with a fast MP executable. Could be a lethal combination!
I think you will find that Obama is the surname, so it is actually Obama.
Ah ok, I guess there the woman picks up her husbands last name ... here she gets to keep her original name even after marriage :D
It's a mater of culture and tradition, but did you expect an American president to adapt the conventions of some other culture? You sound almost like a typical American, being generally oblivious to everyone else's cultures but your own :-) We Americans don't even follow the rules of others when it's stupid and ridiculous not to (such as not adapting the far superior metric system.)

There are some countries where a name is chosen and it's not necessarily based on either parent. I know a big family like that and it's very confusing. One has the same last name as the father, but the others have (last) names that appear random. I have never asked, but the oldest son has the same last name as his father so I cannot help but wonder if that is the tradition. (Being the firstborn son is a big deal in many cultures.)
fern

Post by fern »

The reason for the almost untied thing is more simple than a statement about me. The shirt was a size less that it should so I could not button it in my neck.
No money for new clothes regards...
Fern
fern

Post by fern »

Simple: I was invited to the dinner given to the Obamas in the presidential palace, here in Chile.

Fern
Don

Post by Don »

fern wrote:The reason for the almost untied thing is more simple than a statement about me. The shirt was a size less that it should so I could not button it in my neck.
No money for new clothes regards...
Fern
I have a dress shirt that is missing the top button that I don't use for occasions that are too serious, but when I wear a tie I pull the tie as snug as I can and you cannot tell their is a missing button!

So I'm not new to wardrobe trickery!

Don
Don

Post by Don »

fern wrote:Simple: I was invited to the dinner given to the Obamas in the presidential palace, here in Chile.

Fern
I almost forgot, did you remember to ask Barack what name I should give to my chess program?

Don
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

Ok, but a writer who is photographed next to the first american lady,
do not need to make predictions :lol: