playchess sysops/official complaints

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: playchess sysops/official complaints

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

poisonedpawn wrote:so tell me what is fun about having slanderous lies spoken about me in public?
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
M ANSARI wrote:I think you put way too much importance to Playchess. Surely you can put your efforts into something much more fruitful. My advice if you go to Playchess ... play some games, turn off chat ... and have fun.
Totally agreed here....letting yourself sucked into a world of negative emotions will take all the fun away....
Dr.D
Turn the chat off....easy....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
poisonedpawn

Post by poisonedpawn »

this was in general chat for all to see, that is my point. not in my personal chat window. and it was not from any other user it was a sysop, i do not pay good money for that sort of nonsense. if i walked into a store and was told something similar i shud expect some action to be taken...no?
or do we now live an age where it is considered normal/ok to insult/lie about paying customers?
the geeks shall inherit the earth
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

poisonedpawn wrote:this was in general chat for all to see, that is my point. not in my personal chat window. and it was not from any other user it was a sysop, i do not pay good money for that sort of nonsense. if i walked into a store and was told something similar i shud expect some action to be taken...no?
or do we now live an age where it is considered normal/ok to insult/lie about paying customers?
Aha,I see....now I understand your frustration....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
lmader

Post by lmader »

poisonedpawn wrote:the exact chat was - other user 'i dont like arabs'...me, 'no me neither
So you were basically having a conversation where you held forth with the fact that you don't like Arabs? And now you're surprised that you're experiencing some backlash? Do you understand the racist nature of a comment like that, and why there is a great deal of sensitivity to that kind message?

It is of course true that you do have the right to be a bigot. But it seems that you think that you can say things like that without consequences on a commercial forum. In the US, you have the right to express your opinions in public. But commercial entities are allowed to set their own rules, and many do not tolerate bigotry. It sounds to me like you just caught the business end of a sysop that didn't find it too agreeable. I don't either.

Do you know the old expression, "Methinks thou doth protest too much?" It means that sometimes people make a lot of noise being defensive about something because it is uncomfortably close to the truth.

Just sayin...
"The foundation of morality is to have done, once for all, with lying; to give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibilities of knowledge." - T. H. Huxley
Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

Hi, I had the same experience and complained to Chessbase directly. They then sent my email to the admin I was having the problem with??!! In other words, Playchess.com is a joke and the admins are idiots. I then went back to ICC where I never had a problem before I left to join Playchess.com and still have not had a problem.

Cordially,

Sean
poisonedpawn wrote:hi,
does anybody happen to know where i make an official complaint about the service i have been met with at playchess, or by a particular sysop to be more exact. i have made a complaint to CB themselves but been met by closed ranks and simply being ignored. my countless emails have so far resulted in one automated reply that meant absolutely nothing and in no way dealt with my complaint. surely there must be some official body that deals with online servers and shoddy service.
i know one thing, icc will be getting my money in future.