People who detected several clones in the pat not even asked

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Michael Diosi
Posts: 672
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:37 am

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Michael Diosi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi,

Did you look how much Arena improved since then ? Maybe they don't agree with statements like this and don't think this was just an "accident" but done on purpose ? Maybe Martin liked the way the illegal hosting and copyright infringement with the latest interview and some others before was dealt by Chris and me.


Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com

Gerd Isenberg
Posts: 2110
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:47 pm
Location: Hattingen, Germany

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Gerd Isenberg » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:56 pm

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

Did you look how much Arena improved since then ? Maybe they don't agree with statements like this and don't think this was just an "accident" but done on purpose ? Maybe Martin liked the way the illegal hosting and copyright infringement with the latest interview and some others before was dealt by Chris and me.


Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
I don't read each of your posts. But the few I read recently were full of false implications, wining, accusations, not to mention ChessBase bashing, and how bad other interfaces are, which in fact somehow weakens your fight versus illegal hosting and copyright infringement. Each His Own for a Gui where personal taste matters is perfectly OK. On the first glance I like Arena more than the mainframe less Winboard window conglomerat. Phrases in different languages may have different meaning, specially if stigmatized in some countries, for instance "collaboration".

User avatar
Romy
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 pm
Location: Bucharest (Romania)

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Romy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:14 am

Michael Diosi wrote:You might wonder why...
Why need to wonder? Reason be plain obvious for all.
In the mean time one person involved in the current Rybka issue is known to have presented false accusations in other issues in the past
But of those with associativity to Hiarcs, he is not the biggest criminal!

Terry McCracken
Posts: 15798
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:16 am
Location: Canada

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Terry McCracken » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:32 am

Romy wrote:
Michael Diosi wrote:You might wonder why...
Why need to wonder? Reason be plain obvious for all.
In the mean time one person involved in the current Rybka issue is known to have presented false accusations in other issues in the past
But of those with associativity to Hiarcs, he is not the biggest criminal!
You're right, Muddy Mudskipper you are.
Terry McCracken

User avatar
geots
Posts: 4790
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:42 pm

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by geots » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:30 am

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,


Patriot, Fafis, Oxygen, xyClops and several others were not even asked to take a look in the Rybka issue. You might wonder why...

In the mean time one person involved in the current Rybka issue is known to have presented false accusations in other issues in the past:
News item 189 on the Arena page...

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com

Michael, look. If it were me, I would actually go ahead and get it over with and hope I could talk Vas and Chessbase into accepting my apology. Never would I try to hang on with this and have the shirt sued off my back.

Best,

GTS

Terry McCracken
Posts: 15798
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:16 am
Location: Canada

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Terry McCracken » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:32 am

geots wrote:
Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,


Patriot, Fafis, Oxygen, xyClops and several others were not even asked to take a look in the Rybka issue. You might wonder why...

In the mean time one person involved in the current Rybka issue is known to have presented false accusations in other issues in the past:
News item 189 on the Arena page...

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com

Michael, look. If it were me, I would actually go ahead and get it over with and hope I could talk Vas and Chessbase into accepting my apology. Never would I try to hang on with this and have the shirt sued off my back.

Best,

GTS
You're a vile troll. That or you lost your grip on reality.
Terry McCracken

User avatar
Michael Diosi
Posts: 672
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:37 am

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Michael Diosi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:01 am

Hi,


Get your facts right. You know you should write a mail, Chris told you.
If they want it fixed it better they write a mail as we don't check here all the time. If they don't care to write mail why should we check all fora for bug reports ?

What a nice vocabulary, do your boys use it already ? Nice pics of them by the way...


Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com

User avatar
hgm
Posts: 22632
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:06 am
Location: Amsterdam
Full name: H G Muller
Contact:

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by hgm » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:53 am

Gerd Isenberg wrote:On the first glance I like Arena more than the mainframe less Winboard window conglomerat.
That is perfectly fine. All users have their own preferences, and are best served by a wide choice of different interfaces. If WinBoard were merely a reliably working Arena look-alike, what point would it have for Arena to exist? Users would lose by not having a real choice anymore.

The flexible window arrangement of WinBoard makes it rather unique among Chess interfaces, and I think it is a good thing that people that value this flexibility have the opportunity to obtain it. I now I value it, because I usually run multiple games / tournaments in parallel, and can tile the windows as the occasion requires. Even if WinBoard would be seen as a specialist GUI for applications requiring concurrency, I don't think there would be anything against that.

Post Reply