ICGA Rybka Hearing Redone Because ChrisW Banned?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Whether The ICGA Investigation Should Be Started Over Again

Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes: 69

bob

Re: ICGA Rybka Hearing Redone Because ChrisW Banned?

Post by bob »

What, exactly, is wrong with it???
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Adam Hair wrote:
Steve B wrote:This results in this poll just might be the most lopsided for any poll ever posted here
first time i can remember that 9 out of every 10 members actually agreed on something

Quite Telling Regards
Steve
As I predicted, this forum starting to go downhill.

Thanks Steve :evil:
Are you happy?
Actually it is comforting to see most CCC members in blissful agreement
i almost feel like starting a sing-along of Kumbaya

anyway i imagine the same exact poll run in the Rybka forum would get 100% of the exact opposite results..sad as that fact might be
probably the only forum on the net that would have the exact opposite results

Den O Fools Regards
Steve
CatPower

Post by CatPower »

Steve B wrote:anyway i imagine the same exact poll run in the Rybka forum would get 100% of the exact opposite results..
I doubt it, but the reasons would be 100% opposite.
bob

Post by bob »

Steve B wrote:
Adam Hair wrote:
Steve B wrote:This results in this poll just might be the most lopsided for any poll ever posted here
first time i can remember that 9 out of every 10 members actually agreed on something

Quite Telling Regards
Steve

Are you happy?

anyway i imagine the same exact poll run in the Rybka forum would get 100% of the exact opposite results..sad as that fact might be

Den O Fools Regards
Steve
There are some sensible people over there. But there are a few whackos that just don't get the problem with non-original programming. And they can't see beyond their own tiny world view to imagine that another type of group (chess authors that compete) might feel a bit differently about things than they do.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

CatPower wrote:
Steve B wrote:anyway i imagine the same exact poll run in the Rybka forum would get 100% of the exact opposite results..
I doubt it, but the reasons would be 100% opposite.
yes that seems reasonable
one votes no( the opposite of yes) for opposite reasons
the question is ..would those reasons be reasonable
i vote ...
No Regards
Steve
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

bob wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Adam Hair wrote:

Quite Telling Regards
Steve

Are you happy?

Den O Fools Regards
Steve
There are some sensible people over there. But there are a few whackos that just don't get the problem with non-original programming. And they can't see beyond their own tiny world view to imagine that another type of group (chess authors that compete) might feel a bit differently about things than they do.
Some how im betting that even the whackos grasped the non-original programming concept when Rajlich called Strelka his own
they probably experienced no great angst over that issue
anyway...he broke the ICGA rules..WC titles were stripped.. period..done..end of Story..have a nice day
now they need to focus on the future ..personally i think its time they moved on ....vacated the forum..perhaps have an Open House (pun intended) and sell off any furniture ,lighting fixtures .etcetc
we would of course welcome all of them here with

Open Arms Regards
Steve
P.S. another Pun Intended
geots

Post by geots »

Steve B wrote:
bob wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Adam Hair wrote:

Quite Telling Regards
Steve

Are you happy?

Den O Fools Regards
Steve
Some how im betting that even the whackos grasped the non-original programming concept when Rajlich called Strelka his own
anyway...he broke the ICGA rules..WC titles were stripped.. period..done..end of Story..have a nice day
now they need to focus on the future ..personally i think its time they moved on ....vacated the forum..perhaps have an Open House (pun intended) and sell off any furniture ,lighting fixtures .etcetc

Open Arms Regards
Steve

Steve, you are way too smart for this. I also voted "no", for the simple reason i don't want to see it done over again with Jesus Christ and Chris on the panel. It should have never been done in the first place. One f--k up is better than 2. I know at least a dozen who reasoned it out the same way i did. Hard to believe you completely missed it.

Letting the Dead Horse Rest Regards,

GTS

Don't feel bad. I often draw a blank myself. :D
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

Steve B wrote: we would of course welcome all of them here with
I assume that was said tongue in cheek. To quote Ansari, who was referring to something else at the time, "If they want to spend all day in a church, then that is the best place for them". CCC is not a church and for many of us here, they would have a bad effect on the signal/noise ratio.

Jeremy might welcome them on OpenChess. Either way, perhaps God would send them to rec.games.chess.computer.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

geots wrote:
Steve B wrote:
bob wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Adam Hair wrote:

Quite Telling Regards
Steve

Are you happy?

Den O Fools Regards
Steve

Open Arms Regards
Steve

Steve, you are way too smart for this. I also voted "no", for the simple reason i don't want to see it done over again with Jesus Christ and Chris on the panel. It should have never been done in the first place. One f--k up is better than 2. I know at least a dozen who reasoned it out the same way i did. Hard to believe you completely missed it.

Letting the Dead Horse Rest Regards,

GTS

Don't feel bad. I often draw a blank myself. :D
Thanks for the underhanded compliment George
these days i take whatever compliments that come along..im not too choosy
:P

why not run the poll on Rybka and lets us know the results?
would be interesting to see if you have a super majority for "YES"

9:1 Regards
Steve
geots

Post by geots »

Steve B wrote:
bob wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Adam Hair wrote:

Quite Telling Regards
Steve

Are you happy?

Den O Fools Regards
Steve

Open Arms Regards
Steve

On second thought, I might go ahead and agree for the do over with Jesus Christ and Chris, if you just talk Fern and Rolf into joining them on it.

Riding the Dead Horse Once More Before Nite-Nite,

GTS :lol: