Is there a SCID_vs_PC forum?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ponti

Is there a SCID_vs_PC forum?

Post by Ponti »

I`d like to know if it is possible (and how to do it) to change the colors of FICS window, and if it is possible to use timeseal, running SCID_vs_PC 4.4.1, Macbook with OS X Snow Leopard.
A. Ponti
AMD Ryzen 1800x, Windows 10.
FIDE current ratings: standard 1913, rapid 1931
stevenaaus

Re: Is there a SCID_vs_PC forum?

Post by stevenaaus »

Ponti wrote:I`d like to know if it is possible (and how to do it) to change the colors of FICS window, and if it is possible to use timeseal, running SCID_vs_PC 4.4.1, Macbook with OS X Snow Leopard.
I've recently started the Scid vs. PC mailing list, so please subscribe :)
We're going to make a 4.5 release shortly - but there's some beta universal binaries here. They should be a big improvement on the previous OSX app.
Re timeseal - it is not open source, and i'm unsure about it's status on OSX.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

There is an open-source version of timeseal called OpenSeal. And don't FICS and ICC distibrute Mac binaries of their own versions of timeseal and timestamp?

The XBoard installer package for Mac does seem to contain timeseal and timestamp. ( http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/viewt ... 19&t=50428 ). They must have come from somewhere...
pocopito

Post by pocopito »

Hi stevenaaus

A couple of days ago I was about to send an email to this list, but I changed my mind when I saw it had no messages at all. I kind of thought it had never been used at all. Now I realise it¡'s just too young, so I've finally sent a message to the list.

Thanks for the info!
stevenaaus

Post by stevenaaus »

Ponti wrote:I`d like to know if it is possible (and how to do it) to change the colors of FICS window
Sorry - it's not configurable via the gui yet... Hmmm.
But just change these lines in the tcl file ("scid" or "scid.gui").
set ::fics::consolebg grey35
set ::fics::consolefg LimeGreen
and if it is possible to use timeseal, running SCID_vs_PC 4.4.1, Macbook with OS X Snow Leopard.
Hmmm... there appears one here
http://www.freechess.org/Download/timeseal_MACOSX

@HGM Re openseal... it certainly connects to FICs, but i'm doubtful whether it has the same functionality. Timeseal requires two ports on the command line, while openseal takes one. I had a go at making Scid work with it, without joy. It's a few years old too, and apparently abandoned.
slobo

Post by slobo »

stevenaaus wrote:
Ponti wrote:I`d like to know if it is possible (and how to do it) to change the colors of FICS window, and if it is possible to use timeseal, running SCID_vs_PC 4.4.1, Macbook with OS X Snow Leopard.
I've recently started the Scid vs. PC mailing list, so please subscribe :)
We're going to make a 4.5 release shortly - but there's some beta universal binaries here. They should be a big improvement on the previous OSX app.
Re timeseal - it is not open source, and i'm unsure about it's status on OSX.
Hi Steven,

PGN windows scrolling bar is working fine.
Thanks.
"Well, I´m just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don´t let me be misunderstood."
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

stevenaaus wrote:@HGM Re openseal... it certainly connects to FICs, but i'm doubtful whether it has the same functionality. Timeseal requires two ports on the command line, while openseal takes one. I had a go at making Scid work with it, without joy. It's a few years old too, and apparently abandoned.
Well, I don't know much about it, but with WinBoard we now distribute a version of timeseal that was fixed for a bug (making it crash when it received a character outside the range 0-127, I believe) by Tim Mann, last year or so. He must have had the source to do that.