Code comparison with Rybka, Houdini, then Chiron

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kgburcham

Code comparison with Rybka, Houdini, then Chiron

Post by kgburcham »

Several have compared Rybka code to Fruit/Crafty.
Ippolit, Robbo code to Rybka.
Houdini code to Robbo.
Of course now it is time to compare Chiron code and see if it has any dirty nasty code.
Now if Chiron is rated 2000 to 2400 then who cares but if Chiron is rated 3000 then it also needs to be compared just like the others.
All programs from here on out should be code compared if they are 3000 in strength and took a big jump in elo.
The guys that are comparing code must continue with any future program that is strong or takes a big jump in elo.
Some are saying the FBI/ATF are coming to my house because I bought Houdini so someone check Chiron. If Chiron is clean, then I will take Chiron to jail with me when they send me to jail for buying Houdini.

Of course I have destroyed all of my programs, all, except BamBam and Chessmaster 4000 but I am now worried about the Chessmaster versions.

kgburcham
Thomas Mayer

Re: Code comparison with Rybka, Houdini, then Chiron

Post by Thomas Mayer »

kgburcham wrote:Several have compared Rybka code to Fruit/Crafty.
Houdini code to Robbo.
Of course now it is time to compare Chiron code and see if it has any dirty nasty code.
Now if Chiron is rated 2000 to 2400 then who cares but if Chiron is rated 3000 then it also needs to be compared just like the others.
All programs from here on out should be code compared if they are 3000 in strength and took a big jump in elo.
The guys that are comparing code must continue with any future program that is strong or takes a big jump in elo.
Some are saying the FBI/ATF are coming to my house because I bought Houdini so someone check Chiron. If Chiron is clean, then I will take Chiron to jail with me when they send me to jail for buying Houdini.

Of course I have destroyed all of my programs, all, except BamBam and Chessmaster 4000 but I am now worried about the Chessmaster versions.

kgburcham
comparing is hell a lot of work especially when done on executeable basis. So it's only done when there is a lot of suspicion. Show to the public your well grounded suspicion about Chiron and it will be checked, be sure. But so far I haven't seen anything that looks suspicious. Believe me, almost all engines are checked. The discussion that is visible here in our forum is just about those engines that look suspicious. For the moment all others look clean.

Greets, Thomas
Hood

Post by Hood »

It shall be done to Junior, Fritz, Hiarcs etc. ?
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
Thomas Mayer

Post by Thomas Mayer »

Hood wrote:It shall be done to Junior, Fritz, Hiarcs etc. ?
if you can present clear indications that the above mentioned programs are clones of XY it will be done for sure, at least when they start at the next major programmers tournament. For the moment to my knowledge no such indications exist. They are no clone of anything, they are original, currently no reason to compare them to anything.

Greets, Thomas
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Mamma mia!

Post by Sylwy »

kgburcham wrote:
Of course I have destroyed all of my programs, all, except BamBam ..............
kgburcham

Hi man !

:shock: Just heard BamBam has some code lines from Shannon - which engine has some code from Turing - which is cousin with.................. :lol:
8-) Criminal law case , of course ! 8-)

Your advocate , judge & convict,
SilvianR
Hood

Post by Hood »

1.For the long time nobody knew that Rybka is clone.

2. The Ippo family was published as open source, are you sure that commercial programs have not copied solutions from it ?

Every next claim that sth is clone of sth is increasing an atmosphere of
suspicions.

It willbe healthy to clean that by checking top programs as a standard procedure not as a result of someones claim, post.

That is all.

Rgds
Hood
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Hood wrote:........It will be healthy to clean that by checking top programs as a standard procedure not as a result of someones claim..........
Rgds
Hood
Agreed as that would give the impression of impartiality.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Thomas Mayer wrote:
kgburcham wrote:Several have compared Rybka code to Fruit/Crafty.
Houdini code to Robbo.

kgburcham
comparing is hell a lot of work especially when done on executeable basis. So it's only done when there is a lot of suspicion. Show to the public your well grounded suspicion about Chiron and it will be checked, be sure. But so far I haven't seen anything that looks suspicious. Believe me, almost all engines are checked. The discussion that is visible here in our forum is just about those engines that look suspicious. For the moment all others look clean.

Greets, Thomas
At this moment in time we are checking (in Scotland) to see whether the Spanish side is really Barcelona (but disguised as Spain). We are of the opinion that it is really Catalonia under a shirt without blue stripes.

Our investigations into this obviously misleading and scandalous affair continue. Until then we must put the "Is someone called Gomez really German?" and the "Does England really have that many black people?" investigations on hold.

We want to be sure after all, that we are not being fooled because we are north of the Watford gap........

We will keep you all informed on such luminaries called Ozil. I can feel a doner kebab (large please) coming on, as it maybe a late night session and everyone needs fast food when they know no different......

Speaking of that, we will be asking our advisor (Marvin Ogunjimi - Striker) to keep things in the open. We never like to be in the darkest places be it Africa or near Brussels...... I am sure he can guide us as to how true identity is known.

The real question although is one that has troubled many....and that is.....

Is the Pope a Catholic?

We can't have anyone making a Turkey out of us after all.....

:)

Chris

(PS No, I don't think the little shit will answer either Thomas but the next few months will be interesting when his telescope gets stuffed up his backside. I wonder if we will see more shit there as well?..... Probably......)

:)
Last edited by Christopher Conkie on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Hood wrote:...
It willbe healthy to clean that by checking top programs as a standard procedure not as a result of someones claim, post.

That is all.

Rgds
Hood

Due to the immense amount of work involved, you only check whether there is shit inside if you can smell it outside.

My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Hood wrote:...

That is all.

Rgds
Hood

Due to the immense amount of work involved, you only check whether there is shit inside if you can smell it outside.

I favour my new telescopic method.

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 57&t=40734

We have to keep our distance when shit is concerned.

;)

Chris