Well, I Will Not...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Well, I Will Not...

Post by fern »

...purchase Fritz 13. Looking carefully to the ads coming today at my mail about the new function, Let's check, I see clearly it is aimed to real chess player that are all the time looking for that lovely utopia, "to improve my game", and/or examining alien games just to know about the last novelty and so and so.
Nothing of all that is useful to me. I do not remember a day when I had gone to the database of old Fritz to look for something. I have no hope to improve my game, I do not intend to expend time doing so, I have no as a goal to win more games, I do not go to tournaments, I just want some fun.
For that it is more useful to me certain shareware programs over there in which a lady take off her clothes as the game go on.
No, I will stay with Fritz 12 and in fact I should have stayed at easy with fritz 4 or 5.

Bye bye chessbase.

Fern
mwyoung

Re: Well, I Will Not...

Post by mwyoung »

fern wrote:...purchase Fritz 13. Looking carefully to the ads coming today at my mail about the new function, Let's check, I see clearly it is aimed to real chess player that are all the time looking for that lovely utopia, "to improve my game", and/or examining alien games just to know about the last novelty and so and so.
Nothing of all that is useful to me. I do not remember a day when I had gone to the database of old Fritz to look for something. I have no hope to improve my game, I do not intend to expend time doing so, I have no as a goal to win more games, I do not go to tournaments, I just want some fun.
For that it is more useful to me certain shareware programs over there in which a lady take off her clothes as the game go on.
No, I will stay with Fritz 12 and in fact I should have stayed at easy with fritz 4 or 5.

Bye bye chessbase.

Fern
I will buy Fritz 13, but I will not wait and buy the deep version, deep fritz 13 this time. Since almost no one uses the Fritz engine anymore. No need to pay twice the price for the deep version. I just want the updated GUI and the 6 month playchess service.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

mwyoung wrote:
fern wrote:...purchase Fritz 13. Looking carefully to the ads coming today at my mail about the new function, Let's check, I see clearly it is aimed to real chess player that are all the time looking for that lovely utopia, "to improve my game", and/or examining alien games just to know about the last novelty and so and so.

Bye bye chessbase.

Fern
I will buy Fritz 13, but I will not wait and buy the deep version, deep fritz 13 this time. Since almost no one uses the Fritz engine anymore. No need to pay twice the price for the deep version. I just want the updated GUI and the 6 month playchess service.
If anyone were to ask me for my advice, I'd recommend the same, and for the exact same reasons.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Albert Silver wrote:
mwyoung wrote:

Bye bye chessbase.

Fern
If anyone were to ask me for my advice, I'd recommend the same, and for the exact same reasons.
I have Fritz 13 GUI now. It is the best yet. A must have! The Let's Check features are a blast. I have not found any problems yet with the GUI, as I have been too busy playing with the let's check features. :)
David Dahlem

Post by David Dahlem »

I would buy a Fritz 13 UCI engine. :)
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

I've ordered my copy of Fritz 13....will post my first impressions when it arrives :D
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
fern

Post by fern »

Wait wait....are not you, doc, one of the most vociferous poster against CB products?

Conversion regards
Fern
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

fern wrote:Wait wait....are not you, doc, one of the most vociferous poster against CB products?

Conversion regards
Fern
Nope,not exactly Fern....you see,I stand my grounds regarding particular issues in some cases which I consider unfair....but to me,ChessBase is and wil always be the best GUI for chess....at least for the purposes it serves me at 8-)
Fritz 13 sending it's regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
fern

Post by fern »

Nah, you are a converted. You bowed to the cross. You rejected Mahomet. You mocked the sultan. You are a painful show for real Muslims.

Cutting my beard regards
Fern
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

i will not buy fritz13, but hiarcs 14.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....