Strelka 5 by Yuriy Osipov

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Strelka 5 by Yuriy Osipov

Post by Sylwy »

David Dahlem wrote:I have to admit, i haven't followed all this new Stelka5 stuff, therefore my question - Is there a Strelka 5 MP version?

Regards
Dave

Silvian :lol: R
David Dahlem

Post by David Dahlem »

Sylwy wrote:
David Dahlem wrote:I have to admit, i haven't followed all this new Stelka5 stuff, therefore my question - Is there a Strelka 5 MP version?

Regards
Dave

Silvian :lol: R
Thanks Silvian. Your reply certainly seems definite! :)

Regards
Dave
Osipov Jury

Re: Aquarium Strelka 5.0 Super-Pro !

Post by Osipov Jury »

geots wrote: Jury, have you heard anything about this new [in the last week] private version of Robbolito that will be released in a couple weeks. Supposedly it destroys Houdini 2. Couldn't get much info on it.
Why do I always have to answer questions about Robbolito? Ask Roberto Pescatore!
I went through the Rybka code forwards and backwards and took many things.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Osipov Jury wrote:
geots wrote: Jury, have you heard anything about this new [in the last week] private version of Robbolito that will be released in a couple weeks. Supposedly it destroys Houdini 2. Couldn't get much info on it.
Why do I always have to answer questions about Robbolito? Ask Roberto Pescatore!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
David Dahlem

Post by David Dahlem »

Osipov Jury wrote:
http://translate.google.com/#it|en|Roberto Pescatore
A Distel

Post by A Distel »

Beste Norman,

Hartelijk dank ik U voor het vriendelijk schrijven en op mijn beurt wens ik
U toe dat U en Uw familie nog vele gelukkige jaren in Vlaanderen mogen
doorbrengen.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Alain.
bob

Post by bob »

Laskos wrote:
Michel wrote:
I am not sure I quite buy that 10 +/- 8. It seems closer to 10 +/- 16, because each individual rating has a +/-8 error. When you subtract, both error bars should be included.
I don't think so. The scores are not independent (if one of them goes up, the other goes down). So +/- 8 looks correct.

Even if the score were independent the error bar should only be multiplied by 1.4.

EDIT: Actually I am not sure. I thought that the way Bayes Elo is set up
is such that the +/- 8 really refers to the difference. But I am not sure.
It's ELOstat, and +/- 8 does really refer to difference in an individual match.

Kai
I don't see how it can apply to a "difference". What if you just publish the one rating? Then the "difference" is not shown. Isn't this based simply on standard deviation? Which would mean the +/-8 applies to the actual value in question, not how it relates to other values???
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

bob wrote:
Laskos wrote:
Michel wrote:
I am not sure I quite buy that 10 +/- 8. It seems closer to 10 +/- 16, because each individual rating has a +/-8 error. When you subtract, both error bars should be included.
I don't think so. The scores are not independent (if one of them goes up, the other goes down). So +/- 8 looks correct.

Even if the score were independent the error bar should only be multiplied by 1.4.

Kai
I don't see how it can apply to a "difference". What if you just publish the one rating? Then the "difference" is not shown. Isn't this based simply on standard deviation? Which would mean the +/-8 applies to the actual value in question, not how it relates to other values???
Elo always relate to other values. A +/- in the elo case will always refer to the pool in which it was examined.

Publishing one isolated value with a +/- is completely meaningless.

Miguel
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

bob wrote:
Laskos wrote:
Michel wrote:

Kai
LOL, sorry Bob, here I have erred, I meant 10 is the difference and 8 is indeed the error in that particular match (error being 2 standard deviations, 95% confidence, as it shown in both BayesElo and ELOstat by default). Think about an individual match as that: 10 +/- 8 without a base means that you take one engine at _fixed_ Elo say 3195 (has no errors, set by the average and the difference/2 alone), then, the second engine, has 3205 +/- 8 rating. Or the other way around. When you have a rating list of many engines, you either set a base, or their average itself sets a pretty stable base, therefore this sqrt(X^2 + Y^2) for the total error.

Kai
Eduard Nemeth

Re: Strelka 5.1 by Yuriy Osipov

Post by Eduard Nemeth »