So what's new here at talkchess?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Steve B

Re: So what's new here at talkchess?

Post by Steve B »

fern wrote:OF COURSE there are some exciting news. Steven Blincoe and me has interchanged a couple of humorous threads. And that is. Besides that, cloning wars, clones wars, The Come Back of the Clone, Spartacus againts the Clones, The Day the Clones Came, Clones Inc, etc.

Cloned regards
Fern
Exactly
i always thought the place was far far too serious to begin with
CC Is a hobby..first and last..nothing more ..nothing less
a diversion from the cold ..harsh.. mean streets.. of the Work-a-Day World
now with the Invasion of the Clones ..the posts are so serious i oft times cry myself to sleep

Bring In The Clowns Regards
Steve
fern

Post by fern »

Now that you mention it, clown and clone are not that far apart after all, in phonetic and else. Yes, after a hard day of work, misery, poverty banging the door, wife asking and yelling, money going as sand between the fingers, a little bit of this old movie, "Dracula and the Clones", make us laugh a bit for a while at least.
You see, I have been so fully trashed here by Don daily and other good people, insulted by others, etc, that i can take all this also as a cheap exercize in ego control. There are some guys trying to make me expend lot of dollars for a relaxation course trough Internet and there you have it, the clones war for free to get the same result.

we are lucky men after all regards
Fern
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Martin Thoresen wrote:I see Strelka 5, a commercial Houdini, AMD bulldozer not meeting expectations and the same infinite amount of clone talk.

Did I really miss anything since I shut down TCEC close to half a year ago?

I am really glad humans still play chess. :lol:
Just saw Wu Xia, which I found quite good. Excellent choreography, surprisingly solid plot, and some philophical themes to cap it off.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

tomgdrums wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Hey Martin,long time no see :D

And yeah,welcome back to insaneville :lol:

:wink:
Speaking of what's new...

Dr. D,

Have you tested Chiron or Fritz 13? Any thoughts on those engines for analysis use or style?

With all the extra chatter is hard to find or see reviews about these new engines.
Hi Tom :D

Haven't made my mind yet,but most probably I will purchase Chiron rather in the near future....

As for Fritz 13,all I can say is that it's new opening book is superb....as for the engine itself it's pending waiting for it's turn to be tested....
Cheers,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

Dave Mitchell wrote:@Martin, what was your experience with TCEC? Looks like you did a lot of work on the set up, etc.

Overall, was it a financial drain, or a continuing big eater of your personal time, that you closed it?
It became an eater of my personal time. :)

But in general, it was a fun experience.