ProDeo 1.74

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

tjfroh
Full name: Timothy Frohlick

Re: ProDeo 1.74

Post by tjfroh »

Ed,

I am using Windows Vista 32 and Prodeo 1.74 is eating Shredder 8 for breakfast. 4 wins 3 draws and 1 loss against Shredder 8.

When you correct the hash table problem I will test Prodeo 1.74 on my bigger Win Vista 64 machine.

Good work brother Ed,

Santa Timmy :)
Rebel wrote:
Kingghidorah wrote:Anyone get it to work right under Windows7 64 bit? I can only seem to get a 20MB hash at most?
Which chess interface are you using ?
A New Way Comes Upon Earth.
God is an infinitely variable Constant.
Man marks his ground with ideologies.
Galaxies are the dreidels of God.
War is a punishment for implacability.
Peace flows from forgiveness of sins.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Kingghidorah wrote:mine has same thing but firt in a new game it'll be 4MB hash and then as game goes on it sticks at 20MB for hash??
Lonnie, it's because my program handles things quite differently (not following the Arena rules) but if you checkout the control panel ProDeo will occupy more than 256 Mb memory. Also you can open the debug file PARAM.TXT, it displays the real hash table size in use.
Ed, are you considering a SMP version down the road?
Terry McCracken
Kingghidorah

Post by Kingghidorah »

Rebel wrote:
Kingghidorah wrote:mine has same thing but firt in a new game it'll be 4MB hash and then as game goes on it sticks at 20MB for hash??
Lonnie, it's because my program handles things quite differently (not following the Arena rules) but if you checkout the control panel ProDeo will occupy more than 256 Mb memory. Also you can open the debug file PARAM.TXT, it displays the real hash table size in use.
ok, makes sense now
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

tjfroh wrote:Ed,

I am using Windows Vista 32 and Prodeo 1.74 is eating Shredder 8 for breakfast. 4 wins 3 draws and 1 loss against Shredder 8.

When you correct the hash table problem I will test Prodeo 1.74 on my bigger Win Vista 64 machine.

Good work brother Ed,

Rebel wrote:
Kingghidorah wrote:Anyone get it to work right under Windows7 64 bit? I can only seem to get a 20MB hash at most?
Uncle Timbo,
Glad to hear that you're live and still kicking :D
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Rebel
Full name: Ed Schröder

Post by Rebel »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Rebel wrote:
If someone volunteers.
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

tjfroh wrote:Ed,

Good work brother Ed,

Uncle Tim !

What is the HT problem you are having?

Don Eduardo
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Rebel wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Rebel wrote:
If someone volunteers.
:?: :?: :?:

Sure....mabye an eager cloner... :roll:
Terry McCracken
BubbaTough

Post by BubbaTough »

Rebel wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Rebel wrote:
If someone volunteers.
Hmm...that's funny, I am looking for volunteers too :).

-Sam
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Rebel wrote:
Hi Ed!

How difficult would it be to add multi-variation mode support?
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Kirk wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Hi Ed!

How difficult would it be to add multi-variation mode support?
Hi Cliff,

It's not a matter of difficulty but of aversion as it has nothing to do with chess. And at my age I become lazier by the day :mrgreen: