ProDeo 1.74

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ron Langeveld

Re: ProDeo 1.74

Post by Ron Langeveld »

Rebel wrote:
Kirk wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Kingghidorah wrote:Anyone get it to work right under Windows7 64 bit? I can only seem to get a 20MB hash at most?
Which chess interface are you using ?
Hi Ed!

How difficult would it be to add multi-variation mode support?
Hi Cliff,

It's not a matter of difficulty but of aversion as it has nothing to do with chess. And at my age I become lazier by the day :mrgreen:
I remember from the old days when I was a Rebel customer that you were an early adaptor (maybe even the first) of letting users pick the moves for Rebel to ponder on. Moves could be exclude from the search in them early days and I suppose that that also did not have to do anything with chess.

Sorry Ed, but over the last few years it doesn't sound as if you are making more sense. Actually from what I read in this forum you are making less sense with each week.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Rebel wrote:
Kirk wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Kingghidorah wrote:Anyone get it to work right under Windows7 64 bit? I can only seem to get a 20MB hash at most?
Hi Ed!

Hi Cliff,

It's not a matter of difficulty but of aversion as it has nothing to do with chess. And at my age I become lazier by the day :mrgreen:
:lol:

Thanks Ed!

But if it helps, I am always good at grovelling :)
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Ron Langeveld wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Kirk wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Hi Ed!

Hi Cliff,

I remember from the old days when I was a Rebel customer that you were an early adaptor (maybe even the first) of letting users pick the moves for Rebel to ponder on. Moves could be exclude from the search in them early days and I suppose that that also did not have to do anything with chess.

Sorry Ed, but over the last few years it doesn't sound as if you are making more sense. Actually from what I read in this forum you are making less sense with each week.
And you really think I programmed "Analyze Include" and "Analyze Exclude"? I invented it, then told the GUI programmer to do it.

Make sense now ?

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Ron Langeveld

Post by Ron Langeveld »

Rebel wrote:
Ron Langeveld wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Kirk wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Hi Ed!

Hi Cliff,

And you really think I programmed "Analyze Include" and "Analyze Exclude"? I invented it, then told the GUI programmer to do it.

Make sense now ?

Not really.

Obviously the feature wasn't trivial enough so you asked the GUI programmer to take care of it ? Now you don't have a GUI programmer so the non-trivial features are skipped because you are getting old and lazy ?

Hmmm, people sometimes talk about obfuscating chess code. I think I just witnessed something similar in your reply, or do you want me to belief that for exclude / include no real work was needed in the Rebel engine itself ? Could be, but it doesn't sound very plausible. When it is true I am starting to question Rebel's efficiency in those days. Anyway, that's all a lot of water under the bridge now.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Ron Langeveld wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ron Langeveld wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Kirk wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Hi Ed!

Hi Cliff,

Make sense now ?

Not really.

Obviously the feature wasn't trivial enough so you asked the GUI programmer to take care of it ? Now you don't have a GUI programmer so the non-trivial features are skipped because you are getting old and lazy ?

Hmmm, people sometimes talk about obfuscating chess code. I think I just witnessed something similar in your reply, or do you want me to belief that for exclude / include no real work was needed in the Rebel engine itself ? Could be, but it doesn't sound very plausible. When it is true I am starting to question Rebel's efficiency in those days. Anyway, that's all a lot of water under the bridge now.
It's pretty poor that members have to start personally attacking Ed and questioning his skills as a programmer just because he dared to have a different opinion regarding a recent controversial issue.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Graham Banks wrote:
Ron Langeveld wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ron Langeveld wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Kirk wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Hi Ed!

Hi Cliff,

Make sense now ?

Not really.

It's pretty poor that members have to start personally attacking Ed and questioning his skills as a programmer just because he dared to have a different opinion regarding a recent controversial issue.
Why? Ed started in with the attacks.
Terry McCracken
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Ron Langeveld wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ron Langeveld wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Kirk wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Hi Ed!

Hi Cliff,

Make sense now ?

Not really.

Why? Ed started in with the attacks.
Where?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Ron Langeveld

Post by Ron Langeveld »

Graham Banks wrote:
Ron Langeveld wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ron Langeveld wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Kirk wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Hi Ed!

Hi Cliff,

Make sense now ?

Not really.

I am not questioning his skills, I am questioning his reasoning and probably also his motives in relation to what he used to produce in the past, which is much more serious then just skills.

You are free to call this a "personal attack" but I have a different opinion. Whatever it is, he probably had it coming.

What are you actually doing in this thread mister Banks, except making a knee jerk statement about controversial issues ? Do you really want to contaminate yet another thread with the same old cows ?
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Ron Langeveld wrote:What are you actually doing in this thread mister Banks, except making a knee jerk statement about controversial issues ? Do you really want to contaminate yet another thread with the same old cows ?
It's supposed to be a thread about ProDeo 1.74, Mr Langeveld.
This forum really is going to the dogs lately.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Ron Langeveld wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ron Langeveld wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Kirk wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Hi Ed!

Hi Cliff,

Make sense now ?

Not really.

Demand a feature and when you get no for an answer start to trample is what kiddies do. I don't care what you think, I care about what I think and that's doing the things I like and multi-variation, chess960, SMP etc. don't fall into that category. Something happened in 2004, I retired and reinvented life. I like it and want to keep it that way. Get used to it.