Whether Rybka Is An Original Program??

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Yes
32%
No
68%

Total votes: 56

Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

tomgdrums

Re: Whether Rybka Is An Original Program??

Post by tomgdrums »

Sean Evans wrote:Whether Rybka Is An Original Program??
Wow, this poll is useful and relevant! :roll:
natasha

Post by natasha »

tomgdrums wrote:
so are lap dancing and fire-persons one's

to some :lol:
UncombedCoconut

Post by UncombedCoconut »

tomgdrums wrote:
I voted! I'm only too happy to help strangers make up their minds on this issue.
dj

Post by dj »

Which Rybka? Rybka 1.0 beta or Rybka 4?

This is the key question. For example, Larry Kaufman has conceded the possibility of Rybka 1.0 having elements of Fruit, but says he believes there are no elements in later Rybka versions. Without specifying which version(s) of Rybka (or all of them?) your poll is meaningless.
Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

dj wrote:

This is the key question. For example, Larry Kaufman has conceded the possibility of Rybka 1.0 having elements of Fruit, but says he believes there are no elements in later Rybka versions. Without specifying which version(s) of Rybka (or all of them?) your poll is meaningless.
Vas says all versions of Rybka are original. It is up to him to provide the evidence against ICGA's assertions. I believe there is plagiarized code in all versions of Rybka. Once coded into the program, very hard to find and remove it.

Cordially,

Sean
natasha

Post by natasha »

Sean Evans wrote:
dj wrote:

Vas says all versions of Rybka are original. It is up to him to provide the evidence against ICGA's assertions. I believe there is plagiarized code in all versions of Rybka. Once coded into the program, very hard to find and remove it.

Cordially,

Sean
+1
Silent gratitude isn’t very much to anyone.
MM

Post by MM »

Great poll! 8-)
MM
dj

Post by dj »

Sean Evans wrote:
dj wrote:

Vas says all versions of Rybka are original. It is up to him to provide the evidence against ICGA's assertions.
No. Not only is it the case that one is innocent until proved guilty, it is also the case that it is never under any system of law the case that it is up to the defendant to prove himself innocent. If I were to assert that Barack Obama were not born in the US then it would be up to me to prove it, and not for BO to prove the contrary. Similarly it is not incumbent on VR to prove that the assertions of ICGA are wrong.

Sean Evans wrote:
I believe there is plagiarized code in all versions of Rybka.
You are, of course, entitleds to your opinion (for that is all it is and is not an expert opinion) but you miss the point. There may be people who believe that Rybka 1.0 beta may contain some Fruit code without supposing that later versions do. Hence your poll is misworded and deeply flawed.

Btw this is yet another example of an utterly futile and pointless thread. When will enough be enough?
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

dj wrote: Btw this is yet another example of an utterly futile and pointless thread. When will enough be enough?
Hello Derek,

I agree with you on this one.

A poll cannot settle this issue.

Thanks to the members who voted....

Regards.