Another strong engine

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

FWCC

Re: Another strong engine

Post by FWCC »

And by the way that Polgar008 is a notebook
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Graham Banks wrote:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matrix-30 ... 23?sk=info

Matrix 3000 Chess Engine
Software

Basic Information
Founded

About
Programmer: Mark Lee Meara. Chief Advertiser: Katie Hamad. Graphic Artist: Anna Skittlesquid.

Description
A chess engine is a computer program which can play the game of chess. Matrix 3000 is an exciting new chess engine, capable of defeating the strongest free engine, Houdini 1.5a, and well on it's way to chess domination! It's aggressive style is reminiscent of great human players such as Kasparov, Fischer, and Carlsen. Current rating lists place the commercial Houdini 2 at the top of the rating lists, with a rating between 3022 and 3308 Elo, depending on the source. Current private engine tests (c. 500 games, more to come) suggest Matrix 3000 is around 50 elo stronger than Houdini 1.5a, and 35 elo stronger than Houdini 2.0
It's been removed from facebook.
Terry McCracken
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

Terry McCracken wrote:

Matrix 3000 Chess Engine
Software

Basic Information
Founded

About
Programmer: Mark Lee Meara. Chief Advertiser: Katie Hamad. Graphic Artist: Anna Skittlesquid.

Description
A chess engine is a computer program which can play the game of chess. Matrix 3000 is an exciting new chess engine, capable of defeating the strongest free engine, Houdini 1.5a, and well on it's way to chess domination! It's aggressive style is reminiscent of great human players such as Kasparov, Fischer, and Carlsen. Current rating lists place the commercial Houdini 2 at the top of the rating lists, with a rating between 3022 and 3308 Elo, depending on the source. Current private engine tests (c. 500 games, more to come) suggest Matrix 3000 is around 50 elo stronger than Houdini 1.5a, and 35 elo stronger than Houdini 2.0
It's been removed from facebook.
It was fun while it lasted. The author of the hoax had already spammed the Houdini Facebook page with the same nonsense a couple of months ago.
But it appears he didn't even manage to modify the author id of the UCI engine...

I guess that the only engine stronger than the current Houdini versions is on my development PCs. :P

Robert
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Re: My Vote for funniest post of the year

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Graham Banks wrote:
Looks like a hoax that will suck some in. :wink:
yeah CCRL never gets sucked in!
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Re: My Vote for funniest post of the year

Post by mclane »

if we want to talk about a strong engine, we should better start about the next version of hiarcs beeing published (when ?) soon.

the version on my ipad2 is damned strong.

i am looking forward to see hiarcs conquer my PC's.

do you know when it will come on the market (i guess it depends on when chessbase is ready with it ?) ?
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
slobo

Post by slobo »

Matrix 3000 Chess Engine
Software

Basic Information
Founded

About

Description
Than, it must be Rybka´s clone.
:D :D :D
"Well, I´m just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don´t let me be misunderstood."