Where is Dann Corbit

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Where is Dann Corbit

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi there,

maybe I missed a discuss around Dann Corbit. A longer time I read nothing from Dann. This is really bad because Dann is one of the dino's with a lot of knowledge to computer chess and any time he wrote very helpfull messages I like a lot.

I hope all is OK with Dann?

Best
Frank
Graham Banks

Re: Where is Dann Corbit

Post by Graham Banks »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi there,

maybe I missed a discuss around Dann Corbit. A longer time I read nothing from Dann. This is really bad because Dann is one of the dino's with a lot of knowledge to computer chess and any time he wrote very helpfull messages I like a lot.

I hope all is OK with Dann?

Best
Frank
If you search for his last few posts here, you'll probably get an idea.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Dann is fine, he gave an impressive farewell speech and left. About 6 months ago, you get the idea.
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

Instead of staying in the trenches in these challenging times, and trying to make things better for his hobby, Dan Corbit took the easy way out, abandon ship.

kgburcham
tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

Post by tmokonen »

kgburcham wrote:Instead of staying in the trenches in these challenging times, and trying to make things better for his hobby, Dan Corbit took the easy way out, abandon ship.

kgburcham
Oh puh-lease. Must you be so melodramatic? We are people involved in a hobby centered around a board game, not some sort of soldiers conscripted to fight in a war. Why should Dann feel obligated to stick around and fight with a bunch of argumentative weirdos?
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

yeah right... some here are working real hard to make the hobby un enjoyable (unless they get their stupid way!). Even old timers like Dann had to leave.
Well it is sad only a few care when people like him leave. He gave too much for chess and I am sure he will come back when he wishes.
Until then don't ascribe motives to his absences, other than what he said before he left. He sounded disgusted at what was going on here.

good luck saving the titanic (more like fall of rome though).
I am not saying cc is falling but now that your brough it up...
kgburcham

it is not just a hobby to some

Post by kgburcham »

tmokonen wrote:
kgburcham wrote:Instead of staying in the trenches in these challenging times, and trying to make things better for his hobby, Dan Corbit took the easy way out, abandon ship.

kgburcham
Oh puh-lease. Must you be so melodramatic? We are people involved in a hobby centered around a board game, not some sort of soldiers conscripted to fight in a war. Why should Dann feel obligated to stick around and fight with a bunch of argumentative weirdos?
Dan was on the Rybka/Vas side. Dan Corbit let a lot of people down on the Vas side. Both sides need soldiers willing to stand their ground. The world is full of lambs and daisies, just because you stick your head in the sand does not mean things will go away.
Someone needs to stand up and Dan Corbit could not. The world is full of both. I prefer the ones that chose to stay and fight for their side in this chess computer war.
Please stand back and let the soldiers battle, for when this war is over, we will move on.

some people make things happen,
some people leave when things start to happen,
and some people just stand around and say "damn what just happened".
kgburcham
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: !?!?!?

Post by Sylwy »

kgburcham wrote:..............................., Dan Corbit took the easy way out, abandon ship.

kgburcham

CCC ? Escapes who can !

SilvianR :wink:
NJDenson

Hmmmmm

Post by NJDenson »

I assure you he is fine for those worried about him health wise. I guess when there is such negative energy around; we chose what we want and communicate to whom we wish. This life is too short to be worried by a few that don’t have a clue on how to carry on with intelligent conversation.
Just because people stop posting here dont mean their life is over. Seek wisdom and maybe you haters will see.
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

kgburcham
Perhaps "checked himself out of the asylum" instead of "abandoned ship?" :wink: