Where is Dann Corbit

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Re: Where is Dann Corbit (Expected Response)

Post by JuLieN »

@Paul: I don't think Nolan was addressing our posts :)
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
fern

Re: it is not just a hobby to some

Post by fern »

Perhaps there is even another category, to which I appertain: those that like to be in the balcony and look with disdainful amusement the fights.
Not glorious, but comfortable and funny.

from my seat regards
Fern
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

fern wrote:Perhaps there is even another category, to which I appertain: those that like to be in the balcony and look with disdainful amusement the fights.
Not glorious, but comfortable and funny.

from my seat regards
Fern
I bet you'd even make provision of rotten tomatoes you'd throw from time to time, providing nobody can see you! ;)
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
fern

Post by fern »

Of course!
In my almost visceral opinion, people, in general, is so..... that it would be idiotic to meddle in the mid of his wars, exception made the case when you can throw those tomatoes, as I have done here from time to time.
Daniel Shawul

Re: Where is Dann Corbit (Expected Response)

Post by Daniel Shawul »

oh nolan..you are among the few courteous people here who don't feel like having "fun" at everything. Those people have often _hidden agendas_.
vb4

Re: Where is Dann Corbit

Post by vb4 »

For all of you that are concerned Dann is doing fine. Tony I think you summed up the major reason why Dann has taken a leave from this board. Him and I talk every week and I have said to him long before he decided to take this leave that there are so many senseless arguments here and have decided this is not what it was intended to be about. Its much worse then several people arguing what programming technique is better here and there etc its now become nothing but slanderous and rediculous statements. Regardless of which side your on it seems impossible for some of the individuals involved to just put it to bed and move forward with more interesting chess research.

Thanks,

Les
tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

Post by tmokonen »

kgburcham wrote: Dan was on the Rybka/Vas side. Dan Corbit let a lot of people down on the Vas side. Both sides need soldiers willing to stand their ground. The world is full of lambs and daisies, just because you stick your head in the sand does not mean things will go away.
Easy with the nerd testosterone there, Sparky. Some of us simply don't care about these dumb never-ending arguments here, except for the fact that all of this childish fighting causes people who actually do something useful to leave. Dann (note, he has more than one n in his name) is not the only person who left here due to the trolls that make this place the bizarro slap-fighting world that it is. Maybe it's all just a big joke to you, but I sorely miss Dann's cap.connx.com web site, and I know I'm not the only one.
Someone needs to stand up and Dan Corbit could not. The world is full of both. I prefer the ones that chose to stay and fight for their side in this chess computer war.
Please stand back and let the soldiers battle, for when this war is over, we will move on.
Soldiers :lol: :lol: Do you wear chainmail when you post here, O valiant knight of the chess forums?

"We will move on." :D :D Rolf hasn't moved on in a decade and a half!
towforce

Re: Where is Dann Corbit

Post by towforce »

vb4 wrote:For all of you that are concerned Dann is doing fine...
It would be nice if somebody created a web page paying tribute to the contributions he has made over the years.
Writing is the antidote to confusion.
It's not "how smart you are", it's "how are you smart".
Your brain doesn't work the way you want, so train it!
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

tmokonen wrote:
kgburcham wrote: Dan was on the Rybka/Vas side. Dan Corbit let a lot of people down on the Vas side. Both sides need soldiers willing to stand their ground. The world is full of lambs and daisies, just because you stick your head in the sand does not mean things will go away.
Easy with the nerd testosterone there, Sparky. Some of us simply don't care about these dumb never-ending arguments here, except for the fact that all of this childish fighting causes people who actually do something useful to leave. Dann (note, he has more than one n in his name) is not the only person who left here due to the trolls that make this place the bizarro slap-fighting world that it is. Maybe it's all just a big joke to you, but I sorely miss Dann's cap.connx.com web site, and I know I'm not the only one.
Someone needs to stand up and Dan Corbit could not. The world is full of both. I prefer the ones that chose to stay and fight for their side in this chess computer war.
Please stand back and let the soldiers battle, for when this war is over, we will move on.
Soldiers :lol: :lol: Do you wear chainmail when you post here, O valiant knight of the chess forums?

"We will move on." :D :D Rolf hasn't moved on in a decade and a half![/quote

Now this post was funny! +10
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

Easy with the nerd testosterone there, Sparky.

Some of us simply don't care about these dumb never-ending arguments here, except for the fact that all of this childish fighting causes people who actually do something useful to leave. Dann (note, he has more than one n in his name) is not the only person who left here due to the trolls that make this place the bizarro slap-fighting world that it is. Maybe it's all just a big joke to you, but I sorely miss Dann's cap.connx.com web site, and I know I'm not the only one.

Soldiers Do you wear chainmail when you post here, O valiant knight of the chess forums?
"We will move on." Rolf hasn't moved on in a decade and a half!
This place would be better off with Dan here and his posts. I thnik I know why Dan left and it has not been mentioned--I was following his last days here. His last exchanges with Robert and his initial opinions about what was happening in the beginning. Dan dug a hole he could not get out of and he knew it. He should have stayed and participated. Leaving does not change what he said, leaving did not improve what his concerns were. I have more respect for Rolf than Dan, at least Rolf is still here.
kgburcham