What will take for Chessbase to offer Houdini chess ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pichy

What will take for Chessbase to offer Houdini chess ?

Post by pichy »

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: What will take for Chessbase to offer Houdini chess ?

Post by hgm »

A large-enough slice of the pie? :roll:
dj

Post by dj »

Houdini to be generally accepted as a legitimate and independent program in the way that Rybka was when ChessBase added it to its stable - with a preference for a world championship title to boost its credentials.
acase
Full name: Andrew R Case

Post by acase »

hgm wrote:A large-enough slice of the pie? :roll:

Indeed, imagine the nerve of those Capitalist Pigs wanting to earn a profit!
Aren't they already a multi-billion dollar conglomerate comparable in size to Exxon-Mobil, Wal-Mart, AT&T, or General Electric?

Those greedy bastards, they probably pay the CEO a multi-million Euro compensation package worth somewhere near €30-€40 million, we should have an occupy Chessbase protest at their headquarters.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

dj wrote:Houdini to be generally accepted as a legitimate and independent program in the way that Rybka was when ChessBase added it to its stable - with a preference for a world championship title to boost its credentials.
After the ICGA mess, the second point is far less significant. Spot on for the first point though.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

acase wrote: Indeed, imagine the nerve of those Capitalist Pigs wanting to earn a profit!
Aren't they already a multi-billion dollar conglomerate comparable in size to Exxon-Mobil, Wal-Mart, AT&T, or General Electric?

Those greedy bastards, they probably pay the CEO a multi-million Euro compensation package worth somewhere near €30-€40 million, we should have an occupy Chessbase protest at their headquarters.
I don't know what your problem with capitalism is, but ChessBase is a business, and not a charity organization for helping needy chess programmers with marketing their products...
dj

Post by dj »

hgm wrote:
acase wrote: Indeed, imagine the nerve of those Capitalist Pigs wanting to earn a profit!

I don't know what your problem with capitalism is, but ChessBase is a business, and not a charity organization for helping needy chess programmers with marketing their products...
hgm, I think Andrew was indulging in irony.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Hey man ............"occupy Chessbase" ?????

Post by Sylwy »

acase wrote:
hgm wrote:A large-enough slice of the pie? :roll:

Indeed, imagine the nerve of those Capitalist Pigs wanting to earn a profit!

What about my future Fritzy 14-15-16........... ??????
Are you Mr. Ernesto Rafael Guevara de la Serna ?

:roll: SilvianR :roll:
acase

Post by acase »

dj wrote:hgm, I think Andrew was indulging in irony.

Indeed you are correct Derek, perhaps I should put a disclaimer on a post like that so they'll know it is sarcasm or irony.

Andrew R. Case
acase

Re: Hey man ............"occupy Chessbase" ?????

Post by acase »

Sylwy wrote:
What about my future Fritzy 14-15-16........... ??????
Are you Mr. Ernesto Rafael Guevara de la Serna ?

:roll: SilvianR :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hilarious!