Fritz Quest Experimental 3.1 elo

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

karger
Full name: John Karger

Fritz Quest Experimental 3.1 elo

Post by karger »

Hi , I have been playing some games against Fritz Quest Experimental 3.1 and found it to be an overwhelming and unconventional player. Does anyone have a accurate estimate of it's elo ? Thanks , Karger
Mike S.

Re: Fritz Quest Experimental 3.1 elo

Post by Mike S. »

:arrow: Hoax :mrgreen:
Regards, Mike
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Mike S. wrote::arrow: Hoax :mrgreen:
:lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
karger

Post by karger »

Why do you say it is a hoax ?
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

karger wrote:Why do you say it is a hoax ?
Because there was no such version available, you downloaded it from a hacker site and it sent your credit card data to russia. But don't worry, they are nice persons.The 100 Pizzas are on their way to you and they ordered a lifetime Rybka cluster access for you.

Enjoy :lol:
karger

Post by karger »

Quest,
a chess engine by Frans Morsch which became the famous ChessBase engine dubbed Fritz in 1991. Later, Quest was often used as experimental version of Fritz in tournaments. Quest was the strongest chess program at Aegon 1996 [1].
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

karger wrote:Quest,
a chess engine by Frans Morsch which became the famous ChessBase engine dubbed Fritz in 1991. Later, Quest was often used as experimental version of Fritz in tournaments. Quest was the strongest chess program at Aegon 1996 [1].
But I don't think this program from Frans Morsch was ever released to the public or offered for sale, or I am sure it would have been tested in tournaments etc. Quest with Frans Morsch did partipate in several of the earlier Dutch championships, in the eighties I think, possibly also in the ICCA tournaments but there I think Frans Morsch always played with the commercial version or an experimental Fritz, not under the name Quest. I hope you did not pay too much for it? I could find no mention of this Experimental 3.1 engine in Google either, at least until now. Does it not play like the other Fritz engines? Where have you found it John?

Eelco.
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: STASI informations !

Post by Sylwy »

Eelco de Groot wrote:
Where have you found it John?

Eelco.
Hello !

STASI :roll: knows that this " never seen " CB GmbH Hamburg product can be downloaded from the (im)mortal host server ( being with 2 hours before Bucharest hour , this server is somewhere around Moskovskaia Oblast , maybe even a bit to East). In fact you can find there only the download address..
You need an account for access the commercial section. This section is like a Playboy (US Edition) number. "C'est-à-dire" very interesting !
Well , Ruxy can't help you because I was banned , months ago , in all Kama Sutra positions in this forum. Persona non grata in Latin ! But they are a lot of CCC members who can help you !

Respect & regards,
SilvianR :wink:
fern

Post by fern »

The program you mentioned became Fritz 4 on time...
And F4 with all the frills, gui, etc you can find very cheap in lot of sites.
It is called "Extreme" by some of the publishers...

Fern
acase
Full name: Andrew R Case

Post by acase »

What Fernando said I think is correct, I purchased "Extreme Chess" about 14 years ago, and it looks like you can still buy for about it $5-$10 if you look around.
Be warned though that it is a 16-bit program and probably won't run on computer systems with Windows XP or higher (unless of course you can figure out a way to get it to work).

Here is an image of the CDROM case: