CCT 14: 12 days left to register

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

CCT 14: 12 days left to register

Post by Peter Skinner »

Hello everyone,

There are 12 days remaining to register for CCT 14.

Currently there are 15 participants registered, and can be seen at http://www.cctchess.com

Please remember that at times it can take me a day or so to get an account setup and ready for usage, so please register at the earliest possible chance.

Peter Skinner
CCT Tournament Director
http://www.cctchess.com
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
MM

Re: CCT 14: 12 days left to register

Post by MM »

Peter Skinner wrote:Hello everyone,

There are 12 days remaining to register for CCT 14.

Currently there are 15 participants registered, and can be seen at http://www.cctchess.com

Please remember that at times it can take me a day or so to get an account setup and ready for usage, so please register at the earliest possible chance.

Peter Skinner
CCT Tournament Director
http://www.cctchess.com
Hope other engines will join , anyway the tournament seems to me very strong and interesting. There will be a blitz event?

Regards
MM
Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

MM wrote: Hope other engines will join , anyway the tournament seems to me very strong and interesting. There will be a blitz event?

Regards
Of course. Once the Main Event is over, those that wish to play the Blitz event will be afforded that chance.
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
h1a8

Post by h1a8 »

Where's Houdini or Rybka?
Are they allowed to enter?
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

h1a8 wrote:Where's Houdini or Rybka?
Are they allowed to enter?
No, Skinner said something to the extent that "the other participants don't like Houdini and Rybka participating". Nothing wrong with that, it's called ochlocracy, from ancient Greece.

Kai
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

There are at least 2 who might have objections, based on the list I just saw. You are not basing your opinion in a view of minority are you ?

BTW: And why is Thinker allowed to participate btw, that engine is nothing but a scam, and another clone obfuscating its output and kN/s so nothing is shown.

Peter, did you ask for a Thinker source ?
Laskos

Post by Laskos »

Damir wrote:There are at least 2 who might have objections, based on the list I just saw. You are not basing your opinion in a view of minority are you ?
Look guy, I will quote from Wiki for you (Wiki seems better than me in explaining clearly and concisely):

In ancient Greek political thought ochlocracy was considered as one of the three "bad" forms of government (tyranny, oligarchy and ochlocracy) as opposed to the three "good" forms of government (monarchy, aristocracy and democracy). The distinction between "good" and "bad" was made according to whether the government form would act in the interest of the whole community ("good") or the exclusive interests of a group or individual at the expense of the _justice_ ("bad").

Ochlocracy ("rule of the general populace", "mob rule") is democracy ("rule of the people") spoiled by demagoguery, "tyranny of the majority" and the rule of _passion_ over reason.

The threat of "mob rule" to a democracy is restrained by ensuring that the rule of _law_ protects minorities or individuals against short-term demagoguery or _moral_panic_.

The _ * _ are mine.
Wiki is good! And Greeks 2,300 years ago light-years ahead of CCC.

Kai
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Laskos wrote:
Damir wrote:There are at least 2 who might have objections, based on the list I just saw. You are not basing your opinion in a view of minority are you ?
Look guy, I will quote from Wiki for you (Wiki seems better than me in explaining clearly and concisely):

In ancient Greek political thought ochlocracy was considered as one of the three "bad" forms of government (tyranny, oligarchy and ochlocracy) as opposed to the three "good" forms of government (monarchy, aristocracy and democracy). The distinction between "good" and "bad" was made according to whether the government form would act in the interest of the whole community ("good") or the exclusive interests of a group or individual at the expense of the _justice_ ("bad").

Ochlocracy ("rule of the general populace", "mob rule") is democracy ("rule of the people") spoiled by demagoguery, "tyranny of the majority" and the rule of _passion_ over reason.

The threat of "mob rule" to a democracy is restrained by ensuring that the rule of _law_ protects minorities or individuals against short-term demagoguery or _moral_panic_.

The _ * _ are mine.

Kai
A private computer chess tournament really has a great anology to the
government of a society... it seems some here are so much distracted
from real life that they are acting in a pseudo world.
Laskos

Post by Laskos »

Guenther wrote:
Laskos wrote:

The _ * _ are mine.

Kai
A private computer chess tournament really has a great anology to the
government of a society... it seems some here are so much distracted
from real life that they are acting in a pseudo world.
Look guys, are you all complete deep thinkers here?

What's this for:
http://cctchess.com/

And arguing that some like me here "are so much distracted from real life that they are acting in a pseudo world.", one may possibly use CCT or WCCC ads on their stupid sites (you yourself implied that they are irrelevant) to have better sales in a very real world. Are you joking?

Kai
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Laskos wrote:

The _ * _ are mine.

Kai
Funny that you mention a country such as Greece, because democracy no longer exist there, and therefore your comparison is completely irrelevant. Nice try though...