Levy's interview on Chessbase about ICGA/rybka

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

michiguel

Re: Levy's interview on Chessbase about ICGA/rybka

Post by michiguel »

bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:
bob wrote: Bullshit. You have a known tendency to misspell a couple of words in a very unnatural way. And then the question about "Where is the ICGA located?" Right from the Rybka Forum?
Can you solve this made up riddle yourself ?
And then your "wait for part 2?" How would you know what is in there, hmmm?
Those famous little birds.
You are not very good at deception...
You are correct.
Little birds, my ass. You guys were feeding Friedel questions. Absolutely no doubt. The SAME questions, using the same improper words that were posed on RF multiple times. Give it a rest...
If that is the case, what is wrong with that?

Miguel
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

noctiferus wrote:http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=7899

The other side of the moon :)
Many stupid Rybka Forum questions. This reply from Levy is more interesting:

As to the procedure to decide the degree of punishment – this comes under Article III Section 1 of the ICGA Constitution, which is always published in the ICGA Journal prior to the tri-ennial meeting at which ICGA office bearers are elected. Section 1 states that the Executive Committee of the ICGA is charged with the administrative affairs of the association.

If this is the ICGA "Constitution" (I just googled it)
http://ilk.uvt.nl/icga/organisation/CONSTITUTION.pdf

then (read it all), it seems that the night clubs owners have better lawyers :lol:
And it seems to be Netherlands :lol:

Kai
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

michiguel wrote:
bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:
bob wrote: Bullshit. You have a known tendency to misspell a couple of words in a very unnatural way. And then the question about "Where is the ICGA located?" Right from the Rybka Forum?
You are correct.
Little birds, my ass. You guys were feeding Friedel questions. Absolutely no doubt. The SAME questions, using the same improper words that were posed on RF multiple times. Give it a rest...

Miguel

There is nothing wrong with Ed supplying questions. However, If Ed is being less than totally open about his involvement with the Chessbase questions and was involved in their setting, then that is relevant for 2 reasons:
# if he is going to imply or express a view about the questioning or support the questioning in any way whatsoever he needs to declare a vested interest.
# despite his own lack of openness he will have associated himself with implied criticism of a lack of openness on the panel about the identities of those who voted.

Ed, in the light of those two points, will you now tell us whether or not you were involved in the compilation of the questions?
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

K I Hyams wrote: Ed, in the light of those two points, will you now tell us whether or not you were involved in the compilation of the questions?
Involved is the wrong word. As already said that would be too much credit :wink:

But here is the story. Frederic contacted me and asked specific information on various issues as preparation for his interview with David.

During the conversation I proposed one question to David, listed below.

I also contributed questions of the Soren Riis group responsible for the Chessbase article to Frederic and he told me: I would like to make it clear that the interview is by the ChessBase editors, not the Riis/Schröder group.

Frederic at his best :lol:

Any way, this is my proposed question for David to Frederic, tomorrow we will see what my alleged influence on Chessbase is really worth :wink:

-------

I submit a question for David if that suits your planning.

http://www.chessvibes.com/reports/attack-of-the-clones/

Fringe Problems
There is one other type of offence that I would like to mention here in connection with cloning, namely entering a cloned program created by someone other than the entrant, in a tournament, with the entrant knowing it be a clone. One might draw an analogy between the criminal law offence of theft and the crime of handling goods knowing them to be stolen. This offence in the computer chess world is similar to one that recently caused something of a scandal in the Netherlands, when a board member of the Dutch Computer Chess Association (CSVN), the body that organises the prestigious Leiden tournaments entered a pirated copy of Junior in one of the major online annual tournaments. (See here for more details.) Put simply, if someone knows that a program has been ripped off, either by cloning or through piracy, they will not be permitted to use a ripped off copy to compete in any ICGA event.
=============

Here -- out of the blue -- after having scandalized Vas in public Levy also attacks Cock de Gorter about a case in which he notable was a negotiator. A case (a storm in a cup of tea) in which Cock offered apologies. Can you ask him why he did that?

Here is Cocks reply in email to David which I posted with his permission.

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... n%20gorter

Thanks,

Ed
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

K I Hyams wrote:
michiguel wrote:
bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:
You are correct.

Miguel

There is nothing wrong with Ed supplying questions. However, If Ed is being less than totally open about his involvement with the Chessbase questions and was involved in their setting, then that is relevant for 2 reasons:
# if he is going to imply or express a view about the questioning or support the questioning in any way whatsoever he needs to declare a vested interest.
# despite his own lack of openness he will have associated himself with implied criticism of a lack of openness on the panel about the identities of those who voted.

Ed, in the light of those two points, will you now tell us whether or not you were involved in the compilation of the questions?

Just for the sake of science (and logic) let me clarify that collecting QUESTIONS is in itself an open process that shouldnt be censored or kept closed otherwise the whole inquiry is worth nothing.

However a leading figure like a President who decided about the fate of someone with judicial relevance and who cannot answer without a coaching is behaving like a puppet because he doesnt understand his own decisions.

But there is no way out, Levy will have to take his responsibilities for his weired manner how he treated Vas Rajlich in public in the name of the ICGA. The damage has been done and it cannot be cured by either this or that response in an interview a year later after it has found out that there wasnt any case of cheating at all.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

Rolf wrote: it has found out that there wasnt any case of cheating at all.
I don't think that keeping this stance Vas is going to go anywhere. Neither with "others cheated too". Both arguments pretty silly. Anyway, your, Rybka sycophants' business.

Kai
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

Rebel wrote:
K I Hyams wrote: Ed, in the light of those two points, will you now tell us whether or not you were involved in the compilation of the questions?
Involved is the wrong word. As already said that would be too much credit :wink:

But here is the story. Frederic contacted me and asked specific information on various issues as preparation for his interview with David.

During the conversation I proposed one question to David, listed below.

I also contributed questions of the Soren Riis group responsible for the Chessbase article to Frederic and he told me: I would like to make it clear that the interview is by the ChessBase editors, not the Riis/Schröder group.

Frederic at his best :lol:

Any way, this is my proposed question for David to Frederic, tomorrow we will see what my alleged influence on Chessbase is really worth :wink:

-------

I submit a question for David if that suits your planning.

http://www.chessvibes.com/reports/attack-of-the-clones/

Fringe Problems
There is one other type of offence that I would like to mention here in connection with cloning, namely entering a cloned program created by someone other than the entrant, in a tournament, with the entrant knowing it be a clone. One might draw an analogy between the criminal law offence of theft and the crime of handling goods knowing them to be stolen. This offence in the computer chess world is similar to one that recently caused something of a scandal in the Netherlands, when a board member of the Dutch Computer Chess Association (CSVN), the body that organises the prestigious Leiden tournaments entered a pirated copy of Junior in one of the major online annual tournaments. (See here for more details.) Put simply, if someone knows that a program has been ripped off, either by cloning or through piracy, they will not be permitted to use a ripped off copy to compete in any ICGA event.
=============

Here -- out of the blue -- after having scandalized Vas in public Levy also attacks Cock de Gorter about a case in which he notable was a negotiator. A case (a storm in a cup of tea) in which Cock offered apologies. Can you ask him why he did that?

Here is Cocks reply in email to David which I posted with his permission.

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... n%20gorter

Thanks,

Ed
Thank you for the additional information, Ed.
slobo

Post by slobo »

Damir wrote:Thanks for confirming to me that those involved in this witchhunter progress are indeed the commercial entities, and the same people who in previous times wanted Rybka participations in important events limited and even hardware restrictions impose.
Very interesting this position of yours. Some time ago you werre on the opposite side. Let me now knock off:

Struggle for rule of laws in human society is not a "witchhunting". You´ve missed something along the process of building your character.
"Well, I´m just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don´t let me be misunderstood."
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Well, I have changed my mind after seeing that many of the so called open source engine are made money on, and there is no objections, and Rybka is the only one targeted. Houdini to mention, Rick48 as other... based on Robbo.
slobo

Post by slobo »

bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:
You are correct.
But I think it was good because innocent readers have both versions in front of them now: good and provocative questions and yet better answeres.
"Well, I´m just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don´t let me be misunderstood."