Moron 1.0.1z can't solve this!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Mithu

Moron 1.0.1z can't solve this!

Post by Mithu »

[FEN]4k3/8/8/8/8/8/8/4K3 w - - 0 0[/FEN]

I am not able to get Moron 1.0.1z to solve this position. I tried disabling the TBs, changed the threads = 0,1,2,3 upto 64 still no solution, then I tried switching off my monitor yet I see no solution in sight. Oh ok I had to switch it on after some time still no solution. Now I wonder if there will be any updates at all, that will solve this endgame bug.
I heard someone say that it will make my elo, go places. I am right now in India. Will it solve this position if I move my comp to say UK or USA?

Should I download the 6 - men tablebases so that Moron will solve this position?
Or maybe this will work only with the 6-women TBs?

PLEASE HELP ME - Dear Fern. :cry:

Crying regards from India.
Karol Majewski

Re: Moron 1.0.1z can't solve this!

Post by Karol Majewski »

Actually, 2-men tablebases have not yet been created. BTW I heard that 1-men and 2-men Moronbases are going to be released in the near future!
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Mithu wrote:[FEN]4k3/8/8/8/8/8/8/4K3 w - - 0 0[/FEN]

I am not able to get Moron 1.0.1z to solve this position. I tried disabling the TBs, changed the threads = 0,1,2,3 upto 64 still no solution, then I tried switching off my monitor yet I see no solution in sight. Oh ok I had to switch it on after some time still no solution. Now I wonder if there will be any updates at all, that will solve this endgame bug.
I heard someone say that it will make my elo, go places. I am right now in India. Will it solve this position if I move my comp to say UK or USA?

Should I download the 6 - men tablebases so that Moron will solve this position?

I warned you not to give your money to this guy....the engine is still too buggy and the authore doesn't have the word refund in his dictionary....

While you're having headaches trying to make the engine play as advertised,the author is swimming in his private swimming pool sorrounded by heaps of women and drinking expensive red wine....
I told you so regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Mithu wrote:[FEN]4k3/8/8/8/8/8/8/4K3 w - - 0 0[/FEN]

I warned you not to give your money to this guy....the engine is still too buggy and the authore doesn't have the word refund in his dictionary....

While you're having headaches trying to make the engine play as advertised,the author is swimming in his private swimming pool sorrounded by heaps of women and drinking expensive red wine....
I told you so regards,
Dr.D
Note that Moron 1.0 is under investigation by the ICMA for more than two weeks, now, and that Fern still made no public statement regarding that. If you want my opinion, he is feeling quite unsafe and is trying to sneak out the dirty money he made with Moron to the Bahamas... :(

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... =&start=20
JuLieN wrote:Sure, the ICMA has gathered yet:

1- the indian : Fabien Letouzey
2- the G.I. : Anthony Cozzie
3- the cow-boy : David Levy
4- the construction worker : Zach Wegner
5- the leatherman : yours truly (sorry, couldn't resist to be a part of it :lol: )
6- the biker : Bob Hyatt

Fern, you're in a bad mess, I tell ya!
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
fern

Post by fern »

My team is working hard to solve that problem, but I am afraid that due to increasing wages of my people I am compelled to ask for an extra payment in order to send you,m in time, the patch.
It is 25.50 bucks.
It includes one of my photos, signed.

Everything to serve the customer regards
Fern
Mithu

Post by Mithu »

fern wrote:My team is working hard to solve that problem, but I am afraid that due to increasing wages of my people I am compelled to ask for an extra payment in order to send you,m in time, the patch.
It is 25.50 bucks.

Fern
I don't mind the 25.50 bucks but I oppose about the Photo part. Is there a possibility that we can get just the patch minus the Photo? :mrgreen:

But if you still insist I may have to vote for somebody else, who can and will speak on my behalf. Human Rights will be happy to help me and so will the ICMA. At this rate you will drive all the customers away... Mr. Fern. Wake up...

Atleast your response proves that you are not running away with my moolah. Thank God for the small favors.

Spare the poor customer regards
MJ.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Mithu wrote:
fern wrote:My team is working hard to solve that problem, but I am afraid that due to increasing wages of my people I am compelled to ask for an extra payment in order to send you,m in time, the patch.
It is 25.50 bucks.

Fern
I don't mind the 25.50 bucks but I oppose about the Photo part. Is there a possibility that we can get just the patch minus the Photo? :mrgreen:

But if you still insist I may have to vote for somebody else, who can and will speak on my behalf. Human Rights will be happy to help me and so will the ICMA. At this rate you will drive all the customers away... Mr. Fern. Wake up...

Atleast your response proves that you are not running away with my moolah. Thank God for the small favors.

Spare the poor customer regards
MJ.
The photo is presenting Fern naked in his private swimming pool coding the chess engine on a notebook....personally,I won't miss that :roll:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Mithu

Post by Mithu »

Karol Majewski wrote:Actually, 2-men tablebases have not yet been created. BTW I heard that 1-men and 2-men Moronbases are going to be released in the near future!
Knowing the author of this engine I very much doubt he will ever release anything that has 'man' in the name.

Even if he did it would be a different format and name.
Eg: 1man+2women TBs -or- 2Women+2Men TBs.

Its all TBD I guess and very hush-hush. That may explain why the author has suddenly stopped responded to my 100 mails.

Still waiting regards.
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Mithu wrote:
Karol Majewski wrote:Actually, 2-men tablebases have not yet been created. BTW I heard that 1-men and 2-men Moronbases are going to be released in the near future!
Knowing the author of this engine I very much doubt he will ever release anything that has 'man' in the name.

Even if he did it would be a different format and name.
Eg: 1man+2women TBs -or- 2Women+2Men TBs.

Its all TBD I guess and very hush-hush. That may explain why the author has suddenly stopped responded to my 100 mails.

Still waiting regards.

:lol:
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

fern wrote:My team is working hard to solve that problem
(...)
Fern

Fern's "team" can only "serve" any complaining "customer" one at a time. So be patient and wait for them to come knock at your door. ;)

That must be a top notch customer service considering that we never heard again about the first complainers.
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]