Komodo MP status?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jouni

Komodo MP status?

Post by Jouni »

Cancelled? Delayed? Shipping? Anything? :) BTW are there plans to Gaviota tablebase access as at some time were speculated?

thanks
Jouni
lkaufman

Re: Komodo MP status?

Post by lkaufman »

Don has been trying to identify and fix a bug in the MP. Once he succeeds, a release may be only a week or so away. Meanwhile we continue to improve the basic SP program. Tablebases should probably be added in the subsequent version.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

lkaufman wrote:Don has been trying to identify and fix a bug in the MP. Once he succeeds, a release may be only a week or so away. Meanwhile we continue to improve the basic SP program. Tablebases should probably be added in the subsequent version.
Good luck....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Good to hear some news Larry. Does this mean that at release the SP version will be stronger on one core because it has had more work done on it? (while the MP version has been bug-fixed)
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

The new SP will definitely be stronger, about 20 elo as of now. Presumably the MP version will incorporate the improvements, although nothing about the MP is certain until the bug is fixed.
fern

Post by fern »

a propos de SP version. mine, which I bought, is named Komodo 4 -c2. So it appears in fritz GUI.
Is that OK?

Fern
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

I think you must have a 32 bit machine, because we had to make a second compile for them. So as long as this is the case, everything is ok.
fern

Post by fern »

Thanks. Yesterday I was defeated by Komodo, but not before a long struggle, more than 54 moves. Thats indicates I am at least 1200 Elo :-)

Fern
FriedmannC

Post by FriedmannC »

Sounds great Larry! I look forward to see the clash between KOMODO MP and HOUDINI 2.c! BTW, the MP version of KOMODO will be KOMODO 4 MP or KOMODO 5 MP? And do you happen to know if DEEP RYBKA 5 will come out this year? Or the project is cancelled forever...?
Keep up with your great work!
Best regards,
Catalin
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

We didn't decide yet whether to call it Komodo 4.1 or 5. If we gain a few more elo before release then Komodo 5 would seem justified. As far as I know Rybka 5 is still expected this year.