Adam's Computer Chess Page

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Adam Hair

Adam's Computer Chess Page

Post by Adam Hair »

I have created a page with Google Blogger. Over the past three years, I have learned a lot about computer chess (though I have much still to learn), and I decided to try to give back to the community in some way.

At the very least, my efforts will have value due to the links I provide. Those links are the source of almost all of my knowledge concerning computer chess.

My goal for this blog is to present the results of my testing and experiments with computer chess engines, as well as to provide information to others concerning engines, GUIs, and ancillary programs. In addition, I hope to enlighten the newcomer, and possibly the old-timer (ever once in a while), by high-lighting the work of the programmers and the enthusiasts who have contributed to this hobby/field of endeavor. I truly appreciate the amount of time and effort these people have spent, especially since I have been reaping the fruits of their labors, and this is my way of honoring those people.

At the moment, the content on my blog leans towards what I know best. However, I want it to cover all aspects of computer chess (to some degree). The topics found there will be expanded.

If anyone sees factual errors or could provide additional information, feel free to pm me. From that point, we can communicate via pm or email.

Adam
Adam Hair

Re: Adam's Computer Chess Page

Post by Adam Hair »

SzG wrote:Hi Adam,

I wish every success to your endeavour.
Thankyou, Gábor.
SzG wrote:I am always very critical of what I see so let me note that I have some difficulty reading certain parts of the page.
Yes, you are! :lol: :lol: :lol:
SzG wrote: Maybe transparancy hurts the legibility where the wallpaper is too light.
I will make some adjustments.
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

Good initiative Adam, and good luck! :D

(A matter of taste tips: title's white color doesn't read well above its non-unified background.)
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Adam Hair wrote:I have created a page with Google Blogger. Over the past three years, I have learned a lot about computer chess (though I have much still to learn), and I decided to try to give back to the community in some way.

At the very least, my efforts will have value due to the links I provide. Those links are the source of almost all of my knowledge concerning computer chess.

My goal for this blog is to present the results of my testing and experiments with computer chess engines, as well as to provide information to others concerning engines, GUIs, and ancillary programs. In addition, I hope to enlighten the newcomer, and possibly the old-timer (ever once in a while), by high-lighting the work of the programmers and the enthusiasts who have contributed to this hobby/field of endeavor. I truly appreciate the amount of time and effort these people have spent, especially since I have been reaping the fruits of their labors, and this is my way of honoring those people.

At the moment, the content on my blog leans towards what I know best. However, I want it to cover all aspects of computer chess (to some degree). The topics found there will be expanded.

If anyone sees factual errors or could provide additional information, feel free to pm me. From that point, we can communicate via pm or email.

Adam
Cool 8-)

Miguel
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

JuLieN wrote:Good initiative Adam, and good luck! :D

(A matter of taste tips: title's white color doesn't read well above its non-unified background.)
I might have to lose the background, though I don't want to.

Thanks, Julien.
fern

Post by fern »

Interesting, Adam. If you ever want to have a little piece of chess miscellaneous stuff written by me -chess experiences, rants, comments, jokes, memorabilia, etc- juts let me know.

Fern
gleperlier

Post by gleperlier »

fern wrote:Interesting, Adam. If you ever want to have a little piece of chess miscellaneous stuff written by me -chess experiences, rants, comments, jokes, memorabilia, etc- juts let me know.

Fern
Fern as a guest star would be cool :wink:
Dan Honeycutt

Post by Dan Honeycutt »

Nice job. Your Also-ran rating list appears to be a picture thus can't be searched to see if an engine of interest is included. I'd suggest making anything of any length text or HTML so it can be searched.

Best
Dan H.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Very good Adam. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Dan Honeycutt wrote:Nice job. Your Also-ran rating list appears to be a picture thus can't be searched to see if an engine of interest is included. I'd suggest making anything of any length text or HTML so it can be searched.

Best
Dan H.
I was lazy when I did that. Normal text loses its formatting if you copy and paste, and I have not taken time to learn how to format it with html, as of yet. However, you have pointed out a very good reason for me to learn how.

Thanks,
Adam