To Catch Houdini- 1st You Have To Shut Up!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

solis

Re: To Catch Houdini- 1st You Have To Shut Up!

Post by solis »

geots wrote:Except for 1 programmer I would like to see catch Houdini (and he knows who he is), I don't have a horse in this race. But all I have to do is go thru this whole page of garbage to see the programmers who for sure have no chance of ever catching Robert. I put the challenge on the table with Vas and Rybka- and I put the same challenge on the table with Robert and Houdini. No takers. So Fruit made Vas and Ivanhoe made Robert. I will say it one more time: Fruit is open source and Ivanhoe is open source. So all programmers have the same info available to them. Use it to catch Robert, Vas- or both. I put money on the table and had no takers. The ones who had already tried knew it was futile.

Everyone was so busy talking that they did not even realize the enormity of the statement Robert made right here on this page- and it is still on this page. And I will bet good money you still can't find it after I told you where it is. It speaks volumes and is at the heart of the Vas-Rybka-Fruit issue as well. Because the only other time I had ever heard the EXACT statement was in private- from Vas!

It is important- because it tells you why you cannot catch Houdini and another program whose last release was over 2 years ago. Hint: it wasn't any particular lines of code from Fruit or the Ivanhoes that benefited Vas and Robert. Obviously- because if it had been, we would have programs with the strength of Rybka and Houdini coming out of our ears. There is a good reason we don't- and likely never will.

There is one particular guy on Immortal (certainly NOT PP), and Jim Ablett knows of who I speak- who has spent more time when he is not working trying to figure out exactly what Robert did than all the rest put together. He has made it a mission. He knows more about the Ivanhoes than the programmers themselves. Ask him if it was direct code from Ivanhoe that made Houdini. He will tell you quick- not a chance in hell. So what is the secret? Robert Houdart told you right here- and you still don't have a clue.
Learn to listen more and talk less.

gts
Hey George,
can you explain in simple terms what you really meant with this post.A lot of people still don't get it.They say that you are obsessed with catching up with Houdini.They are not getting the main point of your message.Just make it short and sweet in your special way.
I can't wait to see it.

:lol:
solis

Post by solis »

Fruit is open source and Ivanhoe is open source. So all programmers have the same info available to them. Use it to catch Robert, Vas- or both.The ones who had already tried knew it was futile.
It is important- because it tells you why you cannot catch Houdini and another program whose last release was over 2 years ago. Hint: it wasn't any particular lines of code from Fruit or the Ivanhoes that benefited Vas and Robert. Obviously- because if it had been, we would have programs with the strength of Rybka and Houdini coming out of our ears. There is a good reason we don't- and likely never will.

gts
This is the essence of what George is saying for those who did not understand.
And the reason why this is not happening is that the other programers still can not reach the level of brilliance that Robert and Vas have reached.
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

solis wrote:This is the essence of what George is saying for those who did not understand.
solis wrote:This is not primary school where teacher has to explain the meaning of what was written here.
solis

Post by solis »

hgm wrote:Why are you obsessed with catching Houdini? Why do you think that others even care about Houdini? Let alone talk about it? :shock:
Is George really obsessed. You did not get it, man.
Lusakan

Post by Lusakan »

solis wrote:
hgm wrote:Why are you obsessed with catching Houdini? Why do you think that others even care about Houdini? Let alone talk about it? :shock:
They all get it crystal clear alright, but it exposes their inadequecies so much that they would rather play dumb than discuss the point.
"you are OK, I am Ok"
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

solis wrote:
Fruit is open source and Ivanhoe is open source. So all programmers have the same info available to them. Use it to catch Robert, Vas- or both.The ones who had already tried knew it was futile.

gts
This is the essence of what George is saying for those who did not understand.
And the reason why this is not happening is that the other programers still can not reach the level of brilliance that Robert and Vas have reached.
The essence is apparently that it is bullshit! :lol: Because indeed such programs are coming out of our ears...
solis

Post by solis »

Lusakan wrote:
solis wrote:
They all get it crystal clear alright, but it exposes their inadequecies so much that they would rather play dumb than discuss the point.
Hi Lusakan,
I really like that Shaka Zulu avatar.He was a fierce warrior.And looks like you are equally fearsome and your words are as sharp as his spear.

Cheers.