8 core tournament with live broadcast

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Updated list of participants

Post by Graham Banks »

Daniel Shawul wrote:Haven't you managed to get WB2Uci working? I haven't used it for a long time so I can't help there. HG or Jim can help get us poor winboarders into the tournament.
If you manage to get it working, use existing Scorpio because I don't have a windows machine to compile the new code, and also you are about to start..
No luck unfortunately Daniel and nobody has been able or prepared to help with either Scorpio or Crafty. :?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Graham Banks

Tournament now underway

Post by Graham Banks »

Tournament now underway in Playchess under the heading "Revving Up The V8s (8 cores).

I added Arasan 14.1 and Sting SF PV 120629 to make a field of 32.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
carldaman

Re: Tournament now underway

Post by carldaman »

Graham Banks wrote:Tournament now underway in Playchess under the heading "Revving Up The V8s (8 cores).

Hi Graham,

Is this a stable/working version of Sting? If so, where can it be downloaded?

Thanks,
CL
Graham Banks

Re: Tournament now underway

Post by Graham Banks »

carldaman wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Tournament now underway in Playchess under the heading "Revving Up The V8s (8 cores).

Hi Graham,

Is this a stable/working version of Sting? If so, where can it be downloaded?

Thanks,
CL
I don't believe that it has been made available yet. Seems to work okay, but the true test will be when you see its first game.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Graham Banks

Re: Updated list of participants

Post by Graham Banks »

Graham Banks wrote:
Daniel Shawul wrote:Haven't you managed to get WB2Uci working? I haven't used it for a long time so I can't help there. HG or Jim can help get us poor winboarders into the tournament.
If you manage to get it working, use existing Scorpio because I don't have a windows machine to compile the new code, and also you are about to start..
No luck unfortunately Daniel and nobody has been able or prepared to help with either Scorpio or Crafty. :?
I should point out that I have both Crafty 23.4 and Scorpio 2.7 working on other computers using the wb2uci adapters (1CPU though), so perhaps I've altered the files incorrectly to use 8CPU. I'm using both engines with 4CPU on the octal, but as Winboard engines.

Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com