Rotor 0.7 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
Jan Brouwer
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:12 pm
Location: Netherlands

Rotor 0.7 released

Post by Jan Brouwer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:01 pm

After a break from computer chess, I've caught the bug again, and have updated my program.
The new version can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/chessrotor/

Changes since the previous version are:
- continued refactoring of code
- added support for OS X
- castling bug corrected
- tuned pawn evaluation weights using CLOP

I tried tuning other evaluation weights using CLOP, but failed so far.
This may have something to do with badly reproducable testing results that I'm looking into.

Have fun,

Jan

Günther Höhne
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Rotor 0.7 released

Post by Günther Höhne » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks Jan, I hope Rotor have soon a Ponder mode?

User avatar
gleperlier
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Re: Rotor 0.7 released

Post by gleperlier » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Jan Brouwer wrote:After a break from computer chess, I've caught the bug again, and have updated my program.
The new version can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/chessrotor/

Changes since the previous version are:
- continued refactoring of code
- added support for OS X
- castling bug corrected
- tuned pawn evaluation weights using CLOP

I tried tuning other evaluation weights using CLOP, but failed so far.
This may have something to do with badly reproducable testing results that I'm looking into.

Have fun,

Jan
Nice !

Are you following this tournament ? http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/discuss ... b9b2ea19c2

Delphil is fighting with Rotor to stay in division 4 :wink:

Cheers,

Gab

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 33149
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: Rotor 0.7 released

Post by Graham Banks » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Jan Brouwer wrote:After a break from computer chess, I've caught the bug again, and have updated my program.
The new version can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/chessrotor/

Changes since the previous version are:
- continued refactoring of code
- added support for OS X
- castling bug corrected
- tuned pawn evaluation weights using CLOP

I tried tuning other evaluation weights using CLOP, but failed so far.
This may have something to do with badly reproducable testing results that I'm looking into.

Have fun,

Jan
Good news. Thanks Jan. :)
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

Jan Brouwer
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:12 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Rotor 0.7 released

Post by Jan Brouwer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 pm

Günther Höhne wrote:Thanks Jan, I hope Rotor have soon a Ponder mode?
I will add it to my todo list, it should not be too difficult to implement.

Jan Brouwer
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:12 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Rotor 0.7 released

Post by Jan Brouwer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:43 pm

gleperlier wrote: Nice !

Are you following this tournament ? http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/discuss ... b9b2ea19c2

Delphil is fighting with Rotor to stay in division 4 :wink:

Cheers,

Gab
Yes, I am!

Before Rotor even promoted to 2nd division, now it is struggling to stay in 4th division.
Many of the mid-level engines have made good progress in the last year.

Günther Höhne
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Rotor 0.7 released

Post by Günther Höhne » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:11 am

Jan Brouwer wrote: I will add it to my todo list, it should not be too difficult to implement.
Very nice. 8-)

Wolfgang
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 11:08 pm

Re: Rotor 0.7 released

Post by Wolfgang » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:53 am

Best
Wolfgang
CEGT-Team

mhalstern
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:09 am

Re: Rotor 0.7 released

Post by mhalstern » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:34 am

Thanks,

I have Rotor 0.4

How much stronger is the new version?

Jan Brouwer
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:12 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Rotor 0.7 released

Post by Jan Brouwer » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:21 pm

mhalstern wrote:Thanks,

I have Rotor 0.4

How much stronger is the new version?
The difference between version 0.4 and 0.6 is about 110 ELO points according to CCRL.

I expect 0.7 adds a few tens of points, so perhaps (fingers crossed) about 150 ELO points in total.

Post Reply