Mediocre v0.5 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jim Ablett
Full name: Jim Ablett

Re: Mediocre v0.5 released

Post by Jim Ablett »

countrychess wrote:
Jim Ablett wrote: Hi Geert,

Excelsior Jet exe should run a bit faster on a 32 bit system.
Launch4J exe is just an executable wrapper for Java so it needs Java installed on the system.
If it is a 64 bit system, install the 64 bit Java runtime environment.
Running Launch4j (or original Jar file) with 64 bit Java will be the fastest I suspect.

Jim.
Hi Jim,

I have jr7 on my system installed so it should work. Does the logfile contain no interesting info? Anyway, I have a working Mediocre (under a Chessbase-gui!) so I am not complaining at all :-).

Best regards,
Geert
Logfile indicates maybe problem with the Java installation. Is it latest version? Can you run the Jar file?

Jim.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Jim Ablett wrote:
countrychess wrote:
Jim Ablett wrote: Hi Geert,

Excelsior Jet exe should run a bit faster on a 32 bit system.
Launch4J exe is just an executable wrapper for Java so it needs Java installed on the system.
If it is a 64 bit system, install the 64 bit Java runtime environment.
Running Launch4j (or original Jar file) with 64 bit Java will be the fastest I suspect.

Jim.
Hi Jim,

I have jr7 on my system installed so it should work. Does the logfile contain no interesting info? Anyway, I have a working Mediocre (under a Chessbase-gui!) so I am not complaining at all :-).

Best regards,
Geert
Logfile indicates maybe problem with the Java installation. Is it latest version? Can you run the Jar file?

Jim.
Sorry to jump in, but I can run Mediocre 0.5 as a java engine (jar file) on my Intel i5. Not sure if that's helpful or not.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
countrychess

Post by countrychess »

Hi Jonatan,

Mediocre 0.5 (exc. jet JA) scores 4/9 in my
Swedish Championship tournament, which I think is significantly stronger than version 0.4 (scored 4/14). So good job and there's still a second part of the tournament running.

regards,
Geert
Zlaire

Post by Zlaire »

Seems promising. :) Thank you Geert.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Zlaire wrote:Seems promising. :) Thank you Geert.
Indeed....I double that :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….